Tired and Disappointed.

Dragakko

Tired and Disappointed.

I’m ready for all the hate that I will get from writing this, but here goes.

Im done with how you NEED to have at least 10 or more friends to play ark. It’s normally me and my best friend fending off the alphas but recently I just got offline raided. We had many wyverns and griffins, and we got completly wiped by, you guessed it, an Arthroplurea. Our turrets killed a stegosaurus and a Pt. But all, and I mean ALL of our Dino’s and everything that was good to us was killed by this damn Arthro. I’m about done with ark because of the cheap things people use to their advantage to offline raid newer players. And yes I know I’m another one of the millions of people who are, “Constantly complaining about offline raiding, play pve u nub” I’m going to answer that with a HELL NO, pve is boring, and not fair with all of the area claiming with pillars and foundations. I just want there to be a nerf, know what? No not a nerf, A MURDER- to the turret soaking, and base destroying Dino’s. It gives you ZERO POSSIBLE chances at enjoying this game. Me and my friend love to play but we’re quitting on Sunday. Due to my birthday.

SECONDLY, and no I’m NOT DONE YET.

raptorING TURRET———

Sorry about that, but yes turrets. They shouldn’t be allowed to be placed in certain areas, and I mean physically make it so turrets cannot be placed in POI’s like the wyvern trench.. 

The raptorING WYVERN———

Sigh.. apologies. Turrets need to have warnings on automatically, and you can only turn it up or down, not off completely. And they need to be made very obvious with a laser change. They move around autonomously and shine lasers to make them more apparent. So someone who’s just flying on a Pt to close to the ground, doesn’t get lit up by heavy turrets and looses their Dino. And the person using the turrets gets rewarded for killing someone who didn’t even know their base was anywhere near there.

THIRDLY, yup STILL GOING

CLAIMING AREAS

I cannot think of a viable way to fix this. But  alpha tribes will send out people to place foundations in all of the good base spots, sometimes even just make a turret wall in my servers case. I cannot tell you how many hours I’ve wasted, looking for a good server, then making my character, getting a Dino or two then trying to find a base spot, but I’m too scared to check down on the ground cause of what? What? I-i can’t seem to.. TURRRRRRRREEEEETTTTSSS. 

Alright i I think I’ve gotten the anger out of my system. I’ll take all the hate you can give me. Once again, goodbye Ark, It hasn’t really been fun.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

So you want zero dinos to damage bases, turrets not to auto fire and people.to give you the best base spots?

Wow such Entitlement. Go play a different game. I hear Fortnite is great for people like you

Oh haha, you’re sooo funny. Look, I’m not saying I want everything to myself, you’re just reading my post the way you wanna hear it cause you don’t want to hear anyone criticize you’re “favorite game” you obviously didn’t pay attention to a word I said dude.

4 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

why not play on a private or unofficial server?

This.

I will never play on official servers because of the douchebags... they're everywhere and you'll never get rid of them. Whether you enjoy pVP or PVE, you can host your own server where you can set the rules and decide who gets to play.

My friend and I have done this since I first went online with Ark (played SP initially to get acquainted with the game). We have an unofficial server that is limited to just us and people we personally know. A friend of ours recently moved to California, and got her roommates interested in the game, so we allowed them in, and set up tiny little starter huts with some basic supplies for them as a "welcome" - we obviously play PVE.

We enjoy the cooperative aspect of the game, building really cool aesthetic bases that can work with the environment instead of being "un-raidable", and having a happy little community. I get that's our thing, and there are people who prefer the PVP aspect - but it's just as easy to accomplish in PVP. Start a server, pick your rules, and invite who you want. Then you get to play the game on your terms.

3 hours ago, Dragakko said:

Oh haha, you’re sooo funny. Look, I’m not saying I want everything to myself, you’re just reading my post the way you wanna hear it cause you don’t want to hear anyone criticize you’re “favorite game” you obviously didn’t pay attention to a word I said dude.

