monomania

Direct Element Transfer PVE (or from Extinction only)

Suggestion

Direct Element Transfer PVE (or from Extinction only)

Please allow us to transfer Element from PVE server to PVE server or at very minimum from Extinction servers to the other servers, the chore of having to do bosses on normal servers or convert to dust and back is really getting tedious.

I can see the need for this in PVP but little or none in PVE where we often end up primarily using our endgame unlocks on Extinction instead of having the ability to run fullscale on regular servers.

And maybe add some new incentives for bosses as well.

7 replies to this server topic

You described the problem right there.

What is the motivation to do bosses more than once (if at all) on the other maps if you can take a Giga and solo a couple 50k veins on Extinction?

It hurts end game. It hurts a big portion of PvE breeding which in turn hurts longevity of the game which means some people might not be around for the next DLC which hurts their bottom line.

For convenience, sure it makes sense but I understand and support the reason they don't allow it so players can get the full experience.

• Thanks 1

I haven’t ran a boss on island since extinction came out. We just transfer dust. Yes the loss is 1/5 of the element, but when your tribe is sitting on 35-40k element, what’s its true value?  I just wish it was more convenient to craft to dust and back to element. 

Edited by flamron
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You described the problem right there.

I hardly do bosses anymore anyways after 100+ times its dull and tedious especially the farming, instead all the Tek usage is isolated to Extinction servers where element is readily available. I suggest that adding tech structures that require fueling should also make the Fuel equally available across different maps. But since Extinction has that as main draw, making it the only server open to element out transfer would retain that special status and make life a lot easier for everyone.

Even with a cap on how much per week or per month it would make sense to me at least, as it is now its not worth using tek equipment on normal PVE servers other than the tek generator running tek troughs.

Edited by monomania

Personally, as an Xbox player who hosts a PVE unofficial cluster, I would love this addition. If even as just a check box option when setting up a server. 

I have had many players ask if I could set it so. And have to tell them no. So in exchange, the bosses now drop dust they can take to another map to craft. It is a work around we can continuing to use- but it would be nice if we didn't have too. 

*plus it doesn't help with element from veins since I cannot adjust those. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SapphireSam7 said:

Personally, as an Xbox player who hosts a PVE unofficial cluster, I would love this addition. If even as just a check box option when setting up a server. 

I have had many players ask if I could set it so. And have to tell them no. So in exchange, the bosses now drop dust they can take to another map to craft. It is a work around we can continuing to use- but it would be nice if we didn't have too. 

*plus it doesn't help with element from veins since I cannot adjust those. 

I've seen advertisements for unofficials that state transferable element. I haven't played them myself but there might be an ini out there.

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Thanks 1

100% agree. Its pointless to even use tek items outside of extinction, if you want to clone something, rise babies with tek troughs,  ect. its much easier to make a base on extinction and do it there, or even lose 80% of your element by making it into dust vs grinding bosses. Bosses aren't as fun after you've done them so many times, I enjoy doing element veins so much more. Doing them for the first time to get engrams and ascention levels is the fun part.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I've seen advertisements for unofficials that state transferable element. I haven't played them myself but there might be an ini out there.

I know it is possible with mods for Unofficial PC servers, but thus far I have not found a code that will allow us to do so for unofficial PC-Xbox crossplay servers. I have been expert coding on my cluster since its opening, and if there is a code to allow the transfer of element or shards, I haven't found it. 

That is not to say it isn't out there, but nothing I have read nor found leads me to believe there is one out there yet.