Giant bees

SHOTGUNDanny

I've had this happen to me as well and unfortunately I really haven't found a way to avoid it or figure it out completely but my tribe has gotten into certain habits with the hives and we've seen some moderate success with it.

One habit is that the person that places the hive needs to pick it up, preferably the person that tamed it (if it wasn't a trade). Don't know why but it seems to poof less often when we adhere to this.

Another is that we try to get bees from the server we're on as opposed to taming a whole bunch on another server and transferring them over. All the ones we transferred poofed on us so we stopped doing that.

The last one involves cryoing the bees if we're storing them as opposed to keeping them in hive form and saving them in a vault. I know it's annoying to sacrifice room in the cryofridge for this but the hypothesis on this is that the information on the bee is better saved when they're in the cryopod as compared to the hive form so they are less susceptible to weirdness from rollback, patch updates, and the like.

All of these practices are somewhat voodoo and I can't give you scientific proof they work because we still lose a bee every once in awhile but on the whole we lose much less than we used to so something has to be working lol

20 hours ago, LordHotPockets said:

I've had this happen to me as well and unfortunately I really haven't found a way to avoid it or figure it out completely but my tribe has gotten into certain habits with the hives and we've seen some moderate success with it.

One habit is that the person that places the hive needs to pick it up, preferably the person that tamed it (if it wasn't a trade). Don't know why but it seems to poof less often when we adhere to this.

Another is that we try to get bees from the server we're on as opposed to taming a whole bunch on another server and transferring them over. All the ones we transferred poofed on us so we stopped doing that.

The last one involves cryoing the bees if we're storing them as opposed to keeping them in hive form and saving them in a vault. I know it's annoying to sacrifice room in the cryofridge for this but the hypothesis on this is that the information on the bee is better saved when they're in the cryopod as compared to the hive form so they are less susceptible to weirdness from rollback, patch updates, and the like.

All of these practices are somewhat voodoo and I can't give you scientific proof they work because we still lose a bee every once in awhile but on the whole we lose much less than we used to so something has to be working lol

Legend thanks for taking to the time to share your problems, I had 30 stored as hives in vault and got them out to see colours but after placing hive bee just disappears 

43 minutes ago, SHOTGUNDanny said:

Legend thanks for taking to the time to share your problems, I had 30 stored as hives in vault and got them out to see colours but after placing hive bee just disappears 

You are welcome good sir, hope it helps in some way. It's a really crappy feeling when they just poof like that, especially if you took the time to tame it.

Archived