Looking for the best Dedicated Servers to rent

TOFUDIDO

if your not using a dedicated game server service you should validate with the company that you'll be able to host a game server from the dedicated server you are wanting to purchase, many won't allow for game servers to be ran off their systems as they are meant more for business hosting applications rather then game servers.

9 servers you say? Okay, heres some info from experience:
Renting:
-If you rent cheaper dedi servers you will get what you pay for, as in some wont allow you to change some things, some will only allow access to server through their custom UI, some will just be plain awful all around. 
-If you get more expensive one you usually get what you pay for...but if youre looking at putting up 9 maps...2 servers wont cut it unless it's like 2 of the most high end servers you can get, and that would be like 300-400 a month. Even these have their quirks and limits though, and its often an exercise of patience and the ratio of happiness to expenses doesnt pay out on your side.

Questions: how many potential players per map are you looking to have at peak times?

If its more than 5 per map at one time, than you will absolutely need more boxes or all your going to hear about is lag, until before long you hear nothing at all because eveyrone left.
you could get away with 3 mid range boxes(servers) with 3 maps on each, I see that often. Once the pop gets high on those there is lag but its not unbearable and some of the most populated servers run 3 servers on a box. Ideally youd want 4 but thats spensive. lol

"Boxes you say?" Yes, I say boxes because what I am getting at is if you want total control and ability to run your server unhindered and not at the whims of some kid renting you space on his box(or some company which can be just as bad), then you REALLY want to get your own blank server boxes and install the servers yourself on them. DONT use windows if you can help it, they arent as fast as linux(server side at least)
"but I dont know linux" If you dont know linux thats perfectly fine. I didnt know linux when I ventured into this, and to a large degree I still dont know linux, I know what I need to know to install ark servers though because theres a very nice step by step guide I found. Its from 2015 but it can still be used on linux(http://www.kpheasey.com/2015/07/03/ark-survival-evolved-private-dedicated-server-setup-beginners-guide/) with some changes(he made a .bat file but It doesnt work as desired so you just follow the steps within the file and youre good). It is a bit more work but absolutely 100% worth it.  

Also, if you are thinking about taking this route feel free to add me on steam or discord(M. #8893) and I would be glad to help you out with it(for free, it's fun for me and I have the time)

Archived