Possible to do boss fight with primitive saddles?

PFM

Possible to do boss fight with primitive saddles?

I am currently gearing up to finally take on the boss fights of Ark, I have rexes that hatch with 11K health and 400 melee after some extensive breeding and several mutations. However, the drops are absolutely refusing to drop rex saddle blueprints. Is it possible for me to do it with primitive saddled Rexes and a Yuty?

51 minutes ago, WarpSpasm said:

I haven't done boss fights yet, I am in a similar position to you.

If primitive saddles are your only option when you're ready for the boss fight maybe take a mindwipe and put all your points into crafting skill before you make the saddles. Then wait 24 hours and mindwipe again to reset your points.

BUT it only works with blueprints - not with learned engrams! ;) And yes, you can beat gamma bosses and maybe some beta with primitive saddles - but you might lose some of your creatures.

30 minutes ago, Noric said:

If possible 20-25k health and 650-900 melee. I know it takes a lot of work but hang in there.

That is insane overkill.  For flawless Alpha kills, yeah those stats are great.  But we were doing Beta and Alpha Ragnarok Boss with Rexes hatching 11.7K and 420 melee.  We had 60-70 armor saddles, but still.  @PFM, just go farm a Rex BP from the caves, your breed is fine.  The Swamp Cave on Island does Rex BPs, as do several caves on other ARKs.  It might take a while, and likely has already been a while of searching, but setting your sights on (at minimum) getting 25 more mutations in a single stat is...  Insane.  Just keep at the caves, they'll give you a BP.

1 hour ago, PFM said:

yeahhh I'm never gonna get to a point where my Rexes are hatching with those stats. That's just crazy. If I ever need those type of stats, I'm just never going to do it. 

took me a year, but im a slow dino raiser, i only have the babies out while im online, when i go offline i cryo them,  my rexs are currently 29k health and 1007.9 melee base for the highest.  It all really depends on how often you breed and how many you breed,  i do a max of 10 at a time, and usually end up giving away alot of rexs to new players for base defense, they seem to like it.

I also level breed, taking a max stat dino and breeding it with a extremely low level to get a baby with max stats but low level, that in itself takes time as its a 50/50 chance with the eggs.

If u faming element yes, you can run gamma with primitive saddle, u hatching 11k rexes u can pump hp to 45k that will make it up for the lack of good saddle but id bring a Daeodon just in case. About the saddle, i pulled a Master Craft and Ascendant bp from carno island cave, swamp cave has a higher rate of ascendant bps tho.

15 hours ago, TheDonn said:

That is insane overkill.  For flawless Alpha kills, yeah those stats are great.

Depends. If you are doing it in SP, yes you'll get very far.

On official settings on an actual server (official/unofficial), I can guarantee you'll wipe on the gamma dragon with 20k hp 600 dmg rexes.

Said dragon fight is no joke. I usually lose 2-3 theriz (20k hp, 700 dmg, 120 saddles, 15 cakes ) per fight on gamma level (solo - unofficial server) and I don't mess up whistle commands ever...

15 hours ago, PFM said:

yeahhh I'm never gonna get to a point where my Rexes are hatching with those stats. That's just crazy. If I ever need those type of stats, I'm just never going to do it. 

18 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

15k, 400-500 dmg rexes will get you gamma/beta monkey easily with prim saddles.

People forget every alpha boss in the game has been beaten with rexs with these birth stats. You dont need 50k 2000 melee rexs for bosses, ever. 

12k hp 400 melee birth is a very solid base line that will carry you through bosses with the right prep

As darkholis said, stats above are fine for starting out doing some.gamma bosses

4 hours ago, Darkholis said:

On official settings on an actual server (official/unofficial), I can guarantee you'll wipe on the gamma dragon with 20k hp 600 dmg rexes.

Said dragon fight is no joke. I usually lose 2-3 theriz (20k hp, 700 dmg, 120 saddles, 15 cakes ) per fight on gamma level (solo - unofficial server) and I don't mess up whistle commands ever...

Yeah, but that's just Dragon.  Do it once for the engrams and then look at easier bosses for actual farming.  Or, don't ever ever farm bosses for Element anymore.  Element veins have obsoleted boss farming, as well as Ele-Dust Gachas.  Just make Tek on Extinction and import it where ever you like.  Transfer stacks of dust to make Element to run Replicator, and other stuff.  I mean, there are just easier ways to do it other than farming bosses (especially Dragon).  I can respect if that's the way you want to do it, for certain!  But advice based on your chosen hard-way...  I don't know if it really helps people decide what to do.

