caging and Jailing

Abstractartist07

caging and Jailing

I play on pvp official and there are a few server trolls on here that have been causing trouble for everyone. One day I got one of them and caged them and I was told you would get banned from ark if you did that. My question is; can you cage and jail them? If you can how long can you do it for without risk of getting banned? 

However long you'd like, as long as you dont use any glitches/exploits (ex: the float jail)

But if you just have them handcuffed their yours as long as you keep them alive. Remember to put ACs to keep them cool and feed them every once and a while, they wont need water often if theres an open roof due to rain, but a friend could more easily kill/free them. I was caged not too long ago but they ended up neglecting their new pet so I died of heat stroke in a metal box.

I finally got free of my first cage when the legacy server was destroyed.  The alpha tribe would catch anyone they could find and jail them.  Guards would tranq the prisoners and force feed them.  Left for a month l.  When I came back I was still caged.  They laughed at me and I left that server for good.

4 hours ago, Abstractartist07 said:

caging and Jailing

I play on pvp official and there are a few server trolls on here that have been causing trouble for everyone. One day I got one of them and caged them and I was told you would get banned from ark if you did that. My question is; can you cage and jail them? If you can how long can you do it for without risk of getting banned? 

They were lying to you in order to get set free.

On PvP servers you're allowed to keep people as prisoners permanently, no restrictions.

5 hours ago, Abstractartist07 said:

caging and Jailing

LOL outplayed and outsmarted. This reminds me of the time when as raiding on my Chinese alt and got captured. I bit of google translate and some broken English convinced them that I was part of a much larger Chinese mega tribe. They not only released me but gave me back all my gear. Very kind of them.

2 hours ago, Thyme said:

However long you'd like, as long as you dont use any glitches/exploits (ex: the float jail)

There are no rules regarding holding someone captive on official PvP servers. and devs also stated long ago that players were considered a resource (for blood bags).

I wouldn't hold my breath regarding floating jails as I did it very often and never even got a warning for that.
Besides, with the current hitbox/building mechanics, it's almost impossible to fix it, so yeah...

24 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

There are no rules regarding holding someone captive on official PvP servers. and devs also stated long ago that players were considered a resource (for blood bags).

I wouldn't hold my breath regarding floating jails as I did it very often and never even got a warning for that.
Besides, with the current hitbox/building mechanics, it's almost impossible to fix it, so yeah...

Oh nice, looks like I have plans for the evening

12 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Have fun mate!

I will! Wonder if you have any tips for feeding prisoners though, I just ran some tests on singleplayer, with a good jail they'll never be thirsty and loose about 15 hunger per ark day (about 5 1/2 hours before starvation), cant eat poop, and never be hot/cold. So my only issue is food.

35 minutes ago, Thyme said:

I will! Wonder if you have any tips for feeding prisoners though, I just ran some tests on singleplayer, with a good jail they'll never be thirsty and loose about 15 hunger per ark day (about 5 1/2 hours before starvation), cant eat poop, and never be hot/cold. So my only issue is food.

you can keep their health up with a snow owl. they could be starving for days and never die just from you healing their health with the snow owl, but that would take dedication.

Archived