What does everyone look for in a server?

What does everyone look for in a server?

I'm just curious about what people look for in a server. See, I personally like a well balanced server ( mostly). Most of the time if I hop on a non official server I cant breath without raining 20 levels and everyone is all about the pop so I get killed swiftly. 

If I hop on an official server I cant walk 10 feet without starving or dehydrating and it takes astronomical amounts of time to take, and I cant understand how there isn't poop everywhere! Who eats and poops that much? 

So what does everyone else look for? I like reasonable survival ( less poop, less eating and drinking but not removed. Like, more average 3-4 times a day eating.) I like quick games, where things dont take more than an hour to tame (cause it's a game people and we have lives outside of it). I also like quicker hatch times, egg intervals, and mating intervals. 

A good server is one that has sensible rates that still means a challenge, around 3-5x is good. Any more and you may as well start everyone with tek and wyverns as soon as they spawn on the beach. A good admin that doesn't abuse their privileges. No toxic players. Players that are fun to interact with and don't mind helping out if things get tough. Offline raid protection. Yes it's a game and people play for different reasons but those are mine

9 hours ago, Rumackay said:

A good server is one that has sensible rates that still means a challenge, around 3-5x is good. Any more and you may as well start everyone with tek and wyverns as soon as they spawn on the beach. A good admin that doesn't abuse their privileges. No toxic players. Players that are fun to interact with and don't mind helping out if things get tough. Offline raid protection. Yes it's a game and people play for different reasons but those are mine

This^^^ 

Servers where people let others be who they are and don’t complain about too many questions from newer players. 

The rules/settings is pretty important, but you need the right amount of good hearted players before any server can become good. 

Archived