Jump to content

Giorolling

question about breeding

Recommended Posts

No, level is just a result of the points in the various stats. In your simplified scenario, the baby could be a level 900; or they could also get the worse stats from each parent and be less than 450.  Also, only inherent/tame stats are inherited, not any points added from leveling the parent after tame/hatch, and not any improvements from imprinting the parent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baby Dino level is averaged between the parents levels, you'll most likely get a 450 baby, or slightly under.

Babies stats are between  the parents BASE stats, these are the stats before any leveling or Imprinting of the Dino.  You could end up with a baby that has the parents max BASE stats, or a egg that has the parents Lowest Stats.

Breeding 450's its best to breed them with a dino around 200, this drops the babies level and you have a 50/50 shot of getting a baby with the max parent BASE stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, caleb68 said:

Baby Dino level is averaged between the parents levels, you'll most likely get a 450 baby, or slightly under.

Babies stats are between  the parents BASE stats, these are the stats before any leveling or Imprinting of the Dino.  You could end up with a baby that has the parents max BASE stats, or a egg that has the parents Lowest Stats.

Breeding 450's its best to breed them with a dino around 200, this drops the babies level and you have a 50/50 shot of getting a baby with the max parent BASE stats.

That is the first I've ever heard something like this. Where did you get this information?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Uueerdo said:

That is the first I've ever heard something like this. Where did you get this information?

Wich part of it? Of course it depends what your goal is, for example if you want highest possible level or only maybe hp or dmg so you not reach lvl cap.

If you learn how higher stat affect levels its no rocket science, its common sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rogero said:

Wich part of it? Of course it depends what your goal is, for example if you want highest possible level or only maybe hp or dmg so you not reach lvl cap.

If you learn how higher stat affect levels its no rocket science, its common sense.

The first two parts sound off, but it could just be the wording; I was referring to the third part about it being best to breed level 450's with a level 200. Everything I've ever read suggests there is a flat 55% per stat for the inherited value to be the higher of the two parents. I've never read anything suggesting using a much lower level increases the chance of all inherited stats being the high ones. The only time I ever see use of "not best" considered is for avoiding the mutation cap, or specifically trying to lower points in "wasted" stats.

Edited by Uueerdo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uueerdo said:

The first two parts sound off, but it could just be the wording; I was referring to the third part about it being best to breed level 450's with a level 200. Everything I've ever read suggests there is a flat 55% per stat for the inherited value to be the higher of the two parents. I've never read anything suggesting using a much lower level increases the chance of all inherited stats being the high ones. The only time I ever see use of "not best" considered is for avoiding the mutation cap, or specifically trying to lower points in "wasted" stats.

I do it all the time, as a matter of fact i just made 18 eggs today that are 400+ breeded with a lower 200 male,  I'll bet you out of all of those eggs at least, and i mean at least 9 will hatch with the high parent stats, and again i'll have lower level babies that I can grow up and level normally.  I play on official so 450 is the level cap, no point in breeding two 450's together because you won't be able to level the baby to boost health, melee or stam.

My last group of rexs came out with 25k & 29k health from the parents, and 807.9 melee (which was their parents highest melee base).

its pretty simple really, keeping the max stats and lowering level, not any real rocket science behind it, they are keeping the mutations as well.

Edited by caleb68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caleb68 said:

I do it all the time, as a matter of fact i just made 18 eggs today that are 400+ breeded with a lower 200 male,  I'll bet you out of all of those eggs at least, and i mean at least 9 will hatch with the high parent stats, and again i'll have lower level babies that I can grow up and level normally.  I play on official so 450 is the level cap, no point in breeding two 450's together because you won't be able to level the baby to boost health, melee or stam.

My last group of rexs came out with 25k & 29k health from the parents, and 807.9 melee (which was their parents highest melee base).

its pretty simple really, keeping the max stats and lowering level, not any real rocket science behind it, they are keeping the mutations as well.

