Is Ark able to run on Intel HD Graphics 2500?

TastyKapro2003

3 hours ago, TastyKapro2003 said:

I was thinking about getting a new desktop for gaming, and wanted to know if Ark is able to run on a Intel HD Graphics 2500 graphics card?

Why would you buy a new desktop and not buy a gfx card? Even a cheap one is better then nothing...

• Volunteer Moderator
13 hours ago, TastyKapro2003 said:

I was thinking about getting a new desktop for gaming, and wanted to know if Ark is able to run on a Intel HD Graphics 2500 graphics card?

This was recorded on 4400 based on the description:

Which is way better than 2500 and look at the terrible graphics... I think even Switch looks better. ?

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

This was recorded on 4400 based on the description:

Which is way better than 2500 and look at the terrible graphics... I think even Switch looks better. ?

Well clearly you have never played PVP because my buddy ones graphics about identical to that. DX 10, low shaders  and all that. Not because he has to but because with those graphics its far easier to spot people. Rocks and bushes don't render, and trees appear as dead stalks void of foliage. If we spot someone when we are raiding,  probably 70% of the time its him that's found them.

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Well clearly you have never played PVP

Of course not. I'm a forum mod and forum mods only plays boosted pve. Everyone knows that.

20 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Not because he has to but because with those graphics its far easier to spot people. Rocks and bushes don't render, and trees appear as dead stalks void of foliage. If we spot someone when we are raiding,  probably 70% of the time its him that's found them.

I'm well aware that you can remove components from rendering. Though, that is clearly not the point of this thread. Without mentioning such modifications are against the CoC and can get you globally banned.

I occasionally play on my laptop that I bought last year when I was doing some travelling (gotta keep my pve home and dino family alive) - when I was shopping I knew I had to get discreet gfx, so picked up one with an internal nvidia mx150. I run it at reduced resolution and near-lowest quality settings for all graphics, and although it looks mostly terrible (compared to my desktop anyways), it does run quite smoothly, rarely dropping below 30fps. It's definitely worth investing at least a couple hundred $'s to get something that makes the game look half-decent and running smoothly (bar server lag spikes of course). Good luck! 

6 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Of course not. I'm a forum mod and forum mods only plays boosted pve. Everyone knows that.

I'm well aware that you can remove components from rendering. Though, that is clearly not the point of this thread. Without mentioning such modifications are against the CoC and can get you globally banned.

He's not modding the game, hes simply setting the graphics to a lower setting via the options the game provides. It's definitely legal.

HD4000 integrated graphics will run on "low" mode.  I did this on a laptop PC for a few months when I started playing.  The trick is that you must have at least 4MB dedicated graphics RAM.  My Mac laptop although it has newer integrated Intel graphics (maybe HD6000?), only has 2MB dedicated to graphics and thus ARK will not run on it.

As noted previously, there are some advantages to running in the lowest graphics mode, but you really miss out on the "awe factor" of the landscapes.

ah. gtx 670, an old nvidia graphics card. you can look on ebay, half the time any scammer will be selling you a 670 and saying it's a 1060. if you look on sites like newegg, they will only sell up to date cards, and a good cheap but relatively powerful option is the AMD rx 580. all of this is irrelevant if you have a laptop tho. what are you using?

2 hours ago, TastyKapro2003 said:

You said 670. Where should I order something like that?

Do you know if your PC case is ready for this? You need to check this before ordering any ole graphics card. You might need a low profile one. You may need a smaller sized one based on the room in your case. Don't make a mistake and get the wrong thing!!

Archived