Valguero Transfer Concerns

Rio4201

Valguero Transfer Concerns

So just a few questions to lower the anxiety levels that seem to be creeping into my already overly paranoid head. 

It's my understanding that there are some creature incompatibilities (Ice Wyverns, Rock Elementals, etc) that differ from other official maps, which could cause some issues with the transfers and I think I can speak for most people when I say, losing cryo'ed dinos, while transferring into Valguero would be extremely upsetting.

* What's  being done to ensure a smooth transfer of dinos to Val?

* What are your suggestions for ensuring a smooth transition?

* Are you really going to require us to screenshot every single dino or piece of gear we bring over?

* Will there be or has there been thorough testing to ensure transfers are going to be smooth?

I only really mention this because if the creature tags aren't standardized on most assets in games and you try to bring in a non-supported asset to another server, generally it wreaks mayhem. I've written in the past conversion scripts that change non-standard tags to standard tags without upsetting the other factors like color/stat/level, so I assume that's probably the approach you're going to take. In any case, I just wanted to voice my concerns, I know I have a few element gachas sitting in the wings that are desperately needed for our tribe, and I don't want them vanishing without a trace upon transferring them into the Valguero map/server. 

Archived