Advice For Doing Valguero Bosses

EatMyDust

Advice For Doing Valguero Bosses

Hello everyone, i want to give you all some tips and tricks on doing the Valguero bosses. I'm a tek rex breeder on Valg and I've completed every difficulty multiple times with friends, and up to Beta solo (haven't attempted alpha yet but will before server transfers open up for my own achievement).

SOLO Gamma Minimum Stats:

Composition: 1 Yuty, 1-2 Deinos, rest rexs.

20,000 HP and 550%+ Melee Damage stats on Rexs. Full HP on Deino because all you need it for is the bleed.

If you can get ur hands on 60-70+ armor saddles, it will do fine. Expect a few losses with lower armor.

Bring a 180%+ Pump with 200-300 ammo just in case. You won't need it but bring it anyway because Manticore could glitch out.

GROUP Gamma Minimum Stats:

Composition: 1 yuty, rest imprinted Rhinos. I recommend having at least 3-4 rhino riders. If u have less, bring a rex army with the stats above just in case. Can also do Rexs/Yuty/Deino like in SOLO.

6k+ HP and rest Melee Damage (pref 550%+).

Use 60+ saddles like above. Everyone should have 180%+ Pumps with 200-300 ammo per person, for manticore at the end.

SOLO Beta Minimum Stats:

Composition: Same as Gamma, 1 yuty, 1-2 Deinos, rest rexs.

25,000 HP and 650%+ Melee damage stats on Rexs. If you get 30,000 HP with 600%+ Melee Damage, do it. Expect a few losses with 25k HP. Full HP on Deinos.

110+ armor saddles. You absolutely need 100+ armor saddles because while Dragon is easy, Monkey takes a while and really chunks down ur Rexs.

GROUP Beta Minimum Stats:

Same as Gamma, except with 8k+ HP and 600%+ Melee Damage. Bring Rexs just in case. Can also do Rexs/Yuty/Deinos like in SOLO.

Everyone should have 180%+ Pumps with 200-300 ammo per person, for manticore at the end.

SOLO Dragon Minimum Stats:

Can't give advice here as I haven't attempted it solo yet. Will be attempting before transfers open up. Stats will be 30,000 HP and 650%+ Melee Damage with 115+ saddles. 1-2 Deinos, 1 yuty, rest rexs.

GROUP Dragon Minimum Stats:

Composition: 1 yuty, 5+ Rhino riders, rest rexs. Can do Rexs/Yuty/Deinos as well instead of the Rhinos.

100+ armor saddles.

Everyone needs to bring 180%+ Pumps with 200-300 ammo per person, for manticore at the end.

For ALL Boss fights:

- Flak with 200+ armor on every piece.

- Up to 25 med brews for every person.

- 180%+ Pump with 200-300 ammo per person.

- Food and water.

- Gas Mask if you suck at dodging Manticore.

With the stats and equipment out of the way, here are the important tips.

General Tips:

1. As soon as you enter the boss arena, buff your army with the Yuty. Do not wait until everything starts attacking before buffing, that is just asking for losses. Yuty buffs not only raise damage done by ur army, but also increase their resistance to attacks. This is especially important because Dragon will nuke your army if you're unprepared.

2. Be prepared for Dimorphs and Pteras. Keep an eye on your health at the start because there will be a flock of Pteras and Dimorphs targetting players. The Pteras aren't a problem as your Yuty/Rex/Rhino will take care of them, but the Dimorph pack can take you out if you don't pay attention to your surroundings and get surprised by them.

3. If you're a Rhino rider and you get stuck on the boss or on a Rex or something, keep sprinting. Your rage will continue to build up because even though you're stuck, the game treats it as if you're free so you can still fill up your heart meter and deal massive damage.

Dragon Tips:

1. Wait at the teleport pad for Dragon to come to you. I usually bring my Rex army down the steps and have them wait for Dragon. DO NOT GO INTO THE ARENA OR YOU'LL AGGRO THE MONKEY TOO. If you're good, you'll still win but it's incredibly annoying.

