New members have no chance to play

wupperturk

New members have no chance to play. I am new and play for 200 hours. But when I tamed a dino or make a building when I wake up everythings are destroyed. You cannot hide your managarmer or your building. An old player comes and kill your dinos and destroy your buildings. You cannot do anything. Defence of buıldings must be much stronger. I made metal buildings but İt wasn't necessary for protect. So new player have no chance for playing. 

1 hour ago, wupperturk said:

New members have no chance to play. I am new and play for 200 hours. But when I tamed a dino or make a building when I wake up everythings are destroyed. You cannot hide your managarmer or your building. An old player comes and kill your dinos and destroy your buildings. You cannot do anything. Defence of buıldings must be much stronger. I made metal buildings but İt wasn't necessary for protect. So new player have no chance for playing. 

If you are a new player, it's not fun to play solo on PvP, that's true. ARK is more brutal than most games, you should try PvE for a while until you learn more about the game. Or, if you are only interested in PvP then you need to work at making friends so you can join a group.

8 hours ago, wupperturk said:

Call it mental fitness and endurance training. Only the strongest players have the endurance and the willpower to survive on an Official PVP server, the rest quickly depart for the sanctuary of a PVE server never to return. Those chosen few who successfully withstands these torments and trials will come out stronger men .What you have experienced in these early days is merely an introduction to a nightmare world of pain and outright hostility where it is kill or be killed. The weak do not last long in this world, so you must be strong.

Over the course of several months you will develop as a novice warrior and find in yourself shades of darkness which you never thought you possessed.  You will learn to set aside your inhibitions and feelings and release your inner demons upon the world. If you are successful in your career path you will slowly evolve with the right conditioning into a feared killer, a warrior void of morals and ethics the ideal PVP player. 

Good luck novice warrior. I look forward to the honour of hunting you down on a server someday.

2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Call it mental fitness and endurance training. Only the strongest players have the endurance and the willpower to survive on an Official PVP server, the rest quickly depart for the sanctuary of a PVE server never to return. Those chosen few who successfully withstands these torments and trials will come out stronger men .What you have experienced in these early days is merely an introduction to a nightmare world of pain and outright hostility where it is kill or be killed. The weak do not last long in this world, so you must be strong.

Over the course of several months you will develop as a novice warrior and find in yourself shades of darkness which you never thought you possessed.  You will learn to set aside your inhibitions and feelings and release your inner demons upon the world. If you are successful in your career path you will slowly evolve with the right conditioning into a feared killer, a warrior void of morals and ethics the ideal PVP player. 

Good luck novice warrior. I look forward to the honour of hunting you down on a server someday.

Inb4 making meshing thread and "wc is &*$#" thread on reddit. Thats the only.place this advice leads you, proven by years of forum crawling

Totally agree. PVP is not for solo. You should have a set of friends or an established tribe to join. Otherwise, you will get your butt handed to you. PVE is the way to go if you just want to build and raise dinos. Both are fun with their ups and downs. If you are solo playing, go PVE and you will not be frustrated.

What I would like is a few PVP servers that get reset every 1st of the month or so. Everyone gets reset back to nothing and you have to rebuild. That would be interesting and fun. Some other games already do that. I'm not saying do this to EVERY PVP server, just a set of new servers that this happens on.

3 minutes ago, Mavrick88 said:

Totally agree. PVP is not for solo. You should have a set of friends or an established tribe to join. Otherwise, you will get your butt handed to you. PVE is the way to go if you just want to build and raise dinos. Both are fun with their ups and downs. If you are solo playing, go PVE and you will not be frustrated.

What I would like is a few PVP servers that get reset every 1st of the month or so. Everyone gets reset back to nothing and you have to rebuild. That would be interesting and fun. Some other games already do that. I'm not saying do this to EVERY PVP server, just a set of new servers that this happens on.

There is already a game mode for that in Ark.

