Theories on how Ascension will work

Tsundere Dragon

19 minutes ago, iby102 said:

I still don't even fully understand what 'Ascension' is tbh xD

The devs talked about it in the last Digest.

Also, it's a Character reset (i really hope they said the truth about ascension, if they didn't, i'll be really dissapointed, just like when they told us the dodorex was going to be tamable and in the end it wasn't)

Just now, Darckray said:

The devs talked about it in the last Digest.

Also, it's a Character reset (i really hope they said the truth about ascension, if they didn't, i'll be really dissapointed, just like when they told us the dodorex was going to be tamable and in the end it wasn't)

Ehhhhhhhhhhh *Opens up last digest*

I think its going to be some sort of prestige system, similar to cod and such

''sacrificing your character and resurrecting as a new character containing a soul cube with a progressively level cap''

To me it sound as if you are going to start back at lvl one, lose all your ingram point and gather up that sweet xp all over again.

Just now, Nerevar said:

I think its going to be some sort of prestige system, similar to cod and such

''sacrificing your character and resurrecting as a new character containing a soul cube with a progressively level cap''

To me it sound as if you are going to start back at lvl one, lose all your ingram point and gather up that sweet xp all over again.

Or maybe this is how they'll implement the different ARKs? Like you ascend from ARK 1.0 to ARK 2.0? idk I'm tired xD 

Survivor, OnlyUseMeRaifu asks, “I'm excited for the Ascension process. Can we know some more about it please? :D Does it have to do with your level/further level progression?”
Answer: 
It involves beating all the bosses, going into the volcano, completing an uber-hard dungeon and travelling through a stargate, beating a final fourth boss and discovering the true nature of the ARK, sacrificing your character and resurrecting as a new character containing a soul cube with a progressively level cap (and if done again, taking on bosses that are scaled even more difficult and have some changes each time). That about cover it? ;-) 

Just now, Demran said:

Neither the dungeon in it probably.

That's why they are implementing Plasma Rifles - Night Vision / Heat Vision - Cloaking Devices - Shield Generators etc with the next Tech Tier.

Oh they already said that you wont be able to have mounts or turrets with you in boss battles, that way it cant be set up like the current one with the Broodmother is.

1 minute ago, iby102 said:

Oh they already said that you wont be able to have mounts or turrets with you in boss battles, that way it cant be set up like the current one with the Broodmother is.

4 minutes ago, Demran said:

That's why they are implementing Plasma Rifles - Night Vision / Heat Vision - Cloaking Devices - Shield Generators etc with the next Tech Tier.

Plasma Rifles - Cloaking Devices etc are not structures that needs Platforms or Mounts to be used.

Tribe vs Boss battles will be full of Plasma shots and hiding it seems.

They will be very nice Challenges. ;)

Survivor, OnlyUseMeRaifu asks, “I'm excited for the Ascension process. Can we know some more about it please? Does it have to do with your level/further level progression?”

Answer: 
It involves beating all the bosses, going into the volcano, completing an uber-hard dungeon and travelling through a stargate, beating a final fourth boss and discovering the true nature of the ARK, sacrificing your character and resurrecting as a new character containing a soul cube with a progressively level cap (and if done again, taking on bosses that are scaled even more difficult and have some changes each time). That about cover it? ;-) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must say, I very much prefer the Ascension system the devs mentioned (above), over a continuous level increase with no real challenges.

Having a new character again will bring back the "survival" feel of the game, and I like the increased difficulty as you progress.

3 minutes ago, Medusa said:

Survivor, OnlyUseMeRaifu asks, “I'm excited for the Ascension process. Can we know some more about it please? Does it have to do with your level/further level progression?”

Answer: 

I must say, I very much prefer the Ascension system the devs mentioned (above), over a continuous level increase with no real challenges.

Having a new character again will bring back the "survival" feel of the game, and I like the increased difficulty as you progress.