2. Make sure to have your army FULL Yuty buffs before Dragon gets to you. This is important because you need to take Dragon out before it takes out your army. Each breath it does reduces the health of anything the fire hits, by 25%. If Dragon does its breath 4 times, your army will be dead and you will lose.

3. To avoid the problem in #2, one thing you can do is, as soon as Dragon is coming up to your army, run with your dino AROUND Dragon and have it breath fire on you while your army attacks Dragon. Your dino will soak its fire damage and it buys your entire army time before it does another breath. With the dino stats above, you should not get more than 2 breaths (50% hp loss) on your army with this tactic.

4. When it dies, and if you get stuck, just command your army to move away from the body (have them go into the battlefield so they can kill Monkey). If you're stuck on your dino, jump off and whistle it to follow. As soon as it moves, you can get on it and run through Dragon's body freely.

5. If you're going in a group, have 1 person on a Deino. It is FAR better to have a person on a Deino rather than a Rhino for Dragon because Deino bleed does an insane amount of damage to Dragon. With the Deino, as long as you keep up the bleed stacks (maximum of 4), Dragon will take 4% damage per second. If you do the math, that is more than any Rex or any Rhino dps.

Monkey Tips:

1. Keep your army fully Yuty buffed. This will give them extra resistance to it, as well as give them increased damage.

2. Deino will help slightly but not worth having a person man it for this boss, it takes reduced bleed damage.

2. Tank and spank, nothing more to it.

Manticore Tips:

1. If Manticore lands first before Dragon and comes at your army, attack it and do as much damage to it as possible because the more you damage it at the start, the less you'll have to do at the end. Dragon and Monkey take like 2-5 mins to kill, but Manticore is a pain at the end because of landing mechanics.

2. If you have someone on a Deino, have it latch onto Manticore to keep up the dps with bleed. Make sure your tribemates avoid shooting you while you're up in the air with Manticore.

Tips for Manticore Landing:

1. If you've killed Dragon and Monkey already, this is crucial. Pull your army back and have them wait in front of the steps by the teleporter. KEEP 1 DINO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BATTLEFIELD ON PASSIVE. It will serve as bait for Manticore and as long as it does not move, Manticore will target it and land to attack it. Once it lands, whistle everything to run back out into the field and kill it. Repeat this process and you'll have far more luck with Manticore landing versus having everything sit in the battlefield hoping it lands.

2. If Manticore isn't under 50% when there is 10 minutes left, it's time to bring out the Pump and work it down. DO NOT KILL MANTICORE WITH GUNS OR DEINO BLEED OR ELSE YOU WILL NOT GET ELEMENT. Bring the health down then wait for it to land to finish it off with a Dino. If it does not want to come down and you're running very low on time, just kill it with guns so you don't wipe.

3. If Manticore is stuck in the air and is not moving, shuffle your dinos around. It is glitched out with its targetting system on one of your dinos, and when you move it, it'll fix itself and go back to its regular behavior.

Manticore Landing Fix I've Discovered:

- If you do the boss fights solo, Manticore has a higher chance of landing. When I do the fights with more than 1 person, Manticore always spazzes out if we don't pull the army back. But, with just one person, it lands every 30 seconds like clockwork. Even if you run bosses with groups, think about doing it solo because the only problem with these boss fights is Manticore. Dragon and Monkey go down fast, the rest of the 15 minutes goes to just dealing with Manticore.

If you follow the tips above, you will beat Alpha with at least 3-5 people, or up to Beta solo. If you have further questions, please ask. I've done these bosses many many times on Valguero and I might've missed something.

BEAT ALPHA WITH A GROUP OR SOLO BEFORE TRANSFERS OPEN UP OF ELSE YOU'RE A SCRUB. ANYONE CAN BRING IN THE 30k+ HP 1100+MD REXS AND TAKE THESE BOSSES ON A WALK WHEN TRANSFERS OPEN.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP.

