Direct Element Transfer PVE (or from Extinction only)

monomania

Suggestion

Direct Element Transfer PVE (or from Extinction only)

Please allow us to transfer Element from PVE server to PVE server or at very minimum from Extinction servers to the other servers, the chore of having to do bosses on normal servers or convert to dust and back is really getting tedious.

I can see the need for this in PVP but little or none in PVE where we often end up primarily using our endgame unlocks on Extinction instead of having the ability to run fullscale on regular servers.

And maybe add some new incentives for bosses as well.

23 replies to this server topic

37 minutes ago, Aberrantsurvivor88 said:

Enable Element Transfers on PvE

With the ease of obtaining element due to Extinction, it is no longer an endgame resource. As such, transfers of whole element should be enabled on PvE as it would not adversely affect game balance.

This would destroy the element dust market and make all existing element dust outside of extinction worth 5x less than what it currently is...

sounds incredibly unbalanced to me but thats just my POV

20 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I've seen advertisements for unofficials that state transferable element. I haven't played them myself but there might be an ini out there.

I know it is possible with mods for Unofficial PC servers, but thus far I have not found a code that will allow us to do so for unofficial PC-Xbox crossplay servers. I have been expert coding on my cluster since its opening, and if there is a code to allow the transfer of element or shards, I haven't found it. 

That is not to say it isn't out there, but nothing I have read nor found leads me to believe there is one out there yet. 

1 minute ago, Notorious2652 said:

This would destroy the element dust market and make all existing element dust outside of extinction worth 5x less than what it currently is...

sounds incredibly unbalanced to me but thats just my POV

This game isn't a store simulator and while it's cool if you want to trade off dino's, it shouldn't influence the game rules.

This suggestion makes it even easier to trade for element, anyway, so there's no real loss of value. People just need to convert the dust instead.

You described the problem right there.

What is the motivation to do bosses more than once (if at all) on the other maps if you can take a Giga and solo a couple 50k veins on Extinction?

It hurts end game. It hurts a big portion of PvE breeding which in turn hurts longevity of the game which means some people might not be around for the next DLC which hurts their bottom line.

For convenience, sure it makes sense but I understand and support the reason they don't allow it so players can get the full experience.

4 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I hardly do bosses anymore anyways after 100+ times its dull and tedious especially the farming, instead all the Tek usage is isolated to Extinction servers where element is readily available. I suggest that adding tech structures that require fueling should also make the Fuel equally available across different maps. But since Extinction has that as main draw, making it the only server open to element out transfer would retain that special status and make life a lot easier for everyone.

Even with a cap on how much per week or per month it would make sense to me at least, as it is now its not worth using tek equipment on normal PVE servers other than the tek generator running tek troughs.

38 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

This game isn't a store simulator and while it's cool if you want to trade off dino's, it shouldn't influence the game rules.

This suggestion makes it even easier to trade for element, anyway, so there's no real loss of value. People just need to convert the dust instead.

Oh so what your saying is trading isnt part of the game? In PVE trading is like 90% of the content. There is literally a forum devoted to trading dinos for every platform.

Element converts into dust at a 5:1 ratio so yes there would be loss.

You can convert element to dust on extinction and transfer it, you can craft things on extinction and trade them over, you can live on extinction.

Just because you are to lazy to craft the element into dust and transfer it over does not mean that they need to change a core part of the game.

You can do 1 50k vein and make 500 element  in 30 minutes then craft that into dust and xfer over 100 element worth

The game doesnt need to be any more EZmode than it has already become just because you are lazy.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:37 PM, Notorious2652 said:

you want this to be implemented so you can spend less time actually playing the game... genius solution

As if the games content is limited to farming dust... if it was I don't think many would still be playing the game. Besides doing some veins and not having to drag along the heavy dust, just another bonus. Either way it would fairly quickly level off on the effort vs reward scale anyways which is what matters.

Additionally reducing the value of Element brings another bonus, it allows it to be used more extensively for Building on servers outside extinction. Unlocking the end tier of building properly.

On 9/13/2019 at 10:08 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

What is the motivation to do bosses more than once (if at all) on the other maps if you can take a Giga and solo a couple 50k veins on Extinction?

It hurts end game. It hurts a big portion of PvE breeding which in turn hurts longevity of the game which means some people might not be around for the next DLC which hurts their bottom line.

For convenience, sure it makes sense but I understand and support the reason they don't allow it so players can get the full experience.

deleted reply

100% agree. Its pointless to even use tek items outside of extinction, if you want to clone something, rise babies with tek troughs,  ect. its much easier to make a base on extinction and do it there, or even lose 80% of your element by making it into dust vs grinding bosses. Bosses aren't as fun after you've done them so many times, I enjoy doing element veins so much more. Doing them for the first time to get engrams and ascention levels is the fun part.

Personally, as an Xbox player who hosts a PVE unofficial cluster, I would love this addition. If even as just a check box option when setting up a server. 

I have had many players ask if I could set it so. And have to tell them no. So in exchange, the bosses now drop dust they can take to another map to craft. It is a work around we can continuing to use- but it would be nice if we didn't have too. 

*plus it doesn't help with element from veins since I cannot adjust those. 

1. On 12/4/2019 at 8:05 PM, Notorious2652 said:

Oh so what your saying is trading isnt part of the game? In PVE trading is like 90% of the content. There is literally a forum devoted to trading dinos for every platform.

You can convert element to dust on extinction and transfer it, you can craft things on extinction and trade them over, you can live on extinction.

Just because you are to lazy to craft the element into dust and transfer it over does not mean that they need to change a core part of the game.

