pvp Ark Server running on virtual machine hardware requirements

Ark Server running on virtual machine hardware requirements

Hey there,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this I was'nt quite sure.

We want to run multiple servers on the Microsoft store version of ARK. We so far have come to the conclusion that this will require virtual machines. But after running test we have confirmed the vGPU technology of VMWare and VirtualBox is insufficient, as ARK will hang and crash on the blue screen with the 'title' image. We suspect this is the fault of ARK not detecting or being unable to use the graphics card as well. We have yet to look into esxi 6.5 if anyone knows if that will work. We were wondering if anyone has been able to do this and if so what graphics card supports virtualization and we don't want to buy those 1k dollar ones. I saw a post somewhere saying that the 1060 ti might be capable. Another post says Nvidia keeps passthrough technology to there expensive grid gpus. We have no preference over what the card is. All help will be appreciated. Again to summarize we are looking for help on what gpu and software is required for passthrough to multiple VMware machines. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Sharks Interactive

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 11:09 AM, alexthegrt said:

Hey! So I had a 2 servers and sometimes 3 running using oracle virtualbox. Only issue I had was available cores and ram. I was using integrated graphics. Maybe send me a message on xbox. 

Ehmun val

is the account hooked up to my phone. 

If you cant find that gt search for

EhMun val8376

Awesome! If you don't mind me asking what settings did you use for those vm's? And that is the Microsoft store version not the steam one right?

Archived