Whats with the constant "Refreshing Ark Inventory..."

JetJaguar

4 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

Whats with the constant "Refreshing Ark Inventory..."

Everytime I am unloading from an obelisk, this "Refreshing Ark inventory..." happens every 6 or so items, lasts 5 mins, and then fails each time. Why?

Because of the implemented transfer-timer protocol.  People cannot play a game to enjoy the game, they have to find ways to cheat.  Uploads were a well-known method of cheating (look it up if you don't know, I'll not post that voodoo here), so timers were introduced.  The timer used to be double...  not 15-16 minutes, but 30-32.  That was terrible.  Shorter is better, but having no timer was really awesome back in the day.  But, cheaters gonna cheat, as Ben Franklin once said.

Anywayz:  I'm imagining the upload system has a lot of stability tests and refreshes to its inventory and the player's current inventory it constantly runs when it is interacted with.  If your internet connection is at all shaky and you desync even a little bit it halts the upload/transfer, hangs up the menu for a few minutes, and then kicks you out, giving you the "Failed" message.  It is a failsafe to prevent cheating cheaters from cheating.

When you remove an item from the ark data, it goes to your inventory, but it takes the game a second to remove the icon from the ark data inventory. If you quickly drag items from ark data to your inventory it can happen that you try to pull an item that you had already pulled, and then it gives you the minute long waiting time with a fail message at the end. I take my items out of ark data slowly and not always the first one from the inventory, to avoid this and it works, i never get the long waiting time.

• 5 months later...

Archived