StudioWildcard

Community Crunch 197: Beginner Servers, ExtraLife, and On The Horizon

looking forward to the 8x extra life event again. Of course, if anything is changed from last year (i.e. no 8x), then I would anticipate a large drop in donations through ARK, as many of us would prefer to donate directly to charities for tax reasons (can't use the extra life donations as tax credit if you live outside the US), so tread carefully with changing the incentives Ced

On 9/10/2019 at 8:25 AM, Rehcsif1 said:

They mentioned ps4 transfers were still off but i was able to transfer last night and the night before.. ?

You can transfer nude but can not transfer anything between servers......it is still a royal pain in the backside. At least we got a tribe member to our ext before it all despawned. The real question is will they have it fixed by the time val is thrown open for transfers? We are two weeks into this with no projection when it will end. 

Also, in case anyone's wondering, Cedric already said on twitter that a Scorched Earth ascension isn't gonna be a part of the update. What makes it worse is that he tried to excuse it by saying something like "spoilers they didn't even ascend in the story", and as "proof" quoted this single random line from one of Helena's SE notes that has absolutely NOTHING to do with an ascension, meanwhile I'm finding several other lines in the story that DO support the idea of an ascension. Part of the reason this all ticks me off is because Cedric treats the idea like it's "nonfunctional" and not worth the effort, even though in reality the ascensions are not only really cool to look at and give players this sense of accomplishment after all they've gone through, but without them you wouldn't know there are connections between the maps if you didn't read the story.

Hello. I know they are making a lot of changes to this game. I would like to make a suggestion. Let us be able to use remote inventories. For example. If I am riding an Argentavis, I can build things from my characters inventory and the Argentavis inventory so I dont need to move all the items over to my inventory. 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2019 at 11:01 PM, Purdbag said:

On 9/13/2019 at 8:09 PM, ArkTheorist123 said:

. What makes it worse is that he tried to excuse it by saying something like "spoilers they didn't even ascend in the story", and as "proof" quoted this .

Yikes, when devs get put on the spot they should just say no comment. Obviously they did ascend because we know of them on abb and extinction.  

Hello Wildcard Team

It may be possible to back up the old server to make it and play the back up later on the new server so that the player culture is not destroyed! Our tribe and buildings are attending ARK time. Even newer tribes have invested a lot of time. It would be a pity if the deletion of the servers would leave even more players forever.

It would also be interesting to know which ARK servers exactly from the Wipe Dates: Oct 1st, 2019; Dec 31st, 2019; Mar 24th, 2020; Jun 16th, 2020; Sept 8th, 2020; Dec 1st, 2020 are affected? or maybe everyone!

Letter from a sad ARK player
Hilli

Edited by Hilli70

I’ve been a long time supporter of this game, own all the dlc except scorched earth. With that being said the grind an taming speed on 1x has gotten to me an some of my friends. It shouldn’t take 4 hrs to tame a dire bear or anything that is worth something. There needs to be something done about this, ppl have jobs an lives. Revert back to the old kibble I prefer that WAY better. I lost a 301 mel cause the servers kept kicking me an not letting me join. When I finally joined a tribe killed me an my Mek. Will ark team make things right, nope. This game screams not to be played on 1x or if your trying to build up. Like I said I played a lot over 100 hrs put in but I feel my time is coming to a end. I love the game an just want some type of change that’ll maybe things bearable. I’m done till there’s some type of event that actually instill some kinda fun back into the game. 

Does the ark team actually read any of what is written here? Do they ever reply? I'm honestly really curious. I am a long time begginer server player. I love helping the new players with dinos and learning the ropes. I love how hard it is to do anything on them.  But I'd really like to be able to transfer some of my hard work off before they wipe all my stuff.  Like give me an hour to move some stuff. Please. 

@Laray  I've posted here, made a thread on the Xbox support forum and sent in two tickets.  It's clear we are NOT being heard.  I don't like that they are going to wipe the servers, but for goodness sake, let us transfer our items and dinos as intended by their own statement upon logging in!

"Welcome Survivors!  Beginner Officials are servers we recommend for new players.  They are download restricted which means that you cannot download your items, creatures, or characters onto this server but you can upload them from it."   Yet another disappointment from the Wildcard team.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:06 PM, Ansebbian said:

@Hilli70 It's all the Beginner servers.  The word "beginner" will be in the server name.

Thanks for the answer 🙂 Since I have misunderstood that! I read it that the legit servers are deleted by appointments. But well, the beginner server players should also know when, novice server xy will be deleted, so they have a chance to get it together and pack it well. First appointment is October 1st * scared *