Completed Alpha difficulty today solo. Here is the composition:

17 Tek Rexs. 25k HP and 680%-750% melee between them.

- 3 saddles 120+, 3 saddles between 110-119 armor, 2 saddles between 100-109, 2 between 90-99, 1 saddle in 80s, 3 in 70s, 2 in 60s. I have a bp for 110+ saddles but did not have it at the time and did not want to wait for it.

- 1 garbage bred Deino with everything pumped into HP. 68 armor saddles.

- 1 yuty with 30k hp, 3k stam.

Notes:

- 6 rexs died. They were the ones with sub 100 armor saddles.

- Deino died, don't care because they're easy to breed and you just need it for the bleed effect.

- 0 shotgun shells used with proper Manticore technique.

Overall Impression:

- Same difficulty as beta honestly, just takes a bit longer to kill Monkey. Dragon drops fast. All the rexs lived past drag, 4 died during Monkey, and 2 with Manticore. Monkey aggrod towards the end of Dragon but did not make much of a difference.

- If you're doing this solo, i recommend utilizing the distract technique on Dragon so that your Yuty takes the first fire instead of your rex army. Aside from that, it's just brute force with the rexs.

On 9/29/2019 at 6:14 AM, EatMyDust said:

BUMP.

Completed Alpha difficulty today solo. Here is the composition:

17 Tek Rexs. 25k HP and 680%-750% melee between them.

- 3 saddles 120+, 3 saddles between 110-119 armor, 2 saddles between 100-109, 2 between 90-99, 1 saddle in 80s, 3 in 70s, 2 in 60s. I have a bp for 110+ saddles but did not have it at the time and did not want to wait for it.

- 1 garbage bred Deino with everything pumped into HP. 68 armor saddles.

- 1 yuty with 30k hp, 3k stam.

Notes:

- 6 rexs died. They were the ones with sub 100 armor saddles.

- Deino died, don't care because they're easy to breed and you just need it for the bleed effect.

- 0 shotgun shells used with proper Manticore technique.

Overall Impression:

- Same difficulty as beta honestly, just takes a bit longer to kill Monkey. Dragon drops fast. All the rexs lived past drag, 4 died during Monkey, and 2 with Manticore. Monkey aggrod towards the end of Dragon but did not make much of a difference.

- If you're doing this solo, i recommend utilizing the distract technique on Dragon so that your Yuty takes the first fire instead of your rex army. Aside from that, it's just brute force with the rexs.

Do you first kill the Manticore or Megapit? Why no Daeodon?

4 hours ago, theusername said:

Do you first kill the Manticore or Megapit? Why no Daeodon?

First thing you must kill is Dragon. Every time it does a fire breath, your dinos lose 25% health. If it gets 4 off on you, your army is dead. It is essential to kill it first, and as fast as possible. After that, you go for monkey.

Manticore last because it does not do much damage compared to Monkey. IF you kill dragon and Manticore is there on the ground attacking your dinos, go for it. But once it flies off, change target to Monkey for efficiency. If Monkey is aggrod and Manticore is on the ground, always Monkey first.

If you wait for Dragon to come near the teleport pad, you won't aggro Monkey at all. This allows you to focus Dragon first, then move onto Monkey.

As for why no Daedon? You could take one if you wanted to, but it is not essential. Honestly, 1 Daedon isn't going to heal your army very much. At most your Rexs are going to get what, like 2-3k hp at most before your pig runs out of food? Perhaps if you have a heavily mutated Daedon it could be worth healing after Dragon, but for a transfer-locked server, the healing isn't much man. The army with 25k did fine, but if i had an extra army i probably would've done 30k hp. I had this army since Beta so I just kept it for Alpha.

Once servers open up tomorrow and if you can get your hands on the OP rexs out in the market (30k hp and 1110md hatch), those will absolutely demolish the bosses. I'd still recommend you go for Dragon first because of the fire breath. I hope this helps.