9 hours ago, Noric said:

It’s a lot of work, but those stats minimize the losses.

You aren't wrong, but the sentiment of my comment remains valid.  To break into bossfighting, the guys' stats are fine.  Very few people get super-lucky with a Rex BP right off, but we have done Beta Valguero boss many times already with 35-armor saddle Rexes (no losses).  You just have to be careful.  You can't count on bossfighting to ever go perfectly, but having 900 melee Rexes does nothing against a server-crash.  Being able to LOL your way through as your 1500% melee 50K HP 124 armor saddle Rexes absolutely wreck everything is great, but on the other hand, you could just prepare a bit more and do it before you build up 50 to 75 new mutations in a breeding line.  And based on the massive amount of us that have done Beta and even Alpha Valguero Triple-Boss-Arena before transfers, a lot is possible when you have a good plan.

11 hours ago, Darkholis said:

By that do you mean "on single player settings" where the dino stats are turned up 2-3x higher or just talking about playing single player in general?

If u faming element yes, you can run gamma with primitive saddle, u hatching 11k rexes u can pump hp to 45k that will make it up for the lack of good saddle but id bring a Daeodon just in case. About the saddle, i pulled a Master Craft and Ascendant bp from carno island cave, swamp cave has a higher rate of ascendant bps tho.

45K health? Oops. I only pumped them to 21K, because I plan to use these same Rexes on the Dragon, and I know there is a DR effect after 21K with the Dragon. I pumped them to around 1K melee instead. Don't know the exact number off hand, but it's somewhere around 1K. 

I'll take that into consideration with the carno island cave, I didn't know that was a thing, Swamp cave is kind of the go-to for it and I haven't had any luck so far. 
@Darkholis When you say 15K, 400-500 DMG, those are the hatching stats right? Not the final stats when you take them into the arena?

1 hour ago, PFM said:

By that do you mean "on single player settings" where the dino stats are turned up 2-3x higher or just talking about playing single player in general?

45K health? Oops. I only pumped them to 21K, because I plan to use these same Rexes on the Dragon, and I know there is a DR effect after 21K with the Dragon. I pumped them to around 1K melee instead. Don't know the exact number off hand, but it's somewhere around 1K. 

I'll take that into consideration with the carno island cave, I didn't know that was a thing, Swamp cave is kind of the go-to for it and I haven't had any luck so far. 
@Darkholis When you say 15K, 400-500 DMG, those are the hatching stats right? Not the final stats when you take them into the arena?

Id bet he meant leveled, because they really are a joke. Some comparison: We didnt spend much time on Rexs, had 11k hp 400 melee hatch. (Unofficial nitrado - official stats) We managed all bosses except dragon (used theriz) with them, leveling 25k hp 800~ melee. Including Alpha Overseer.

For a few alphas we had some extra riders (we were a 2 man tribe) but the rest was all done just us two. We did find a good rex saddle but honestly just takes a bit of work. Your rexs are better than ours. You will smash out the easy bosses. Even better, can get a few megatherium for beta spider. Even 140 tame, unimprinted with a prim saddle they will still damage more than most high bred rexs with their bug buff.

Throw an outpost near swamp cave, get your favorite dinos (with cryopod access Megatherium is optimal) otherwise Baryonyx / carno. Run the cave every hour for a weekend and I bet you will get that saddle bp.

8 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Throw an outpost near swamp cave, get your favorite dinos (with cryopod access Megatherium is optimal) otherwise Baryonyx / carno. Run the cave every hour for a weekend and I bet you will get that saddle bp.

This is what I did.

Did a loop of swamp cave, easy water cave, then hard water cave and walked away with a ton of great stuff including a 104 armor Rex BP. 

Seriously, one drop hunting weekend and you'll be set on most bp's you'll use on a regular basis.

12 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

This is what I did.

Did a loop of swamp cave, easy water cave, then hard water cave and walked away with a ton of great stuff including a 104 armor Rex BP. 

Seriously, one drop hunting weekend and you'll be set on most bp's you'll use on a regular basis.

For some reason when I did both underwater caves and neither had a res drop. I just got a green and a blue drop between the two of them. Hopefully the swamp cave is better to me

Just now, PFM said:

For some reason when I did both underwater caves and neither had a res drop. I just got a green and a blue drop between the two of them. Hopefully the swamp cave is better to me

Swamp Cave automatically spawns a blue, a red and a yellow (or red if lucky).
If you walk a room away from the blue/red, they'll respawn for a second time.

Archived