Breeding boss rex with low lvl tamed rex

ello788

I was given a female boss ready rex and i was wondering if it is possible to breed it with a low lvl rex and get the base stats on the baby from the boss rex i did try breeding them i got the high stats on everything except the health am i just really unlucky not getting the high health stat or is it impossible?

It is possible, i do this alot to downbreed levels,  you usually have to do it a few times to get a baby with the max parent base stats and lower level but it does work, its usually a 50/50 shot for me doing this.  keep in mind it will only be able to get the parents max base stat, not what you've leveled it to.

1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

guess i've been extremely lucky then, cause its always been all or none of the max stats.

Well if each stat has a 55% chance it's still a 55% overall chance you get the stats so it still favors the breeder. 

You kill a lot more babies when you're looking for 4 stats to be inherited as opposed to 2. 

6 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Well if each stat has a 55% chance it's still a 55% overall chance you get the stats so it still favors the breeder. 

You kill a lot more babies when you're looking for 4 stats to be inherited as opposed to 2. 

If each stat is 55 I wouldnt say its 55 for all stats to pass to baby

For example, if you want a special number with a dice its 1/6 chance and if you want that number 3 times in a row its not 1/6.

On 9/15/2019 at 10:53 AM, ello788 said:

I was given a female boss ready rex and i was wondering if it is possible to breed it with a low lvl rex and get the base stats on the baby from the boss rex i did try breeding them i got the high stats on everything except the health am i just really unlucky not getting the high health stat or is it impossible?

If you get all but one high stat in a single breeding attempt that is extremely lucky. It's a 55% chance of the better value for each stat. So, for example, the chance of getting Melee and Stamina both high (ignoring the rest) is .55 * .55 = slightly better than  1 in 4.

If that baby is a male, mate it with it's mother for a good chance to get one with all high stats; if it was female, you might as well breed your low level male with both to increase the number of candidate hatch attempts. Once you have a male with at least one of the better stats, swap that out so that stat is guaranteed in the next batch. Repeat until you have perfect male/female pair to have guarantee breeding results.

Archived