Also you have the knowledge from your past life so you can essentially speedrun the next life because you know what you need to do exactly :P 

15 minutes ago, iby102 said:

Or maybe this is how they'll implement the different ARKs? Like you ascend from ARK 1.0 to ARK 2.0? idk I'm tired xD 

I really hope this is how they eventually implement it, except with that ARK 2.0 being a completely different map, say going from the original map to an archipelago one. If they restrict your max level based upon your soul cube "rank", certain content won't be available until you ascend.

If you stay on the same map however, tribes will just stagger their members ascension. That way they will always have access to content of their highest level member, all the dinos/buildings remain in the tribe and they remain dominant on the map. If you ascend to a different map however, it will push the tribe into ascending all at once to start fresh on the new map, ideally releasing their grip on the server.

It could still be gamed by one tribe dominating all the maps in their cycle, but it will stretch their development pretty thinly and weaken them as a character would be locked to a map based upon their soul cube "rank". It is also is open to one tribe camping a map, yet if you loop it such that map1->map2->map3->map1, another tribe should in theory surpass their members in rank and therefore have access to more powerful weapons/defences.

Ideally, I'm hoping that ascension will eventually play a role in pvp by breaking up the current stagnation we see and improve tribe mobility/frequency of pvp.

1 minute ago, Collision said:

I really hope this is how they eventually implement it, except with that ARK 2.0 being a completely different map, say going from the original map to an archipelago one. If they restrict your max level based upon your soul cube "rank", certain content won't be available until you ascend.

If you stay on the same map however, tribes will just stagger their members ascension. That way they will always have access to content of their highest level member, all the dinos/buildings remain in the tribe and they remain dominant on the map. If you ascend to a different map however, it will push the tribe into ascending all at once to start fresh on the new map, ideally releasing their grip on the server.

It could still be gamed by one tribe dominating all the maps in their cycle, but it will stretch their development pretty thinly and weaken them as a character would be locked to a map based upon their soul cube "rank". It is also is open to one tribe camping a map, yet if you loop it such that map1->map2->map3->map1, another tribe should in theory surpass their members in rank and therefore have access to more powerful weapons/defences.

Ideally, I'm hoping that ascension will eventually play a role in pvp by breaking up the current stagnation we see and improve tribe mobility/frequency of pvp.

But also as I mentioned before you have the knowledge of your past lives, you'll know EXACTLY who this tribe is made up of, their game strategy, base location, etc. you can outsmart them this way, rush C4 and blow up their early base to slow them down, etc. This allows for much more re-playability and fun in coming up with new strategies to destroy your enemies :P 

3 minutes ago, iby102 said:

But also as I mentioned before you have the knowledge of your past lives, you'll know EXACTLY who this tribe is made up of, their game strategy, base location, etc. you can outsmart them this way, rush C4 and blow up their early base to slow them down, etc. This allows for much more re-playability and fun in coming up with new strategies to destroy your enemies :P 

That's if they have to start from complete scratch rather than just  re-level. If you still have access to all your dinos, you'll easily get back to 60 in no time by hunting alphas with a rex.

Just now, Collision said:

That's if they have to start from complete scratch rather than just  re-level. If you still have access to all your dinos, you'll easily get back to 60 in no time by hunting alphas with a rex.

Nah I'm pretty sure once you ascend it'd be completely new :P But if someone stayed in a tribe on one particular ARK to help the others whiz through and then just alternate it could be abused, of course we have no idea if this is how it'll work, all speculation for now :P 

12 hours ago, iby102 said:

Nah I'm pretty sure once you ascend it'd be completely new :P But if someone stayed in a tribe on one particular ARK to help the others whiz through and then just alternate it could be abused, of course we have no idea if this is how it'll work, all speculation for now :P 

I was thinking about that too, I'm not sure how it could work, if you keep your tamed dinos and structures, it's definitely still easier to get back on your feet.

13 hours ago, Medusa said:

Answer: 

I think this ascension idea is great as well, it'll keep the game fun for ages, I wonder if they'll add engrams past the first max level, so that you'd need Soul Cubes to craft it.

Archived