Advice For Doing Valguero Bosses

EatMyDust

On 2/2/2020 at 8:09 AM, Grimm86 said:

you think atem of spinos with 18k health and between 500-600 dmg will work for Beta? oh and my saddle bp is 130 so all saddles  will be 130+

Yep, just depends how many times Drag breathes on your spinos. If you down it within 2 you're golden. Just fyi, the water on the left of the arena is fake, you won't get the water buff on them. This might've been fixed recently but doubt it. Also make sure you're on a Yuty and have them fully buffed before engaging Drag.

• 3 months later...

Val official pve
I have given away my base and will not return to this map.
Fights done when only a few players on server to minimize lag.
The boss fight is just broken. Have now lost 3 set's of 19,  45k health  2600 mele, 120 saddled rex's. + Yuti's.
Third attempt on the alpha and same thing all three times.  Dragon and monkey killed easy, but manticore does not land.
Tried every tip I could find to "encourage" the manticore to land without luck.
I understand this is a mod map, but how hard would it actually be for them to fix this?    

On 5/11/2020 at 7:21 PM, CptChandler said:

Val official pve
I have given away my base and will not return to this map.
Fights done when only a few players on server to minimize lag.
The boss fight is just broken. Have now lost 3 set's of 19,  45k health  2600 mele, 120 saddled rex's. + Yuti's.
Third attempt on the alpha and same thing all three times.  Dragon and monkey killed easy, but manticore does not land.
Tried every tip I could find to "encourage" the manticore to land without luck.
I understand this is a mod map, but how hard would it actually be for them to fix this?    

This is what worries me about doing them. 

My tribemates and I (total between two and four people) have done Gamma and Beta fights several times with no problem on the manticore.

We run a yuty, a couple pigs, a deiny (if we're running three or four people), and the rest rexes.  25k health, around 650-750 melee.  Gamma's a cakewalk, Beta is breezy unless one of the front-line rexes takes a dragon breath too many and then ends up front-line on the monkey, and even then we lost only the one rex.  130 saddles.

I don't know why, but the manticore always lands like clockwork for us.  The pig  and deiny riders will shoot at her if we can, and the deiny will latch if the dragon is dead, but we've never had an issue and really the deiny doesn't seem to do that much damage, especially on beta. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

lot of useful info on this thread

i did my first solo gamma valguero bosses with 1 yuty, 19 rex 20k to 35k hp and 500 to 800 melee, saddle from 40 to 85 armor didn't lose a single dino even though i expected losing the rexes that had the lowest hp with lowest saddle dragon and monkey were done fast but manticore took most of the time because i would not land, i tried your trick (rex on passive in the middle of the field) and it did land several times but still would take 2-3 minutes between landing.

now i want to try alpha, but i am going to use different rexes ( base hp 35k 1.4k melee) going to raise them at 2.5-2.6k melee the rest in hp do i need to bring 19 or can i do it with just 10+1 yuty or less, 20 dino is difficult to manage they always get stuck or in the way, saddlle will be 80-85

• 2 months later...

Haven't done alpha but if your looking for a manageable boss fight beta still gives good element. 15 rexes average 75 armor saddle 44k health and 300 melee (more melee is better for this fight but we had good hp rex's with bad melle lol) , 1 pig (50k food can get from wild), 1 yuty (make sure the yuty is a half decent level for higher torpor we got lazy and used a level 30 with 3k torpor and he decided to sleep the whole fight), 3 rhinos 60 armor (regular max level wild rhinos with 550% melle 1200 stam and 4k health, an imprinted rhino helps but not needed) we had 3 tribe member's doing it, could easily do with 2. Put a stack of 20 veggie cakes in each rhino (will normally use around 13 max). grab a stack of stimulants for each rhino and the yuty to help with torpor (not normally needed but just in case). We use 250% pump shotgun with 300 bullets each. 

First thing we do is whistle the rexes and the other dinos to the back corners we only use the rhinos for the dragon. flyers will prob be summoned kill them and wait for dragon to slowly do his walk toward the teleporter after he lands and meet him before he goes up the "stairs" the idea is you want his breath to not touch the rexes, herbvors take less damage from the fire breath. run around with the rhinos to power up the hit and smack him repeat until he takes flight. make sure you don't go too deep into the area and always look for monkey cause if you agro the monkey your fked. When he flies up take this opportunity to kill dimphdons and pterdyrls  or shot gun the manicore, yes the manicore cause hes a cock sucker and likes to not land. when the dragon lands again repeat do this until the dragon is dead if some rexes got flamed heal them with the pig and immediately one person switches to the yuti for buff whistle the rexes to attack the monkey. For us the other 2 riders shot gun the manicore while the monkey is getting chomped on. 

Now the fun part monkey is dead and you have to deal with the flying fker, he will not like to land, but when he does land just whistle the rexes on him with yuty buff. some tips we found to work to get him to land:

1. move the rexes around a little- this helps when hes being a sausage and not landing and fixes his aggro

2. don't shotgun him- i know its counter intuitive but stop shotgunning when he starts to head toward the ground (idk if this is true but we think this may help) its either that or he tries to find a place to land and can't  and lifts back up)

3. get pissed when he barley lands and you lost all that hard work luckly we have beatin it everytime before that happened but it can get close if your not shotgunning him when you can.

anyway just wanted to let you know you don't need the best poop to beat on beta good luck. 

Archived