Rock Drake

ScubaJohn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 6:14 PM, MMental said:

Yes he is allowed in cave and it's really helpfull. If the rockdrake can't pass a hole, just cryo-uncryo him.

I've been away from ARK for a few years, so just hearing about this cryopod feature. I just read about it and it says that you and the dino will have cryo sickness for five minutes when you uncryo something. In many caves, that seems like something that could easily get you and the dino killed. In practice, is this a problem, or are there ways to minimize the fact that you have to wait five minutes in a cave where there are usually quite a few things moving around that want to kill you?

On 10/16/2019 at 10:11 PM, wildbill said:

I've been away from ARK for a few years, so just hearing about this cryopod feature. I just read about it and it says that you and the dino will have cryo sickness for five minutes when you uncryo something. In many caves, that seems like something that could easily get you and the dino killed. In practice, is this a problem, or are there ways to minimize the fact that you have to wait five minutes in a cave where there are usually quite a few things moving around that want to kill you?

Hi, when you uncryo a dino, that set a cooldown of 5 mns. If you don't have the cooldown, the first dino you uncryo is fine and awake. but if you uncryo a dino when you still have this cooldown this dino will sleep instant after out(depend of the dino torpor) and you can't ride him until the same cooldown end. And if you cryo in a dino, you don't have to worry about the cooldown that don't affect.

So if you uncryo a dino without this cooldown you can use it right after that why you can cryo-uncryo a dino for pass a hole in cave :).

7 hours ago, MMental said:

Hi, when you uncryo a dino, that set a cooldown of 5 mns. If you don't have the cooldown, the first dino you uncryo is fine and awake. but if you uncryo a dino when you still have this cooldown this dino will sleep instant after out(depend of the dino torpor) and you can't ride him until the same cooldown end. And if you cryo in a dino, you don't have to worry about the cooldown that don't affect.

So if you uncryo a dino without this cooldown you can use it right after that why you can cryo-uncryo a dino for pass a hole in cave :).

Ah, thanks. Reading the wiki, I didn't understand how the cooldown works. Now I do.

Archived