Transfer Paradox (Figurative)

PhoebusApollo

Hello, I'm a new player on Ark. About a month old. And I started and have always played at The Island Beginner server. I have recently heard that they are wiping the Beginner's servers as "it was never meant to be for long-term establishment." I totally understand, but you really just cannot 'part' with your life there.

Another thing is that, while on the said beginner's server, I've decided to branch out and explore some new servers. I came across a new Valguero server. I created a character there and really liked the map and the whole vibe to it (Nice people). So in short, I'm currently on Valguero and Beginner's The Island with two different characters.

Which bring me to this depressing complication—having heard of the beginner's server wipesand all that—how would I, if there's any way, transfer at least my essential tames from the Island to Valguero. Reading from game sites and wikis, normal transfer involves one character from a certain server into another. Notjing says about a different character transferring his stuff (items/tames) into another character on different servers. Forgot to mention that I play on both PVE servers as a solo-player tribe (Willing to change status if it will help fixing this mess I made).

I've also read somewhere that, if you transfered a character into a server where you already have a character, the latter gets deleted. I hope someone could verify what delete means. Does it mean solely the character (tribe included)? Does it include said character's structures? Will the character's tames be unclaimed or die? And if, on the case that structures will not be deleted and tames still claimed, would the character that I am trying to transfer be able to access the structures and tames that the character (that would be deleted, assumingly) left behind.

I know it's a lot of questions. These are mostly all the questions that I could construct as the rest are not even comprehensible to me. I am desperately in need of help. I'm lost...

You can upload items and tames from 1 character to another. It's not tied to a character but your player ID.

If you transfer a character to a server where you already have a character, the previous character file gets overwritten. If you are a solo tribe this would mess up the tribe cause the new character won't be in the tribe.

Not sure on tames from beginner to normal servers but I think that is the intention. 

The same account can transfer between different characters so you can upload a tame/item with character A on server 1 and pull out that tame/item with character B on server 2.

If you transfer a character to a server with an existing character and download your survivor data it will overwrite your existing character on that server. Since a tribe is server based it will be as if that character left the tribe so the structures will just stay there until they decay.

Besides a few starter tames, I'd let most of it get wiped. You can tame much higher levels on the normal servers. Likewise, since your player is capped on beginners just using your new player makes more sense. Hit a few explorer notes on the Island or Extinction and you'll be past your beginners character level in an hour. 

There is a good YouTube video by Lucky by Nature that will show you an efficient explorer note run on the Island.

I know theres some sentiment with your current tames but youre better off starting fresh on that Valg server. I would say its in the most longevity there but these days official servers last less time than unofficials. 

Your first level 50+ tame will outshine your beginner tames the first day. Just bite the bullet and forget the beginner tames and treat it as it was meant - a turorial of the game and not meant to be carried on.

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

You can upload items and tames from 1 character to another. It's not tied to a character but your player ID.

Oh my, this cleared up most of what was confusing me. Does it mean that I could pretty much just get the items and dinos from that server and still be able to access it with new server character? Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Not sure on tames from beginner to normal servers but I think that is the intention. 

The same account can transfer between different characters so you can upload a tame/item with character A on server 1 and pull out that tame/item with character B on server 2.

Wow so it's that simple then. And really I could care less about my character, I just wanted my tames. So does this mean that I could really just transfer my items/tames? My new character is already leveled past my old one

21 minutes ago, PhoebusApollo said:

Wow so it's that simple then. And really I could care less about my character, I just wanted my tames. So does this mean that I could really just transfer my items/tames? My new character is already leveled past my old one

Test it simple. Load up a stone in ark data with your beginner character then jump on your Val character, go to a drop or ob and see if it is in the Ark data for you to download. 

Just to second (or third) what other have said.  You will soon find that your beloved dinos from the beginner server will sit in the corner of a base collecting dust after you start taming higher levels and breeding better, stronger dinos.

I left a server about 5 months ago, that I had many, many dinos on, including some real favorites.  However, as I type this, I actually can't remember their names, as I have new dinos on my the new servers that have taken their place.

6 hours ago, Aushegun said:

your beloved dinos from the beginner server will sit in the corner of a base collecting dust after you start taming higher levels and breeding better, stronger dinos.

