UI Scaling + Toggle (hud, text, dino info, structure info, message popups, etc.)

BERSERK3R

Suggestion

UI Scaling + Toggle (hud, text, dino info, structure info, message popups, etc.)

Hud Scaling + Toggle.

Seperate Hud scaling for:

• Structure info

When walking through your base, you see a constant text pop up, showing lost of information, that's completely USELESS, but more on a NEED TO KNOW basis.
But still it keeps popping up, as if it was important.

It distracts from the immersion, and beauty of this game.

I do NOT need to know, a wall is a wall, a foundation is a foundation. and who owns it, its my base....

A solution would be to introduce a TOGGLE (like H for additional information).
Just press that key to see info about that structure, when needed.

• Status text (level up)

Thank god you can scale the hud to very small, HOWEVER, that also causes the INVENTORY menu to also scale along, making that hard to read.
When the hud is scaled to its miniumum its still very well readable, and does not SHOUT LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME, but shows the text more sublte.

There is no reason to show text you have a level up available ALLL THEE TIME, because its not suble, it shouts at you, and there are many other ways to know you have a level up available.

Make it fade out in 10 seconds.
Make it toggleable (in settings)
Even WITHOUT the message, you hear 1) level up sound, 2) icon flashes white, 3) it shows in the INVENTORY, 4) it shows on the INFO WINDOW.

•  Creature Info (window that pops up over the creature)

The creatures in this game look AMAZING! but most of the time when i want to appreciate the beauty of the game, its visuals, and feel immersed and want to look at it's face, a WINDOW POPS UP RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT BLOCKING THE WHOLE CREATURE (like this text, its shouts too much).

As you can see in the example below.

Obvously with a Rex its not a big problem, but OTTERS completely dissapear.
When you are far from an otter, you can hardly see it, when you come close however, its completely blocked, this is really really such a shame :(

_suggestion_hud1.jpg

2 replies to this server topic

I like all of these. Anything to reduce lag, which all these unnecessary displays contribute to. 

I like to see my hotbar, hp, etc. so I don't want to turn off my whole HUD so even if it's a toggle option that cycles through different HUD displays. 

Full is how it is now

No dinos

No structures

No dinos and structures

Nothing

Something along those lines would be great.

7 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I like all of these. Anything to reduce lag, which all these unnecessary displays contribute to. 

I like to see my hotbar, hp, etc. so I don't want to turn off my whole HUD so even if it's a toggle option that cycles through different HUD displays. 

Full is how it is now

No dinos

No structures

No dinos and structures

Nothing

Something along those lines would be great.

Exaclty, the dino names can cause fps drop of 20 fps, if not more.

There are currenlty 2 name tag settings, default (far), and close.
There could be an additional 3rd toggle, "off".

so "toggle nametags" should toggle through these settings, easy enough. 1: default, 2: close, 3: off

Archived