Rest in Peace SMO

Cran3s

Rest in Peace SMO

ALCON, Ark Devs, and Ark Social Media,

I have reached out to Wild Card a few times over email and messenger, but my requests turned up nothing so far and no responses so I figured I would try the forums. My tribe mate of 3+ years and nearly 5,000 hours has passed away from Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He was only 17 years old when he passed. We are on Island Server 46 Official PVE. We have been setup there since the server opened 3 years ago. One of his last requests was for a Laptop so he could play games like Ark while hospitalized. We setup a GoFundMe server wide and reached enough people to get him the funds to do so. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple weeks ago. Pictures of his character sleeping in a bunk bed in front of a transmitter were even used at his funeral as seen in the attached image. SMO was his character name and he loved Gigas. I have fridges full of his podded Gigas of all colors. He even named the base GigaCity. He was an amazing guy and some of you may even have interacted with him as he was a heavy trader on the forums.

We on server 46 would like to host a Giga March in his memory where we will run around the entire server with his Gigas following us on ours. All that I ask from the people of Ark or Wild Card is assistance in locating a means to let this Giga March lead to something greater. Maybe a non-profit organization donation, Cancer foundation donation or children cancer hospital donation of some kind. We could have multiple servers run Giga Marches and twitch stream them. I am open to anything and anyway to try and make a difference for future cancer patients. They could be gamers just like the rest of us, but struck down so young by a terrible disease. Please any ideas, mediums or ways to let this turn into something greater would be greatly appreciated. We will miss you SMO. 

20180819010453_1.jpg

SMO.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Chris said:

So sorry to hear about this ?. I've passed it along to the team.

Thanks for that, Chris. It means a lot. He was an awesome person to Survive with on Ark. He was legitimately one of the best players I ever had the honor of playing with. He's going to be missed. He's gone way too soon. 

I'm so sorry for your loss... it's wonderful that you are organizing a tribute for him and bringing awareness with his passing. I have a friend who, miraculously, survived this disease with aggressive chemo. She got clear scans in February of this year - she was only 27 when diagnosed. It's truly an awful disease that doesn't discriminate when it comes to ruining and stealing lives. Again, very sorry for your (and the community's) loss.

i too lost a friend who was also my cousin to a medical condition. i shall tell everyone on my server about this. i will also breed a giga and call it SMO. @Cran3s what was his favourite colour for gigas. i spoke with him a few times. he gave me tips for breeding when i wanted to get good at it. may i suggest this giga march be done on console servers aswell so i could join. i am sure there are those who want to join but cant because they dont have PC. i will also get my friend to host a giga march on our server.

Archived