Just wondering, have you not tried killing the dragon with just deinos? I go in gamma with 9 deinos and when the dragon starts walking towards the teleport pad just whistle the deinos to attack the dragon. Dragon will still be targeting the rexes or yuti and not the deinos and the deinos will be blocking the dragons path so it gets stuck and they kill the dragon without it ever hitting anything. Then I put the deinos aside and kill the rest same as you. Its a pretty legit way to kill the dragon without taking damage on the rexes IMO.

I did alpha with a group on my server and we used the same strat but had like 6 of us riding rexes so it was easier to position ourselves to be ready when the manticore landed. Im thinking doing alpha alone may require more than 9-10 rexes unless they are really strong. We were using all rexes with 650% melee or more and all had like 120+ saddles. Also since the deinos are for the most part disposable I would send the deinos to attack the manticore with the rexes until its down to 1 more land for the kill.

4 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Just wondering, have you not tried killing the dragon with just deinos? I go in gamma with 9 deinos and when the dragon starts walking towards the teleport pad just whistle the deinos to attack the dragon. Dragon will still be targeting the rexes or yuti and not the deinos and the deinos will be blocking the dragons path so it gets stuck and they kill the dragon without it ever hitting anything. Then I put the deinos aside and kill the rest same as you. Its a pretty legit way to kill the dragon without taking damage on the rexes IMO.

I did alpha with a group on my server and we used the same strat but had like 6 of us riding rexes so it was easier to position ourselves to be ready when the manticore landed. Im thinking doing alpha alone may require more than 9-10 rexes unless they are really strong. We were using all rexes with 650% melee or more and all had like 120+ saddles. Also since the deinos are for the most part disposable I would send the deinos to attack the manticore with the rexes until its down to 1 more land for the kill.

Hey. Thanks for the question. I personally wouldn't take more than 2 because you need A LOT of firepower for Monkey. I wish the Deino bleed effect did more damage to Monkey and Manticore, but they have a lot of resist to the bleed unlike Dragon. I like your approach for the dragon though. We had a person on our server 1v1 Dragon on a Deino (ALpha difficulty) months ago when we did that, it was fun to watch haha.

I wouldn't go all Deinos because while they can kill Dragon easy, they'll die to monkey. It hits pretty hard on Alpha difficulty, and their DPS is really bad. Even though you have 9 Deinos, you will only be able to put 4 stacks of bleed on the boss, which is what 1 or 2 Deinos can do instead. After the 4 stacks are done, all the Deinos will be doing is hitting for base damage + melee %. Very very low damage compared to a boss rex. I hope this helps you.

16 hours ago, EatMyDust said:

Hey. Thanks for the question. I personally wouldn't take more than 2 because you need A LOT of firepower for Monkey. I wish the Deino bleed effect did more damage to Monkey and Manticore, but they have a lot of resist to the bleed unlike Dragon. I like your approach for the dragon though. We had a person on our server 1v1 Dragon on a Deino (ALpha difficulty) months ago when we did that, it was fun to watch haha.

I wouldn't go all Deinos because while they can kill Dragon easy, they'll die to monkey. It hits pretty hard on Alpha difficulty, and their DPS is really bad. Even though you have 9 Deinos, you will only be able to put 4 stacks of bleed on the boss, which is what 1 or 2 Deinos can do instead. After the 4 stacks are done, all the Deinos will be doing is hitting for base damage + melee %. Very very low damage compared to a boss rex. I hope this helps you.

Yea I dont let the deinos fight the monkey for that reason, with the manticore they can really help get the dps on but you are right when you say you dont need that many deinos for the bleed effect, the only reason for that many was to keep the dragon stuck. I went in with like 7 one time and with 2-3 of them jumping on the sides and only having like 4 of them in front of the dragon then the dragon has a chance of getting around them and getting to my rexes so I started doing a few more.

Yet when I did an alpha run we completely duffed the whistling so the dragon got to the teleporter and so we just had to go all in with the rexes and the monkey showed up for some reason so by the time we finished the dragon and monkey we were all very very bloody. Somehow we managed to get the win though so that was good.