I do agree with this since beginner servers are capped at 30. I, however, only want the necessary tames to help me get established on my new server since i am new there as well (ie. doedi, anky and my giga). They're all low levels but will greatly help me.. ithink lol

12 hours ago, PhoebusApollo said:

Hello, I'm a new player on Ark. About a month old. And I started and have always played at The Island Beginner server. I have recently heard that they are wiping the Beginner's servers as "it was never meant to be for long-term establishment." I totally understand, but you really just cannot 'part' with your life there.

Another thing is that, while on the said beginner's server, I've decided to branch out and explore some new servers. I came across a new Valguero server. I created a character there and really liked the map and the whole vibe to it (Nice people). So in short, I'm currently on Valguero and Beginner's The Island with two different characters.

Which bring me to this depressing complication—having heard of the beginner's server wipesand all that—how would I, if there's any way, transfer at least my essential tames from the Island to Valguero. Reading from game sites and wikis, normal transfer involves one character from a certain server into another. Notjing says about a different character transferring his stuff (items/tames) into another character on different servers. Forgot to mention that I play on both PVE servers as a solo-player tribe (Willing to change status if it will help fixing this mess I made).

I've also read somewhere that, if you transfered a character into a server where you already have a character, the latter gets deleted. I hope someone could verify what delete means. Does it mean solely the character (tribe included)? Does it include said character's structures? Will the character's tames be unclaimed or die? And if, on the case that structures will not be deleted and tames still claimed, would the character that I am trying to transfer be able to access the structures and tames that the character (that would be deleted, assumingly) left behind.

I know it's a lot of questions. These are mostly all the questions that I could construct as the rest are not even comprehensible to me. I am desperately in need of help. I'm lost...

when you have two seprate characters on two seperate servers you can transfer dino's and items between those servers and both characters can download them from the terminals, in this sense its account based.   What isn't is Imprinting - imprinting is character based, so the 30% damage bonus the imprinter gets at 100% imprint will not be applied to character #2.

If you transfer a character on to a server that you already have a existing character on, that character will be deleted, the structures and dinos will remain but you will not be able to access them, as your character you downloaded is not a member of the tribe, thusly, you lose those dino's and structures and have to sit and watch them slowly decay away.

Now if you have a tribe member in the server your going to overwrite a character on, that tribe member can invite you into the tribe and you'll be able to access the dino's and structures again.  if you don't have a tribe member, dont invite some random into the tribe to try to do this as they may just keep it for themselves and not  invite you back in.

if you want to transfer your existing character and keep the dino's on the other server, you could upload the dino's and saddles to a obelisk, pin code all the doors containers and benches inside the existing structure, then overwrite your character there, download the dino's and saddles.  The pincodes will allow you to use the existing building, doors, containers and equipment while you build yourself a new base.

Another method besides uploading the existing dinos on server 2, is to get your hands on enough cryopods, cryopod the dinos, stick them in a pin coded container and then transfer and grab them from the container and toss them out again with the transfered character.

hope that helps.

6 hours ago, PhoebusApollo said:

I do agree with this since beginner servers are capped at 30. I, however, only want the necessary tames to help me get established on my new server since i am new there as well (ie. doedi, anky and my giga). They're all low levels but will greatly help me.. ithink lol

Take giga, few argys and kibble, that's all. 

Tamed dinos are much better from breeded one from begginer. We breeded everything on begginer, even gigas. Just to found out that they are useless on offi, I mean they are born with 80% meele, on begginer that's huge but offi mehhhhhh. Same goes with rexes, we have breed a & $%$ load of them, we even did a broodmother

We had almost every bp saddle from dinos on begginer, apr or jrm. I alone was able in 1 week to find much better bps from ones what we had. 

Last member finished transfer before 1 month from begginer 427. He gived away almost everything. Only island is still there, that he wants to sell to some guy (herbi island) 

At least on Xbox, transferring of dinos and items was disabled on Beginner servers along with all Xbox servers a few months ago to deal with the duping problem.  When transfers were enabled again they did NOT enable it on Beginner servers.  It still has not been fixed.  All those players wishing to take anything except from their character alone are not able to do so and the deadline looms close.

Archived