Surface Alpha Reaper King -- Turn up the Spawn Rate

Yanozha

Surface Alpha Reaper King -- Turn up the Spawn Rate

Just like the title says , For the love of god , Increase the spawn rate for Alpha Surface Reaper Kings ,, 2 people hunting for a week , we have killed well over 500 normal kings and not one single Alpha ? ,,,, thats not rare fellas ,, ITS BROKEN ,,,, should not be any harder to find one that it is to find Alpha Death Worm. So explain to me why it cant be increased a bit ? I'll wait,,, and dont give me some bob answer with over 15k hours in Ark since the very beginning , ive been around longer than some of your Dev team. 

I second you on that. I've been searching day and night for a few weeks now and I have yet to find one. I looked up some stuff and some people say that there is 1 to 3 at any given time. Some people say there's only one and you just have to keep looking. So that is what I've been doing. I have been walking every step on the surface when my Drake his feathers stand up. And sometimes I can't even get the Reaper to come up from the ground so I'm walking in a circle for the longest time and the daylight comes before any luck. I am definitely burned out trying but I just called my buddy up and say a lot of bad words about it and then I go back and try again bro, but I definitely agree with you. On the bright side of all of it I am not afraid of regular Reaper's or the burning death of the sunlight of the surface. I am completely numb from the danger. When I think I actually see one but I don't I almost have a heart attack thinking I cannot mess this up haha.

I have the same problem, Lady Luck is not on my side. some players from the same official server are saying that they never encountered an Alpha reaper at the north West exit, and their base is right at the entrance tunnel and they go to surface very frequently.

Long story short, 1 month of looking for alpha reapers and 0 found so far.

There can be more than 5 Alpha Reaper Kings in the surface at a time, just note that the bloody reaper kings can spawn anywhere there, including outside of the barrier and including metallic pillars..

They're just 'insanely' hard to find sometimes. Personally only found 1 and with dino tracking you will find a lot of wild alphas... but it's all a matter of luck.

This does not work as you think.

There is one Alpha reaper spawned and it will remain spawned until killed. You can kill thousands of surface reapers, this wont trigger the spawn of a new one.

I recommend you traveling around all surfaces with a drake, until you unborrow it, then if no time come next night to kill it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 5:20 PM, arkark said:

This does not work as you think.

There is one Alpha reaper spawned and it will remain spawned until killed. You can kill thousands of surface reapers, this wont trigger the spawn of a new one.

I recommend you traveling around all surfaces with a drake, until you unborrow it, then if no time come next night to kill it.

Not so sure about that. A friend and I took our super megalos (800% base dmg) up to the small surface (northwest) and went to work killing kings. First 90% night was a bust even though we must have killed hundreds. Second night... winner winner dodo dinner! Too bad i wasn't there and my friend got killed jumping down the cliff on his megalo, and the alpha got him right as he dismounted. Megalo was fine though. Alpha despawned. :(

The only way you're going to find one on a drake is if you are insanely lucky like most of the barbs i've gotten in the past. You wont be able to force an alpha to spawn using a drake, so there is a good chance you'll be looking for months before finding one.  You gotta go commit reaper genocide in order to force the spawn.

Archived