Possible to do boss fight with primitive saddles?

PFM

6 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Swamp Cave automatically spawns a blue, a red and a yellow (or red if lucky).
If you walk a room away from the blue/red, they'll respawn for a second time.

Well there's something messed up with my game then because there was only a blue/yellow crate. Which makes sense, since on my home map the Center, cave drops stopped spawning a long time ago, so there is obviously something wrong with the cave drops for me. 

2 hours ago, PFM said:

Well there's something messed up with my game then because there was only a blue/yellow crate. Which makes sense, since on my home map the Center, cave drops stopped spawning a long time ago, so there is obviously something wrong with the cave drops for me. 

Sounds like the SP resource respawn glitch, applied to artifacts. Theres a few fixes out there (make sure to google specifically SP fixes)

You can get good stuff from that yellow one too, the blue should respawn after getting into artifact room. 

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Sounds like the SP resource respawn glitch, applied to artifacts. Theres a few fixes out there (make sure to google specifically SP fixes)

You can get good stuff from that yellow one too, the blue should respawn after getting into artifact room. 

I mean, my artifacts have always respawned, so if there is usually any connection, then I may not have that issue. 

13 hours ago, Fulton said:

i know a guy who got his gigas to hatch at 27k health so if he can do it with gigas its definitely possible with rexes

You mean **imprinted** 27k hp. You would need like +500 points mutation stacks to achieve hatch 27k on a giga.. for the record 27k imprint is actually pretty low if this is the (most likely) case.

56 minutes ago, d1nk said:

You mean **imprinted** 27k hp. You would need like +500 points mutation stacks to achieve hatch 27k on a giga.. for the record 27k imprint is actually pretty low if this is the (most likely) case.

No, 27K imprinted HP is not a thing. If you imprint a level 1 Giga it gets 33K health. So it is not "actually pretty low" but rather it is impossible for an imprinted giga to have that little hp

If the giga has 27K hp, it must have been hatch. assuming that tamed it had 19K health, it would require 100 health mutations to reach 27K. This is do-able if you have S+ and use the Tek mutator. And placing all 73 levels into health only constitutes an increase of 2.92% health, so the most likely case is definitely that they just got a ton of mutations. 

But yeah, if there is a common issue that artifacts and loot crates don't respawn, then I don't have that issue because my artifacts respawn normally and I still get loot crates, just not as many as I should. 

Depends how many riders you have. Imprint bonus matters a lot. If you have 10 players all riding 100% imprinted dinos it's possible if you have well leveled dinos and for safe measure I'd have at least 1 player on a daeodon. Also while rexes are a good choice for monkey another solid choice is therizino, and you can bring sweet vegetable cake so their effective HP will be much higher than a rex. 

yes u can do both the bloodmother and monkey whit prim saddle sand 6 player,s jsut depends on the dino setup, dor bloodmother, breed some megatheriuns and ur good to do alpha and for monkey, pick some velos rided to does some serious dps and ofc, ALWAYS USE A YUTI TO BUFF UR DINOS, but whit ~25k/800 melee megasloth u can do Alpha bloodmother solo

• 4 months later...

yo man with primitive saddle rexs you can do alpha monkey nps, alpha brood will be a slaughter dont try it, you cant do island dragon either however you CAN do alpha dragon + manticore on ragnarok as the dragon takes 3 times more damage and you should only get 1 maybe 2 fire breaths, manticore does no damage at all and can also be done on scorched earth - ignore golems only kill deathworms.

to do alpha brood you need good saddles, or even better a megatherium line,  to do island dragon with the highest chance of success you need a theri line.

On 9/11/2019 at 9:23 PM, WarpSpasm said:

I haven't done boss fights yet, I am in a similar position to you.

If primitive saddles are your only option when you're ready for the boss fight maybe take a mindwipe and put all your points into crafting skill before you make the saddles. Then wait 24 hours and mindwipe again to reset your points.

Crafting bonus only works against the percentages above base level. 

For example, if a blue print gives 100 armor, base is 25, you can only % bonus on the 75 armor above base.  If the blue print is a 25 armor, since that's same as base, you would be getting a % bonus on 0%, which would still be 0.

Archived