Single Player Bosses

LordMightyMax

Single Player Bosses

Does anyone know for certain if there are differences in the bosses between single player and the official servers? I know there is for the Dragon based on the Wiki. I'm just not sure if that omission from the other, newer bosses is intentional or if the devs simply have not gotten around to updating the docs.

If it is different, then does anyone know the setting that we can screw with to create apples-to-apples environments for testing purposes?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

All bosses in a non-dedicated session will deal 70% less damage and take 300% more. These adjusters are hard-coded and cannot be disabled. If you want to test strategies based on official settings then you must setup a dedicated session.

thought you could do that with a undedicated session as well?

That's honestly very disappointing, as I'm playing single player with server difficulty settings and want to take on the bosses at full strength...I turned off easy mode because I don't want to play that, but if the bosses are hard-coded to be easy mode on single player, then there's no point. A QoL suggestion would then be to allow us to enable or disable SP boss settings, for those of us who want the challenge but can't currently dedicate time to playing on a server.

@Darkholis The reason I don't play on servers anymore is because I don't play regularly. I just took 2 months off from playing over the summer and got back into it this weekend. I also don't play PVP because I'm not interested in that aspect of the game. I don't have to force myself to login to reset timers and feed animals, or spawn back in to nothing on SP. I played on unofficials for years until I just didn't have the time/interest to continue playing every single day anymore, and my old tribemates stopped playing for various reasons themselves so I don't have anyone to play with even if I did.

On 9/17/2019 at 3:05 AM, invincibleqc said:

All bosses in a non-dedicated session will deal 70% less damage and take 300% more. These adjusters are hard-coded and cannot be disabled. If you want to test strategies based on official settings then you must setup a dedicated session.

I think you mean that they take 300% damage, not that they take 300% more damage. They take 3x damage, not 4x

On 9/18/2019 at 9:28 PM, PFM said:

Can this be fixed? Can't you just do a setting that makes the player do 1/3 damage and the enemy does 1.43x more damage?

Yes, you can change values in the config files that will change the amount of damage that players and tames give, and take, which would make up for default values for bosses.

The catch is that those changed values for players & tames will carry over to everything, not just the boss fight. So if someone's intent is to only make the changes for boss fights they would have to edit the .ini files specifically for boss fights, and then change them back to the default values for the rest of their game play.

2 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Yes, you can change values in the config files that will change the amount of damage that players and tames give, and take, which would make up for default values for bosses.

The catch is that those changed values for players & tames will carry over to everything, not just the boss fight. So if someone's intent is to only make the changes for boss fights they would have to edit the .ini files specifically for boss fights, and then change them back to the default values for the rest of their game play.

There is no slider for it? Basically there's no hope for xbox players?

On 9/20/2019 at 10:38 AM, Qwertymine said:

Play on Xbox, fairly certain you can switch the Singleplayer difficulty off and face their full strength.

the only single-player specific setting that I'm aware of is the one that increases dino stats and gives other gameplay adjustments like tame rate, maturation rate, imprint intervals, etc etc. 

Where would I find this option to face their full-strength?

5 hours ago, PFM said:

the only single-player specific setting that I'm aware of is the one that increases dino stats and gives other gameplay adjustments like tame rate, maturation rate, imprint intervals, etc etc. 

Where would I find this option to face their full-strength?

From my memory, in the same one you would find stuff like Dino Transfer Rules and such. Should be called Singleplayer Difficulty or something to that effect. 

25 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

From my memory, in the same one you would find stuff like Dino Transfer Rules and such. Should be called Singleplayer Difficulty or something to that effect. 

That does not fix the bosses, they'll still be weaker.

There is only one way to properly circumvent this without just setting up a proper server, and that is to use the DinoClassResistanceMultipliers and DinoClassDamageMultipliers to balance it out. Damage multipliers should be at 3.33 to balance out how their damage is decreased to 30% and resistance should be at 3 to balance out how they take 3x as much damage.

You'd have to use these ini lines for every boss and every difficulty (one for gamma, beta, and alpha broodmother, then again those 3 for the other bosses)

This link explains those 2 lines.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

On 9/19/2019 at 7:10 PM, PFM said:

Fixed for people like @Cymas that want the difficulty to be the same as on official servers

I get what you mean. That wasnt what I was going for. I mean it was implemented purposefully by the devs so you wouldn't 'fix' it - more like circumvent.

The only way is to host your own server via Nitrado. I did it for my story playthrough and didnt regret a second of it. 

2 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

That does not fix the bosses, they'll still be weaker.

There is only one way to properly circumvent this without just setting up a proper server, and that is to use the DinoClassResistanceMultipliers and DinoClassDamageMultipliers to balance it out. Damage multipliers should be at 3.33 to balance out how their damage is decreased to 30% and resistance should be at 3 to balance out how they take 3x as much damage.

You'd have to use these ini lines for every boss and every difficulty (one for gamma, beta, and alpha broodmother, then again those 3 for the other bosses)

This link explains those 2 lines.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

And this can only be done through the ini files? 

3 minutes ago, PFM said:

And this can only be done through the ini files? 

Correct, there is no in-game settings or sliders or anything like that for this.

The only sliders I can think of that would help would be if you changed wild dino resistance and damage globally (I believe there are sliders for that) but then there's the side effect that you make every wild creature 9x stronger too, not just the bosses.

51 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

The only sliders I can think of that would help would be if you changed wild dino resistance and damage globally (I believe there are sliders for that) but then there's the side effect that you make every wild creature 9x stronger too, not just the bosses.

Well, in the case of people playing single player they could just turn it on when they do a boss fight and then off again. 

But wouldn't that scale up your dino's damage and resistance too? Essentially nullifying itself?

6 minutes ago, PFM said:

Well, in the case of people playing single player they could just turn it on when they do a boss fight and then off again. 

But wouldn't that scale up your dino's damage and resistance too? Essentially nullifying itself?

Yes, you could just change the settings as you went in and out of boss fights. It'd get a bit tedious in my opinion closing and reopening the game but if it's fine by you then by all means it's a valid solution for your game.

You're right on the second part, I should've been more specific. I believe there's a setting to scale just wilds, but I know there's a setting to change just tames. If you can't change just wild dinos to be stronger, you could change it so that your tames are weaker instead. So you could set your tames to do .33x as much damage to counteract bosses receiving 3x as much damage, and change tamed resistance to be 3.33 to counteract how it does .3x as much damage

Archived