Jump to content

  • 0
BERSERK3R

Reduce MAXIMUM tames even more

Suggestion

Reduce MAXIMUM tames even more

Ok, everyone wants UNLIMITED creatures, unlimited PILLARSPAM, unlimited, ...well basically people want the WHOLE map for themselves.........

Problem....LAAAAAAAAAG, and performance issues.

No one needs 500 creatures.
If anyone could have 100.000 creatures, and it would be reduced to 90.000 they would freak out just as much as they would, if its lowered from 500 to 200.
So I hope wildcard does understand this.

I walked up to a neighbor who had about 20 WYVERNS and maybe 100 PTERAS...just "for FUN AND BREEDING"....
Also many could be disposed, which they dont have time for, meanwhile the LAGS AS poop.

Lets be realistic:

20 rex for battle (if you are in a tribe, you only need 20)
5-10 for breeding
Most creatures are for breeding, and ...becuase you can.

And because we can we MAX it out, and you can have 70*500 creatures IN A GAME (+Wild + Players
thats 45.000 ENTITYIES + lets say 500 wild, and + 70 Players.
thats a whole lot of calculations.

So yes, a pretty self explenatory summary, but Wildcard lower the max creature count to maybe 300.

 

More creatures = MORE LAG
More creatures = BIGGER BASES = MORE LAG
MORE LAG * MORE LAG = .....Ark.


So much times i fly though the map, and getting stuck to wait 5 minutes, and REALISE THE BASE DID NOT SPAWN YET.....
The game becomes a slide show of popping walls and gates all the bloody time....
We get used to it, but it's a HORROR SHOW, and it can be improved, and Wildcard knows this.

Reduce the absurd lag, reduce the "limitless" structures and entities, and people will have such a better time playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 replies to this server topic

Recommended Posts

  • 0
9 hours ago, BERSERK3R said:

Lets be realistic:

20 rex for battle (if you are in a tribe, you only need 20)
5-10 for breeding
Most creatures are for breeding, and ...becuase you can.

You need far more than 5-10 breeders if you want to have any chance at progressing a breeding line. Perhaps you should focus less on how others are playing a sandbox game. If they like breeding something you consider useless, then that is your opinion and you should let them play the way they want. For example, your 20 rexes are useless as therizs are much better in my opinion. Please kill them the next time you login because you are wasting server resources. See how selfish that sounds? Anyways, you should give SP a try since you seem to rant on everything related to multiplayer. Don't get me wrong tho, I fully agree that the tame limit could be reduced now that the kibbles rework have been released and players have the ability to freeze their tame however I think your "I play like this, so everyone should play like this too" way of presenting it a bit wrong.

8 hours ago, BERSERK3R said:

And because we can we MAX it out, and you can have 70*500 creatures IN A GAME (+Wild + Players
thats 45.000 ENTITYIES + lets say 500 wild, and + 70 Players.
thats a whole lot of calculations.

70 * 500 = 35,000 not 45,000. Either way, there is a global limit of 9,500 tamed creatures server-wide on PC and I believe 5,000 on consoles. Once that limit is reached, nobody can tame/breed anything until the global amount of tames is decreased.

9 hours ago, BERSERK3R said:

reduce the "limitless" structures and entities

There is also a limit of 10,500 structures in the same area on PC and probably much lower on consoles. So yeah, there is already limits in place and nothing is "limitless".

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

You need far more than 5-10 breeders if you want to have any chance at progressing a breeding line. Perhaps you should focus less on how others are playing a sandbox game. If they like breeding something you consider useless, then that is your opinion and you should let them play the way they want. For example, your 20 rexes are useless as therizs are much better in my opinion. Please kill them the next time you login because you are wasting server resources. See how selfish that sounds? Anyways, you should give SP a try since you seem to rant on everything related to multiplayer. Don't get me wrong tho, I fully agree that the tame limit could be reduced now that the kibbles rework have been released and players have the ability to freeze their tame however I think your "I play like this, so everyone should play like this too" way of presenting it a bit wrong.

70 * 500 = 35,000 not 45,000. Either way, there is a global limit of 9,500 tamed creatures server-wide on PC and I believe 5,000 on consoles. Once that limit is reached, nobody can tame/breed anything until the global amount of tames is decreased.

There is also a limit of 10,500 structures in the same area on PC and probably much lower on consoles. So yeah, there is already limits in place and nothing is "limitless".

there is a global limit of 9,500 tamed creatures server-wide

So a server has 70 slots.

That means 19 players can have 500 creatures....

That LEAVES 61 players that are SCREWED, and can tame.......about...0 tames, thats genius how very well balanced!
Looks like i was mistaken and the game is perfectly balanced, thank god we get GENISYS, more creatures, more balance....

It's true, its perfect the way it is now, Wildcard knows what its doing, no hax, no lag, no performance issues, they nailed it.
500 tames, is the universal number of balance, anything less would be literally unplayable, you got to have 500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this suggestion...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...