MDwesman

Bring sarco army, kapro, or chalicotherium into cave

Bring sarco army, kapro, or chalicotherium into cave

I have an army of middle level disposable Sarcosuchuses, one high level kapro, and a decent chalicotherium nearby that I plan to tame but it will take a long time. Should I raid the cave (contains scorpions, araneos, titanboas, and arthropluras,) with the army of Sarcosuchus, my kapro, or wait for the chalicotherium because I’m gona lose my dinos if I go in there, and I don’t care if i lose some Sarcos, but i would want to keep my kapro.

I know but every saber i find is a trash level and when i go into the redwoods its hard enough to tranq down a thylo but then having micro rapters attack you and terror birds eat up the and then eventually die, so I wanna either try using my disposable sarcos leaded by my kapro which can pick up creatures and kill them easily, but last time I got ambushed by a wall of scorpions and arthropluras, i know that chalicotheriums are some of the best creatures to take down because of their long swipe, and rock throw, but it is just gona take too long to tame but if you think my sarco army will fail then i guess ill do the chalicotherium tame

Chalicotherium is just as good as megatherium it just has little lesser health and can throw rocks, but I don’t wanna go through taming it, but I’m going into a bug cave with a few snakes, i would like to take my disposable sarco army with a kapro (with saddle) that leads the army into the cave, do you think the sarco army would work or should i wait and tame a chalicotherium 

10 hours ago, MDwesman said:

Chalicotherium is just as good as megatherium it just has little lesser health and can throw rocks, but I don’t wanna go through taming it, but I’m going into a bug cave with a few snakes, i would like to take my disposable sarco army with a kapro (with saddle) that leads the army into the cave, do you think the sarco army would work or should i wait and tame a chalicotherium 

You might be forgetting about the Megatherium's bug-killer rage buff.  It makes it hands-down better than a Chalicotherium could be at literally every task, except for siege damage.  If bugs (Meganeura, Ants, Dung Beetles, Arthropleura, Araneo, Scorpions, and others) are involved at all, very few tames are better than Megatherium.

• Like 1

Well I don’t wanna go searching for one cuz i only have a pteranodon and when ever I need to land terror birds shred me, so my only options are to tame the chalicotherium which will take a long time or, lead my disposable sarco army with my kapro in the cave with (araneos, pulminos, arthroplueras , titanaboas, and dung beetles). Those are my only options, and Isaid my sarco army is disposable so I don’t care if I lose them, so should i tame the chalico or bring my sarco army with kapro down?

Edited by MDwesman
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, MDwesman said:

Well I don’t wanna go searching for one cuz i only have a pteranodon and when ever I need to land terror birds shred me, so my only options are to tame the chalicotherium which will take a long time or, lead my disposable sarco army with my kapro in the cave with (araneos, pulminos, arthroplueras , titanaboas, and dung beetles). Those are my only options, and Isaid my sarco army is disposable so I don’t care if I lose them, so shou7ld i tame the chalico or bring my sarco army with kapro down?

Those arent your only options. A megatherium is no way equal to a chali.. Megatheriums bug buff is a game changer. 

Id suggest you learn the game better before claiming "its my only option"  Go tame a Bary or thyla or.. almost anything. Sometimes you have to actually put in work.. I know. Its hard. 

A big tip for someone as inexperienced as you will be drop-tame pens. Look em up. Ramps to lure a tame in and keep it safe during taming

• Like 1

6 hours ago, d1nk said:

Those arent your only options. A megatherium is no way equal to a chali.. Megatheriums bug buff is a game changer. 

Id suggest you learn the game better before claiming "its my only option"  Go tame a Bary or thyla or.. almost anything. Sometimes you have to actually put in work.. I know. Its hard. 

A big tip for someone as inexperienced as you will be drop-tame pens. Look em up. Ramps to lure a tame in and keep it safe during taming

Thank you for suggesting tips and dinos, but the thing is I don’t need new player help, don’t assume I’m new to ark just because I just created my ark community forums account a few days ago, Ive been watching ark you tubers for 5 years before I played ark then I played ark with my friend on his xbox for a while, then I got ark for myself and been playing for about 2 years, I’m experienced and I know about megatheriums bug rage boost, I know Thylos are good but are a pain to tame (because of terror birds), recently all my flyers have been killed and I only have one pteranodon left who keeps needing to land for stamina, and if I go searching, she will probably go join her brothers and sisters as terror bird chow, so I’m not searching, the chalicotherium nearby I can tame but it will take a long time because ill have to use stim berrys because I’m not waiting for beer, but the other option is to send my sarco army with my kapro, I don’t want other Dino tame suggestions I just wanna know if I should chuck my sarcos and kapro down there or wait and tame the chalico, I would really appreciate it if I could get an answer