At this point im just trying to get an 100+ rex BP on valg but I may just have to wait for transfers cause im striking out daily with that. But thx for giving your strat for the bosses, its helpful.

On 10/2/2019 at 6:02 AM, Piffguru said:

Yea I dont let the deinos fight the monkey for that reason, with the manticore they can really help get the dps on but you are right when you say you dont need that many deinos for the bleed effect, the only reason for that many was to keep the dragon stuck. I went in with like 7 one time and with 2-3 of them jumping on the sides and only having like 4 of them in front of the dragon then the dragon has a chance of getting around them and getting to my rexes so I started doing a few more.

Yet when I did an alpha run we completely duffed the whistling so the dragon got to the teleporter and so we just had to go all in with the rexes and the monkey showed up for some reason so by the time we finished the dragon and monkey we were all very very bloody. Somehow we managed to get the win though so that was good.

At this point im just trying to get an 100+ rex BP on valg but I may just have to wait for transfers cause im striking out daily with that. But thx for giving your strat for the bosses, its helpful.

Thanks for the update. Yeah the saddles help a lot, the 6 i lost on solo alpha had under 80 armor saddles. Now that transfers are open you should be able to buy one from a discord seller easily. Get the OP 32k hp 1110 MD regular rexs as well, they absolutely demolish bosses.

13 hours ago, EatMyDust said:

Thanks for the update. Yeah the saddles help a lot, the 6 i lost on solo alpha had under 80 armor saddles. Now that transfers are open you should be able to buy one from a discord seller easily. Get the OP 32k hp 1110 MD regular rexs as well, they absolutely demolish bosses.

Im on xbox so transfers arent open yet unfortunately, And I do have decently OP rexes on another server, not hatching that high but still more than enough for these bosses. Honestly tho Im not too interested in using them. I am having fun making my own tek rex line. currently hatcing with 1100ish hp and 379melee, gonna start raising a batch of them this weekend, try to get a male and some more females, and get some mutations going.

On 10/4/2019 at 6:50 AM, Piffguru said:

Im on xbox so transfers arent open yet unfortunately, And I do have decently OP rexes on another server, not hatching that high but still more than enough for these bosses. Honestly tho Im not too interested in using them. I am having fun making my own tek rex line. currently hatcing with 1100ish hp and 379melee, gonna start raising a batch of them this weekend, try to get a male and some more females, and get some mutations going.

Nice man! It gets real addicting. I started off with 11,000 hp and 378.7 melee and ended with 13,640 hp and 402.2% when transfers came out. Got any colors yet?

17 minutes ago, EatMyDust said:

Nice man! It gets real addicting. I started off with 11,000 hp and 378.7 melee and ended with 13,640 hp and 402.2% when transfers came out. Got any colors yet?

Very nice, No color mutations yet, Just mixtures of natural colors, some light blue, some red, some purple lights and a mixture of silver, black, light blue body parts. Currently raising my new male and 1 more female with all my stats so by next weekend Ill be pumping out eggs for mutations.

I did get some mutated spinos and pteras from some servermates, spinos are blue and I got 1 more color mutation on it that looks white/light purple and the pteras are yellow/purple.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have found the best team to be a mix. 4 Theri's loaded with cakes to lead the damage on Dragon. This is enough to draw the brunt of things. 1 yuti with TWO daedons. The mated pair keep the worst fight easy. The balance is choice. All Rex's is fine. A rider on a rhino dragging Rexe's is fine. They will take the lead against Monkey as the monkey knock back against Theri's is bad. Against Rex's, the monkey blast tickle and that's about it.

The Manticore is a sh!t.

I've beat alpha on Val 6 times let alone gamma and beta so no scrub but that poop of a Manticore sometimes never lands the entire battle. Stand still, run around the edges, take a direct blast from him, whatever. Nothing reliable. I am still looking for an approach to ensuring he'll get his butt on the ground to be eaten.

