ARK: Community QOL Catalog

Cedric

• Wildcard Community

ARK_QOL.jpg

The ARK community catalog is a list of proposed changes from the community and the design team.  It's an universal list that the design team will work off of when prioritizing work.  This is not meant to indicate that the items listed will go into the game.

What is a quality of life request?

It's generally considered a minor tweak to something that will result in a major convenience. 

What's the point of this list?

Being a gamer, I realize it's hard to realize what the development team have and haven't seen.  This isn't meant to replace our traditional methods of raising concerns and requesting changes to the game.  This is a visibility and awareness initiative.  If something isn't on this list, it's very likely it's not on a radar.  I believe there's some value in knowing that as a gamer.

What about bugs and requesting new content?

This list is meant to encompass quality of life requests.  While that term may be subjective, this isn't a list that's meant to contain new game additions IE: Add 3 Man servers.  It's also not meant to be a bug list IE: Fix Manticore landing.  While we may benefit from a list that's dedicated to those things, that's not what this list is meant for.

What should I expect to happen?

What I'd like to do next is have a session with the design team and begin indicating things we aren't going to do.  That will leave us with a list of things we'd actually work on.  From there, I'd like to indicate when we begin working on an item off of this list

Will you keep adding to this list?

Yes.  I'll only be adding new quality of life requests to this sheet though.  There's no update frequency at this moment.

What are the statuses?

Complete: We've completed and deployed the line item

Archived: It's an item that has been seen/discussed with the design and development team

New: It has not been seen by the design and development team

Queued: The development team likes the idea and will prioritize it to be included in the future.

Not Considering: The design and development team has seen the line item but will not be adding it.

Why Google Sheets?

We have internal systems that we use for project management, and rather than adding another system for them to manage (Trello, etc), I'd rather keep it simple and straightforward for the moment.  In addition, we have a forum that I'd prefer to utilize over Trello.  If this is something that is sustainable, we'll look at different ways of integrating this into the forum.

What do I do if my request isn't on here?

If your request is a bug, a new addition to the game, or not generally considered to be a quality of life request, it won't make it on this list.  If it is and it's not listed, it'll get added in time.

Ok, enough.. Where is it?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oMHjs3UiR2OwvUn0V6QQogL4uT0XRtxrua8Gs6mFa5M/edit#gid=0

Archived