Console Inventory Management

HUNTTAME

Suggestion

console inventory management

Console needs some way to manage inventory transfers more easily, for example when making gunpowder it is difficult to fill up a chem bench. To get exactly the correct amount of spark powder to charcoal it takes either a great deal of time holding the "a" button like 30 times or using some sort of storage box, transfer all system. Console needs a way that it can either drag and select items to transfer, or transfer a specific number of items(or stacks of items).

11 replies to this server topic

Inventory management

Haven't seen this suggestion and it drives me nuts in game.

Make it so that we have the ability to transfer X number of items from inv to inv. We have transfer all, search transfer all, transfer 1 and transfer 1 stack.

Having to transfer 66 stacks of flint one stack at a time gets tedious. The ability to say transfer 6600 flint would make transferring items much easier when making sparkpowder for instance cause I don't just go gather 6600 flint at a time, I blackbox argies.

The same idea can be useful for taming or crafting other things

5 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

In the inventory search box: flint

Transfer all

Done

Not done. If you transfer all in a blackbox Argy(or anything for that matter with more than you want) it will automatically transfer double your weight capacity as a limit. Say I have 50k flint in my vault. I can carry 560 lbs empty. That's gonna make me take 1120 lbs worth of flint and encumber me.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, NukeGoose said:

Not done. If you transfer all in a blackbox Argy(or anything for that matter with more than you want) it will automatically transfer double your weight capacity as a limit. Say I have 50k flint in my vault. I can carry 560 lbs empty. That's gonna make me take 1120 lbs worth of flint and encumber me.

Stand next to argy and storage.

Transfer all

Turn to argy/storage

Transfer all

Done

Well I can see where you are all coming from. As it is there seem to be two main transferring options.

• Type searching and transfering is an option, and one I use often. 
  • Individually selecting and transferring each stack so that you do not overfill the crafting station with one ingredient is another, and one I use nearly as often as the other. 

Both are methods that currently work. So I honestly do not think that anything is broken. The process is entirely possible with what we currently have in game. 

That said, as this is the suggestion forum, I also have to say that I do not mind the idea of having a transfer option that allows you to enter the amount you want to have transferred into a transfer box, in order to have a specific amount transfered. It could work as an option between the other two. A way to transfer large amounts of items with overfilling containers and having to move things individually one way or the other to make room for other items. 

So for that reason I will upvote the suggestion. 

Archived