ark end

PennyPea

Well, technically you need to start on the Island and do all the bosses in order to enter the Overseer cave and arena. Killing the overseer will allow you to Ascend and unlock the other maps. However I think they removed the locks on the other maps so you can play them without ascending. But there are other bosses on the other maps and I think the Extinction map has a special ending as well but I haven't done the King titan boss or whatever it is.

But yeah, there is definitely a story to follow if you collect and read all the notes.

yeah no locks on any map, you can actually start on any of them. 

If your wanting to follow the story, stay on the island and just follow the explorer notes and collect them on each map as you move along.  Broodmother was the first boss originally, followed by the ape then the dragon, lastly the tek cave..  After the island map Scorched earth came, then aberration followed by Extinction, soon to be followed by Genesis.

Ragnarok, The Center and Valguero really don't play into the story except that they are 'additional arks'.

If you want to just skip to the end of all endings, jump onto Extinction and do the King Titan there, that'll take you to the very end.

Archived