I don't even play ARK anymore, "dude".

Whining thread is whining. I did actually read the whole thread. That was the only bit worth commenting on. 

I get what Dragakko is saying, but there are a lot of unofficial servers with good moderators out there where you can fight and have fun, but not get griefed all the time.  Even a number with PVE 5 days a week and PVP weekends, and mods that make it seem like a totally new game. Or ones where passive dinos parked elsewhere are left alone, etc.  Just saying that if one way of playing ARK is not working for you then there are many options should you decide to continue.

I also get what you are saying @Dragakko, I don’t know why a lot of people just wanna keep the drama going instead of actually being relevant. 

I have have had the same frustrations as you do, people on official are the worst scum ever. 

- that was why I gave unofficials a chance and never looked back. 

It takes a while for server owners to see your post (if you want something specific of course) but that has helped me a lot earlier. It is also a lot easier starting over on other servers if you start out on one with high settings ?

YOU'RE PLAYING ON THE WRONG SERVERS. Try playing on a friendly unofficial PVE server and nearly all your dreams will come true. If you buy a pair of shoes because someone recommended them, but don't find the size that's the right fit for you, then you will be disappointed. Same with Ark. It's a great game if you take the time to find the right server to play on. 

Yeah it definitely seems like OP's biggest complaint is the offline raiding, Thing is turret soaking needs to be a thing, otherwise turrets become way too strong. Why not try a server with ORP active, you don't have to join PvE just to avoid offline raiding. Just find a PvP offline raid protection server and then boom, no more offline raiding. Also There is a counter to soaking dinos, if you have enough plant x mixed in with your turrets it makes it harder for the enemy to soak as the slow means they can't just back their dino off to heal it up as easily. You can even armour your plants so they cant just flame arrow the crop plot. 

I see so many people these days neglect plant x, and while yes turrets are a must and without them you are very vulnerable, but using only turrets can be just as silly. Get a good mix of both and you will see the benefits. Not too mention the upkeep for plants is a lot less than turrets so it really costs you very little to just add some plant x to your defense line. Raiders destroy your generators and bring your turrets offline, For a lot of players this means you are now done for. But if you have put up enough plant spam then killing your genie is just the first thing the raiders will have to deal with, next is to kill or avoid all the plants that are still up otherwise they will make the raid really challenging to finish. Don't underestimate the plant spam, you wont regret getting a few beetles a phomia and spamming as many crop plots as you can to support your turrets... 

On 9/19/2019 at 8:22 AM, Oldkane said:

I get what Dragakko is saying, but there are a lot of unofficial servers with good moderators out there where you can fight and have fun, but not get griefed all the time.  Even a number with PVE 5 days a week and PVP weekends, and mods that make it seem like a totally new game. Or ones where passive dinos parked elsewhere are left alone, etc.  Just saying that if one way of playing ARK is not working for you then there are many options should you decide to continue.

Look you might as well go play in some 'PVP' arena and have 'tournaments' if you are going down that path of artificial PVP and raid days. Lawless PVP just works its a winning formula, so why try and throw in hurdles to break stuff when it runs flawlessly. 

I get that people don't like PVP and that's why PVE exists, that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is to say you can do PVP but then present a list of silly rules that make a mockery of the whole point of PVP. Take for example your suggestion about 'passive tames'. Putting aside the fact that destroying everything of value of enemy tribe is a valid war objective this rule also number of flaws.Not allowing people to kill 'passive' tames is one of those rules that not only does not make sense, it can't be reliably enforced and is open to extreme abuse. If you add a rule like that then anyone with a brain is going to say ok well I will just store all my loot on my passive tames. Same goes with shielded bases when you log off, ok well I will just store all my stuff in my alt tribe's base. Broken and doesn't work.

