Inbreeding detriments

DuncanMacleod08

Suggestion

Inbreeding detriments

Would be cool to see a imbreeding detriment enter game as people imbred their lines constantly way this game currently works which leds to super mutated dinos without having to tame new blood to enter lines.... They need a gene diversity % that drops down as you imbred dinos and once hits under a certain threshold of say 65 to 50% should start to bred deficts and wacky debuffs into dinos and a way to soft limit super breeding some detriment could be debuff releated... Say each inbreeding takes 5% away from the genetic diversity.

brittle bones takes extra dmg and if a flyer can cause dmg to it while flying... Also reduces amount of weight it can carry overall....

Picky eater could be another for carnivores could change from wanting raw meat to raw fish only or to mutton ect. And for herbivores instead of wanting berries only wants crops...

Disease should impact them more as they would be less resistant

Inbred rage - like old giga rage now and then will go on a rampage killing anything and everything it can...

If at anytime threshold of genes hits 0% it should hatch babies but be infertile untill threshold is raised with wild tames.

Sure others can think of more wacky inbreeding detrmints and debuffs.

6 replies to this server topic

Yeah it would actually make it so youd have to go tame new max level dinos instead of inbreeding cause if it was any animal species or anything remotly realistic one disease would wipe your inbred line out... All i want is more realistic breeding super dinos would still be do able just be worth a lot more as it would take longer to get there.

On 9/12/2019 at 2:16 PM, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

I think this is a great idea!!!! Darwinism at its finest. Breeding lines need to be diversified in order to provide the strongest of the strong. How can this be ark survival "evolved" if we are "devolving" our dinos by inbreeding them countless times

Exactly point i was trying to make no sense in inbreeding forever without a consequence would of thought after mutations were put in the and tested they would of put in a detrimental consequence phase into play... 

2 minutes ago, DuncanMacleod08 said:

Yeah it would actually make it so youd have to go tame new max level dinos instead of inbreeding cause if it was any animal species or anything remotly realistic one disease would wipe your inbred line out... All i want is more realistic breeding super dinos would still be do able just be worth a lot more as it would take longer to get there.

That's insane.

I worked on an Argy line. 

I tamed over 100 Argy's to find the stats to get them hatching at level 325 with no mutations and then bred and mutated them another 6 months to have them hatching level 361. I played a lot. Minimum 6 hours a day, sometimes 18 hours with maybe a day missed here and there.

You want to increase that? 

Get out here. It's a bad suggestion. 

You can choose to stop breeding them and try to find higher wild stats to breed in but it's not a good suggestion to improve the quality of life. 

Look at @BertNoobians

His Rex line started at 11k hp, 385 melee and he's worked it up to 30k hp, 1100 melee. Where along that line at anytime after 14k hp, and 449 melee do you think he could have tamed something to improve that line? 

Your suggestion would actually kill this game.

It would way i invision every inbred lower gene diversity by say max 5 % man then ever new wild tame put into line would add 10 to 15% back in and have threshold if gene falls below 65% to start detrmints appearing... It wouldnt kill game just increase time and make us do more parts of game we already enjoy i can spend whole day from 8 am till early ams on ark just breeding in pve no stress just want a more challenging system and since on pve wanted to start a collection of debuffed to heck dinos for no reason other than to do it... So not total elimination of inbreeding just putting cap on number of times before new tame or genes for genetic line would be needed... 

Archived