I had not seen the landing stage and sacrifice trick so will try that next.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the manticore bugged or is it suppose to be like this on Val?

I have done manticore on rag plenty of times, never had any problems with it. Sure, it derps around but always land so you can send your dinos on it.

So i started Alpha fight on Val.

Brought 19 rex's and a yuti with me. Melted the dragon in seconds, monkey went straight down. But the manticore did not land a single time.

I kept shooting with a 298% shotgun (should have brought a faby) got it down to what i guess was  around 5 to 10% health then time ran out.  

I am ok with loosing the dinos and the gear, that's not it. I am just kinda pissed that the Manticore atleast to me seems to be derpet\broken.  Would be nice if the "devs" could put some effort into what is suppose to be the finale of the map. 

On 11/17/2019 at 9:27 AM, Astroglider said:

Cpt, at least 2 tribes on our server have suffered this fate within the last several weeks and wiped out the entire group by never landing. Yet I can go to my friends SE server and never an issue with him landing at all. 

On 11/11/2019 at 2:17 PM, CptChandler said:

Is the manticore bugged or is it suppose to be like this on Val?

I have done manticore on rag plenty of times, never had any problems with it. Sure, it derps around but always land so you can send your dinos on it.

So i started Alpha fight on Val.

Brought 19 rex's and a yuti with me. Melted the dragon in seconds, monkey went straight down. But the manticore did not land a single time.

I kept shooting with a 298% shotgun (should have brought a faby) got it down to what i guess was  around 5 to 10% health then time ran out.  

I am ok with loosing the dinos and the gear, that's not it. I am just kinda pissed that the Manticore atleast to me seems to be derpet\broken.  Would be nice if the "devs" could put some effort into what is suppose to be the finale of the map. 

I've noticed that if you bring in people with you to the boss fight it stalls Manticore. The more people you bring, the more glitchy it is. Even if they do nothing and sit in the back at the teleport pad, it still messes with the mechanics somehow from my experience. Going in solo feels much better for this issue.

I've also noticed that if your server ping goes up, he stalls like this as well. I run my fights during the weekdays because weekends have higher server ping and it goes a lot smoother.

My recommendation would be to run it solo/duo on weekdays for the best chance of beating it without shotguns.

I did go solo.   

With a few people with me we could have killed it with guns. I got close :) But since i have solo'd the other bosses i still want to do it alone.

I just finished collecting the last tribute items and antrifacts, brought over another rex group + yuti from the main server i play on to have another go at it. 

On 11/19/2019 at 3:32 PM, CptChandler said:

I did go solo.   

With a few people with me we could have killed it with guns. I got close :) But since i have solo'd the other bosses i still want to do it alone.

I just finished collecting the last tribute items and antrifacts, brought over another rex group + yuti from the main server i play on to have another go at it. 

Awesome, good luck. Never give up, I know losing is really depressing but it's a learning experience as well.

well as for me i solo alpha with rexes and 1 yuty.

rexes are 50k hp with 2.2k dmg.

so I guess you already know the results. 

However due to the bug of manticore, i always get 300 shotgun ammo with 250+ shotgun so that if I notice that it doesnt want to land, I will start killing it midair [yes screw the elements, i need my rexes to survive]

thanks 

On 11/25/2019 at 9:50 PM, Arabi said:

well as for me i solo alpha with rexes and 1 yuty.

rexes are 50k hp with 2.2k dmg.

so I guess you already know the results. 

However due to the bug of manticore, i always get 300 shotgun ammo with 250+ shotgun so that if I notice that it doesnt want to land, I will start killing it midair [yes screw the elements, i need my rexes to survive]

thanks 

Thank you for your contribution. Lately in the past month or 1.5 months something has changed with Manticore. The 1 Rex in the battlefield method I use still does the trick, but Manticore could get bugged out and do the "slide" animation when he's supposed to land; which just sends him back to the sky.

To all, I'd recommend bringing a 250%+ shotgun with ammo now for the fights because of the changed behavior.

• 1 month later...

Archived