4 hours ago, Mavrick88 said:

The Arkpocalypse servers wipe monthly. Sounds like what you're looking for. Believe it is 3x rates.

On 9/16/2019 at 2:18 PM, wupperturk said:

You shouldn't store the resources in the one place. Try to create several small mini-bases and store them there. You also can hide some resources inside the raided bases.

Even 20-50 turrets will not protect your base..

Also you can tame a Purlovia and store your important stuff there.

5 minutes ago, DrSmith said:

You shouldn't store the resources in the one place. Try to create several small mini-bases and store them there. You also can hide some resources inside the raided bases.

Even 20-50 turrets will not protect your base..

Also you can tame a Purlovia and store your important stuff there.

Some very good points for our novice warrior. 

14 hours ago, d1nk said:

Inb4 making meshing thread and "wc is &*$#" thread on reddit. Thats the only.place this advice leads you, proven by years of forum crawling

New folks deserve to know what they are getting into, I think its only fair. As I explained to him, this game rewards those players who are mentally strong and able to endure. It's not a game for the weak minded or those who melt under pressure. It's not easy to start out on an Official PVP server for the first time, its a bit like walking around a volcano, everything is steaming hot and ready to explode.

I allways wonder why people call offline raiding/destroying PvP...

Thats Pvpassive Dino or Pvstone structure. You also can place your C4 at any rock in the world and blast it to the sky thats the same fun like offline destroying...

If you offline raid a base with hundreds of turrets and Velos thats something other, but destroying a little stone base offline?

32 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

New folks deserve to know what they are getting into, I think its only fair. As I explained to him, this game rewards those players who are mentally strong and able to endure. It's not a game for the weak minded or those who melt under pressure. It's not easy to start out on an Official PVP server for the first time, its a bit like walking around a volcano, everything is steaming hot and ready to explode.

i think its more of a point of case of what everyone else is saying, pvp is not for solo players. with the current state of the pvp servers and the long established mega tribes, finding that perfect little hiding hole for your mini bases is pretty much impossible on the servers now, and most of the wipes, they aren't while your online, its while your offline, so I can totally understand the persons frustration, trying myself to get back into pvp as a solo player and having consistant wipes over and over again while  offline, never seeing a single player attempt to attack while I was on.   If i had to compare ark pvp to any other game far as how the majority of players are, it would be Rust.  I hadn't been wiped as many times as I had in ark pvp while offline not even in that game, and that games player base is really greats for offline raids.

So no, Its not always the weak minded, or those who melt in pressure,  I would of been more out for it if they players actually had the balls to attack while i was online, no, it was purely the knowledge of knowing, those many hours spent taming dino's and any breeding you had done would be wiped by the next time you logged in, be it a day or a hour.  Its more of a level of "how many times do i want to play from scratch".

If more pvp players were brave enough to attack people while they were online, perhaps it would be fun, and a reward for the player being if they get wiped or not, but thats just not the case when it comes to pvp, don't believe me? look at youtube, the majority of 'videos' for pvp are offline raids.

Can't speak for the megatribe servers, but I'm having an absolute blast soloing on Small Tribes. The advice that turned it around for me was an old post where someone suggested spending time living without a base. It gets you out of the habit of stockpiling, forces you to concentrate on what you actually need to survive, and keeps you mobile.

It's a pvp game where you start out massively outgunned, for sure, but it's not impossible to develop methods and tactics to counter that. If it's good enough for the Viet Cong, it's good enough for me, as my old granny used to say.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:46 AM, Mavrick88 said:

Yes this already exists, it is called arkpocalypse, it is really popular at the beginning of a wipe servers are usually pretty full and they run for about 30 days. It is my favorite game mode and just so happens that the new wipe starts this friday so it's the perfect time to check them out. The entire arkpocalypse cluster wipes at the same time and people can only transfer between other arkpocalypse servers. i.e you cant bring your dinos which you have been farming for 2 years, you must tame everything during the wipe that you want to use.

Archived