Ark on PC!

KingDuck929

7 hours ago, KingDuck929 said:

Ark on PC!

I have recently upgraded to PC and I need ark does anyone have good tutorial on how to install it on PC and how to get mods on it?!

If you join an unofficial server with mods it will automatically subscribe and install those mods. Only problem you will find is that it doesnt tell you which mods are on a server so you have to just look at which have been installed. Can be a massive pain when finding a server you like. 

Which is why i pay to host my own server that only i play on, but this is pretty technical stuff to set up. 

If you dont mind single player, its pretty easy to install mods and play but as someone said make sure they have finished installing or updating everytime you log in or your save game will be broken. 

Oh also, if you join a server with mods and you don't have the mods installed - it will down load them and install them but theres a hitch.  

It will download them in the background as you are trying to join the server.  The time it takes to try and join until a timeout is the only time it will download those files and then it will time out because you can't load the server.  So the process will stop and your connection will error out, if you do this over and over again, you will eventually get in.  But, some mods are really really big... so it would be better to try and download all the mods it uses first.

Archived