No Anglerfish in Valguero

Zapha

Ok, I want to farm Angler gel but can't find Angler fish. I read about missing deep-sea respawn in Valguero and I also tried this spot in the Abberation zone where Angler fish should be too. But no Angler fish anywhere.

Is my only chance to wait for a server restart when deep-sea creatures spawn or are there other places to find them?

1 hour ago, Zapha said:

Ok, I want to farm Angler gel but can't find Angler fish. I read about missing deep-sea respawn in Valguero and I also tried this spot in the Abberation zone where Angler fish should be too. But no Angler fish anywhere.

Is my only chance to wait for a server restart when deep-sea creatures spawn or are there other places to find them?

Go into the deep-sea trench from the North water entrance and look around. There are tons in that big open room. Also, if you don't want to go in there, you can try out the Aberration Trench. If you go in from the common entrance around the middle of the map, you can usually find a few in the river straight down. Also, if you don't go down to that river but take a left and cross a land bridge, it leads to another river that also spawns Anglerfish.

3 hours ago, Zapha said:

In the Ab zone, just walk the river and kill everything. Spino, Fish, Crab, Eels, Lamprey's. 

You'll want to clear an area and try to force a respawn which may respawn Anglers as well. 

I'd say do the same in deep trench but I do regular wipes on my unofficial and anglers are still uncommon in deep sea, though when they do spawn the tunnel from river seems to house most of them. Could just try doing a murderfest in that tunnel to try and force a respawn as well.

Yup Valguero has made Anglers one of the easiest tames in the game instead of one of the most frustrating ?

Walk up to them on land and shoot them with darts from a rifle, I'm fairly sure the devs didn't mean to allow that to be the case as they're supposed to a deep water tame but there it is lol.

Finaly I found three angler fish in the upper area of the waterfall in the Abberation zone. Tamed a Manta, checked the deep sea crates positions and looked again also for angler fish in the deep sea ... but nothing. Anyway, I made an outpost near the place where I found the three ones and maybe I will find more there.

Archived