2 hours ago, MDwesman said:

Thank you for suggesting tips and dinos, but the thing is I don’t need new player help, don’t assume I’m new to ark just because I just created my ark community forums account a few days ago, Ive been watching ark you tubers for 5 years before I played ark then I played ark with my friend on his xbox for a while, then I got ark for myself and been playing for about 2 years, I’m experienced and I know about megatheriums bug rage boost, I know Thylos are good but are a pain to tame (because of terror birds), recently all my flyers have been killed and I only have one pteranodon left who keeps needing to land for stamina, and if I go searching, she will probably go join her brothers and sisters as terror bird chow, so I’m not searching, the chalicotherium nearby I can tame but it will take a long time because ill have to use stim berrys because I’m not waiting for beer, but the other option is to send my sarco army with my kapro, I don’t want other Dino tame suggestions I just wanna know if I should chuck my sarcos and kapro down there or wait and tame the chalico, I would really appreciate it if I could get an answer

well your post led me to believe you are definitely a new player sorry to get confused aswell .but to stir the pot abit bud  ;) ill give ya a pro tip … chalico don't tame with stimberries 😜

3 hours ago, MDwesman said:

Here is your answer just try a cave with what you have and learn from that you will either lose your tames or clear the cave, no one can actually tell you what the better option is because we dont have the stats of your tames or know the settings you are playing on. 

How bout though you lose the attitude towards those who are trying to help you. Claiming you have experience in ark while asking silly questions/making just sadly noobish statements doesn't really add up so people obviously tried to help you.

6 minutes ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Here is your answer just try a cave with what you have and learn from that you will either lose your tames or clear the cave, no one can actually tell you what the better option is because we dont have the stats of your tames or know the settings you are playing on. 

How bout though you lose the attitude towards those who are trying to help you. Claiming you have experience in ark while asking silly questions/making just sadly noobish statements doesn't really add up so people obviously tried to help you.

First of all I’m not trying to stir up war, I’m thankful that people actually respond to this, I’m not trying to get people mad, I’m just frustrated everyone keeps suggesting to go out on an adventure to tame something else, because I only got a bad stamina pteranodon, who’s brothers and sisters have all failed when I first attempted a thylo tame and when i got close terror birds come eat up the thylo, and micro raptors stun me, as i die, so I’m in no shape for adventure right now, if i need to give more info then i can say I’m in the lower south cave (Artifact of the hunter) my sarcos are about same level as creatures in the cave, my kapro is a high level compares to creatures in the cave, and the chalico is a high level and the rocks it throws can bounce of walls and probably hit something  that’s in the path, i have about an army of 4 sarcos.

11 hours ago, MDwesman said:

Woah 7 years of ARK expertise! 

Weve given you the answer. Neither. You are too inexperienced to know the difference. Get. Better. Tames.

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Thyme said:

Sarcos can make okay cave mounts if they're a good level, but otherwise your best taming a Megatherium or thyla or just going in on foot and running past

Thank you for answering my question, my sarcos are decent and i have an army of them so i am gona use the army to raid they cave  

8 hours ago, d1nk said:

Woah 7 years of ARK expertise! 

Weve given you the answer. Neither. You are too inexperienced to know the difference. Get. Better. Tames.

Seems you don’t know how to read the topic, I’m trying to be nice and instead of answering the topic you wanna throw out your assumptions of me being inexperienced,  you don’t know how to play the game, I don’t care about the topic, go tame a different Dino. How bout you go find a topic that needs your intelligence of the best cave tames, and start reading the topic.

10 minutes ago, MDwesman said:

Seems you don’t know how to read the topic, I’m trying to be nice and instead of answering the topic you wanna throw out your assumptions of me being inexperienced,  you don’t know how to play the game, I don’t care about the topic, go tame a different Dino. How bout you go find a topic that needs your intelligence of the best cave tames, and start reading the topic.

Oh im reading just fine, thank you. Im just informing you of your options. Its not me being mean, just frank. 

I dont pretend to have any notable intellegence.