Thats just RNG in your favour. Your english is confused. He isnt questioning the fact that you can breed near capped dinos with lowers to lower the level but keep the main stats - he's talking about the claim that breeding with lower levels increases chances to pass stats, as you claim. Theres no truth to this. Same % factor whether the dino is 450 or level 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s 55% chance on each stat separately.  So if you are only trying to move hp and melee the odds in your favor is 11/20  x 11/20 which is really close to just 1/2 x 1/2 or a 25% chance to get it.  If you are trying to move all 7 stats together, and neither parent has a stat in common, then it would be (11/20)^7 if we are including run speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, d1nk said:

Thats just RNG in your favour. Your english is confused. He isnt questioning the fact that you can breed near capped dinos with lowers to lower the level but keep the main stats - he's talking about the claim that breeding with lower levels increases chances to pass stats, as you claim. Theres no truth to this. Same % factor whether the dino is 450 or level 1. 

its been pretty much a 50/50 that I end up with one parents stats or the other when breeding (unless I get a mutation), the breeding lower level with the higher level is to reduce the babies level so that one can actually level it fully, hence why breeding a 200 with a 450.

Edited by caleb68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Giorolling said:

but can i breed 2 lvl 450s together and they both have 450 points into a specific stat can i get both stats on a baby?

 

no.  Because, your lvl 450s couldn't have more than 449 in one stat since a level 1 has 0 points a level 2 has only 1 point.  So a level 450 would have 449 points.  max you could get would be a level 899.

449 + 449 + 1 = 899

* but all this is moot, there's a limit on how many points a stat can have, i believe it's 255, after that the stat will loop back to 1 and start over. 

Edited by GrumpyBear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Giorolling said:

but can i breed 2 lvl 450s together and they both have 450 points into a specific stat can i get both stats on a baby?

 

 

37 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

no.  Because, your lvl 450s couldn't have more than 449 in one stat since a level 1 has 0 points a level 2 has only 1 point.  So a level 450 would have 449 points.  max you could get would be a level 899.

449 + 449 + 1 = 899

If working with official rules, I believe the maximum dino stat per level is 255?  Any stat above 255 is clamped back down when the server or game instance is restarted.  If you take away the official dino level and stat rules with a mod or an ini edit, you can of course go above that, I think.

But Gio, it is highly unlikely that a level 450 dino has 449 points in a specific stat.  It has 6 or 7 other places it can spend or waste points, and that level 450 is, as stated before, an aggregate of all 6 or 7 stats' point-values.  Note, I didn't say impossible, I said unlikely.

Example:

Lystrosaurus 1:  Level 450

HP: 74 pts, Stam: 59 pts, Oxygen: 58 pts, Food: 70 pts, Weight: 52 pts, Melee: 66 pts, Speed: 70 pts

Lystrosaurus 2:  Level 450

HP: 51 pts, Stam: 56 pts, Oxygen: 83 pts, Food: 57 pts, Weight: 56 pts, Melee: 77 pts, Speed: 69 pts

Baby 1:  Level 459

HP: 74 pts, Stam: 56 pts, Oxygen: 83 pts, Food: 57 pts, Weight: 52 pts, Melee: 66 pts, Speed: 70 pts

Dinos have 6 or 7 stats with which to invest points.  You see these two 450 Lystrosaurus' stat-spread here, and their baby came out level 459.  Even if the math is 1 or 2 points off, I hope the point stands.  This is one thing the people in this thread are trying to explain, and I feel this example will help a bit.

But about a level 450 dino that has all its points in one stat:  In 8000 hours of ARK, including Official PvP and PvE, as well as Unofficial PvP and PvE, even a 1000x server with insta-tame and insta-breeding, I haven't personally seen a dino put zero points into 5 or 6 of its possible stats, and put all wild-levels into a single stat.  That doesn't mean it is impossible, but I think it is a really far-off chance that it would happen.  To get a level 450 with 449 points in one stat, you'd have to be taming dinos of sufficient level that they roll 400-500 as an average into a stat (that'd be dinos near level 3000, post-tame).  Then you'd have to tame some level 5s with zero points in a few of the 6 or 7 stats.  Tame enough of them, and breed them with your level 3000, only keeping babies that are born with zero points in a stat.  With enough level 5s that you have zero point stats to breed in, you could do it.

But it would be an insane amount of work.

Also, when breeding, stats don't stack.  You can't, as an example, breed Lystro 1 and Lystro 2, and see their weight stats combine (52 and 56, for a new weight stat of 108).  Breeding will take one of four weight stats:  Lystro 1's 52 pts, Lystro 2's 56 pts, mutate Lystro 1's 52 pts (to 54 points), or mutate Lystro 2's 56 pts (to 58 points).

Edited by TheDonn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...