You can do 1 50k vein and make 500 element  in 30 minutes then craft that into dust and xfer over 100 element worth

The game doesnt need to be any more EZmode than it has already become just because you are lazy.

It would just add some inflation so what if its suddenly 5x more expensive, element has hardly any weight compared to Dust. The eazy mode in this game mostly stem from the Dinos now being seriously OP compared to their initial stats, element is not where the real need for difficulty lies.

On 12/11/2019 at 1:34 AM, monomania said:
  1. It would just add some inflation so what if its suddenly 5x more expensive, element has hardly any weight compared to Dust. The eazy mode in this game mostly stem from the Dinos now being seriously OP compared to their initial stats, element is not where the real need for difficulty lies.

No you mis-read my post, it will not become 5x more expensive all dust currently off extinction will become worth 5x less because you would no longer need to convert element to dust, the dust would become near worthless compared to element no one would trade it because they can trade element instead.

the only arguement i keep hearing is "no more wasting time".. do you mean playing the game? 

you want this to be implemented so you can spend less time actually playing the game... genius solution

19 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Exactly this. It is artificially created by players. It is allowed, but not necessary to play this game even on officials.

Therefore it should have no influence on how the rules are shaped.

You're being lazy to be honest. I was talking about the 1000 dust=1 element conversion you do in your inventory.

Converting raw element is just foolish. Hit lamp posts and keep your dust from veins. Use raw element to make tek to trade. 

Also I actively advocate against easy mode changes but if you think there is some difficulty to converting element to dust, I don't know what to tell you. 

Bottom line, dust can be converted in your inventory for 0 loss of value. Raw Element transfer will actually boost the economy as people can get proper value for their time without needing to account for element to dust loss, buyers don't need to waste time converting element into dust at a hefty cost and sellers don't waste time converting it back to element. 

It streamlines the economy by favoring opportunity cost.

Spend 30 minutes on a vein make 500 element - then convert that to 100k dust

OR

50 hours carrying a doed around to the lampposts for 100k dust. 

which sounds more foolish?

and again ALL dust that currently exists would lose its value by 5x if this were to be enabled because of the 5:1 element-dust ratio. it takes longerr to get dust than it does to get raw element therefore it is worth more, if you dont see that then i dont know what to tell you.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I have to disagree with this. If you wanted to play single player or on a small 1 tribe of friends unofficial, economy dosen't matter.

But where there are lots of people there will be some form of economy. Its naturally developed by the players, not artificially created by the devs.

I would go as far as saying element has become too easy,  to ubiquitous. 

1 hour ago, monomania said:

deleted reply

Yea. I did a bit of a 180 in 3 months. I just realized people are trading for dust anyway so might as well get full value rather than, as the guy above pointed out, wasting time and resources converting element to dust only for it to be converted back into element. 

For PvE, what does it matter how it gets across servers? I don't think it will hurt the PvE portion of the game so I'm on board with whatever decision at this point.

My tribe was just talking about this last night while we were busy breaking down the element we had gotten from some veins so we could transfer it.  They really do just need to allow for element to be transferred across PVE servers.  I can understand why in PVP it would be a problem but PVE is not the same game play style as PVP.  

1 hour ago, SapphireSam7 said:

Personally, as an Xbox player who hosts a PVE unofficial cluster, I would love this addition. If even as just a check box option when setting up a server. 

I have had many players ask if I could set it so. And have to tell them no. So in exchange, the bosses now drop dust they can take to another map to craft. It is a work around we can continuing to use- but it would be nice if we didn't have too. 

*plus it doesn't help with element from veins since I cannot adjust those. 

I've seen advertisements for unofficials that state transferable element. I haven't played them myself but there might be an ini out there.

3 hours ago, Notorious2652 said:

3 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

But where there are lots of people there will be some form of economy. Its naturally developed by the players, not artificially created by the devs.

Exactly this. It is artificially created by players. It is allowed, but not necessary to play this game even on officials.

Therefore it should have no influence on how the rules are shaped.

3 hours ago, Notorious2652 said:

You're being lazy to be honest. I was talking about the 1000 dust=1 element conversion you do in your inventory.

Converting raw element is just foolish. Hit lamp posts and keep your dust from veins. Use raw element to make tek to trade. 

Also I actively advocate against easy mode changes but if you think there is some difficulty to converting element to dust, I don't know what to tell you. 

Bottom line, dust can be converted in your inventory for 0 loss of value. Raw Element transfer will actually boost the economy as people can get proper value for their time without needing to account for element to dust loss, buyers don't need to waste time converting element into dust at a hefty cost and sellers don't waste time converting it back to element. 

It streamlines the economy by favoring opportunity cost.

Allow the transfer of Element

As a small tribe getting wiped constantly is not a case of "if" but "when", working full time and trying to get enough hours in to farm ARB and actually collect the dinos you need to progress is difficult. 

Additionally it is frustrating when you actually have Tek engrams unlocked and can't even use them*.

*In my case, Especially anything that requires a generator because apparently killing Alpha dragon is great until you need to actually power stuff, but that's for another topic -.-'

This is just a thing which we have come to accept but it makes it difficult to progress to the point of element farming from bosses so element veins are a viable alternative.

the problem with this is, when we do go to extinction to farm element from veins, we then have to convert to dust which means we only actually bring back 1/5th of the vein and anyone who has been on Extinction will know how toxic it is, between the players and the server lagg it is dangerous to be there any longer than required.

If not going to allow the transfer of element, perhaps adjust the conversion to dust from 20% -> 50% 

Ark.JPG

Archived