5 hours ago, HoboNation said:

Yeah it definitely seems like OP's biggest complaint is the offline raiding, Thing is turret soaking needs to be a thing, otherwise turrets become way too strong. Why not try a server with ORP active, you don't have to join PvE just to avoid offline raiding. Just find a PvP offline raid protection server and then boom, no more offline raiding. Also There is a counter to soaking dinos, if you have enough plant x mixed in with your turrets it makes it harder for the enemy to soak as the slow means they can't just back their dino off to heal it up as easily. You can even armour your plants so they cant just flame arrow the crop plot. 

I see so many people these days neglect plant x, and while yes turrets are a must and without them you are very vulnerable, but using only turrets can be just as silly. Get a good mix of both and you will see the benefits. Not too mention the upkeep for plants is a lot less than turrets so it really costs you very little to just add some plant x to your defense line. Raiders destroy your generators and bring your turrets offline, For a lot of players this means you are now done for. But if you have put up enough plant spam then killing your genie is just the first thing the raiders will have to deal with, next is to kill or avoid all the plants that are still up otherwise they will make the raid really challenging to finish. Don't underestimate the plant spam, you wont regret getting a few beetles a phomia and spamming as many crop plots as you can to support your turrets... 

ORP sound great on paper but the reality is quite different. Apart from the obvious glaring implications of allowing bases to become invulnerable and all the exploits and abuse that entails, you also have the issue that anytime someone builds some bit of garbage somewhere on the map no matter what is be it a random pillar in the middle of no where or a foundation with a smith on it blocking nodes respawning, if they are not online you just have to sit there and do nothing since you can't remove it. Not only is that incredibly stupid but you end up with servers clogged with crap that can be very hard to remove.

10 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

ORP sound great on paper but the reality is quite different. Apart from the obvious glaring implications of allowing bases to become invulnerable and all the exploits and abuse that entails, you also have the issue that anytime someone builds some bit of garbage somewhere on the map no matter what is be it a random pillar in the middle of no where or a foundation with a smith on it blocking nodes respawning, if they are not online you just have to sit there and do nothing since you can't remove it. Not only is that incredibly stupid but you end up with servers clogged with crap that can be very hard to remove.

This is true, I dont play much on ORP servers so I havent really experienced this but I have heard from many people about the pain this can be. The few ORP servers I did play on seemed to do it pretty well where instead of a blanket ORP system for all structers and dinos when you go offline instead they had that ORP device which you had to craft, and it would activate after all members are offline and create an ORP shield but only around a specified area, so you could only cover your base with it, this meant any random stuff you had left about that wasnt under this shield was still fully damageable.

I believe you were also only able to have one of these ORP generators at a time so you couldnt just spam them all over. I think this method of ORP is a much better option than the standard one that just makes your stuff invincible. 

Also your base was still subject to auto decay even while under the ORP barrier so it encouraged you to have to still log on otherwise your base would decay anyway. I must say I did enjoy it but I am a sucker for the harsh brutality of standard official PvP, even though I get rekt plenty I still enjoy it, that back and forth and the competitiveness really lights a fire in my belly :P. But I get that it's not for everyone, you have to have a thick skin and also be able to detach yourself from your in game progress, realizing and accepting that it is a game and that you can lose all your progress in minutes is a big factor in preparing you to deal with true PvP.

I will say however I don't like the dynamic of established alphas that throw their weight around at newer players, this is why I much prefer the monthly wipe servers, not only does it help solidify the temporary nature of your in game progress which lessens the sting when you inevitably get beaten by someone else, but it also allows for a more even playing ground so that all who start at a wipe are still able to compete. I don't find entertainment from a man with a jet pack and a gun killing nakeds who have spears and bows, I much more enjoy when both the naked and the man with the gun had the same opportunities to over come the other and it was their in game choices that lead them to their outcomes, not just the fact that one has been established on a server for 3 years while the other only joined a few hours ago.

But different strokes for different folks, with a little searching most people can find the right game mode to fit their play style and cater to what they are seeking to get from this game.

Archived