Abandoned Raft

JaysonQ

Abandoned Raft

Hi guys,

I am new to this game and on NA-PvE official server Valguero.

I am building fences around my base and found a raft abandoned (I assume it is abandoned because it had left there for two week) in my fences planning area.

How long is the decay timer of wooden raft? I checked it last week and it will decay after 11 days, and I checked again today I went back up to 14 days. The owner should pass by that raft to get the timer reset, and he always offline when I am online, so I can't ask him to move his raft in global chat.

What can I do about it?

Thanks.

I have the same problem on one of the official servers, someones left a raft at my base but they never come over to it, yet each time they log in the raft resets its timer without them visiting it.  The raft itself is treated as a dino far as dino limit goes so i'm guessing just like the dino's its resetting the timer on the raft just cause they logged in.

The only thing you can really do is try to get them to move the raft.  I've been unlucky so far with my attempts over the past year, wish you better luck.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

I have the same problem on one of the official servers, someones left a raft at my base but they never come over to it, yet each time they log in the raft resets its timer without them visiting it.  The raft itself is treated as a dino far as dino limit goes so i'm guessing just like the dino's its resetting the timer on the raft just cause they logged in.

The only thing you can really do is try to get them to move the raft.  I've been unlucky so far with my attempts over the past year, wish you better luck.

You must render your dinos and rafts for them to be reset; logging in is not enough.

35 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

I see, so it can't be help then, hopefully I can see him online.

Thanks.

Have same problem. 

On Valguero when it opened me and another guy was staking our claims next to each other.  Get along fine.  He's great.  But he left his raft by my "hut" during the gold rush.  Now the hut is my base and my pets get stuck coming and going on his raft.  He logs and renders his raft.  I am certain he forgot it exists.  Cannot catch him online he comes and goes.  

Thinking about this method I used once for someone else:  Tame a low level pter.  Change it's name to "u forgot ur raft."  Fly it in tow with follow and park it in his fort.  Unclaim.  Fly out on the Lead.  Can even leave a "note" inside the inventory on an unclaimed with plz and ty's.  Claimer will get the note when they claim; note does not disappear (tested).  Think that is a peaceful method not harassing.

But never leave a talking parasaur that just provokes hostile feelings.  Uck.

23 hours ago, d1nk said:

Also find their base and maybe throw a sign there too? If feeling extra cheeky throw a raft down with a sign lol

Ok, I will looking for his base later today.

10 hours ago, Sl8erj said:

dump a platform saddled dino in front of the door to their base with the sign on top that way they cant miss it. 

make sure you dont block them in and be polite and they should move it  

And I will save these methods as last resort lol.

18 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

image.thumb.png.35775385c9084098777f9fd2ee2143cf.png

Haha, I feel ya, but so far everyone from my server park their raft by the shore, well manner eh?.. should I ask if they are Canadian? lol

9 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

Have same problem. 

On Valguero when it opened me and another guy was staking our claims next to each other.  Get along fine.  He's great.  But he left his raft by my "hut" during the gold rush.  Now the hut is my base and my pets get stuck coming and going on his raft.  He logs and renders his raft.  I am certain he forgot it exists.  Cannot catch him online he comes and goes.  

Thinking about this method I used once for someone else:  Tame a low level pter.  Change it's name to "u forgot ur raft."  Fly it in tow with follow and park it in his fort.  Unclaim.  Fly out on the Lead.  Can even leave a "note" inside the inventory on an unclaimed with plz and ty's.  Claimer will get the note when they claim; note does not disappear (tested).  Think that is a peaceful method not harassing.

But never leave a talking parasaur that just provokes hostile feelings.  Uck.

Same thing happened with my tribemate as well, he quit game and left behind his raft at someone base without notice us, then we got shouted in global chat. After I got that raft back, then we decide to change our tribe name lol.

Archived