Memorial Service for Ark

Jomo2210

Memorial Service for Ark

Hey all. Due to the latest issues with exploits and ark devs disabling transfers for ps4. My duo manned tribe got stuck on Val and wasn’t able to transfer to do maintenance. We lost quite a bit of stuff. From Dino’s to structures. 

I wanted to to make a space for people to vent and morn their loses. 

Id rather keep this space clean and non toxic. (Ark is full of that as is)

Instead let’s just share some of our favorite things that we have lost and how. Rather it be from bad luck to funny events. 

I’ll begin:

RIP -Thor.  My very first breed Dino in ark. I forced fed it meat for almost 3 hours before realizing how the baby mechanic worked. 

Died by auto decay :,( 

Not a transfer related issue, but a loss nonetheless. 

A few months ago, I was playing on server and had a badass mosasaur with a 97 armor platform saddle on it. There were these guys with a raft fleet and a bunch of turrets and plant X up, and I decided to soak all their bullets because they were trolls who had lied repeatedly to everyone on server saying "how chill they were" just to stab everyone in the back and attempt to raid everyone. Well, I had just soaked almost all their bullets and chomped the easily available plant X that I could with the mosa and had retreated a bit to regen some life before round 2. 

Well, one of their rafts made a break to blue ob, and I was following them so that I could massacre them as soon as they opened their doors. I accidentally ran my mosa into their raft while trying to chomp one of their plant X on the boat, and it glitched my mosa just above the water to where it wouldn't drown, but it was completely stuck and unable to move as well. Because of this, they were able to hit me over and over with squids and rockets until I was dead. 

This wouldn't have been as bad of a loss if I didn't have a managarmr and a 230 giga in cryos on my character. Was a very rough day

I and my tribe of IRL friends made a tribe on an extinction server, we where on it for about a month and a half, and everything was normal, one day we had come across a giga nearby, it was a fairly low level so we decided to try to tame it, after all of our tranq darts we're almost gone we finally knocked it out, pumped it full of our narcotics as two hunted prime meat, when it finally was tamed we were all very proud to have tamed our first giga, a week later, server wipe, giga gone, bred Dino's gone base gone. We were pissed, and heartbroken, so we built a tower to the height limit of the map in memorial, which do to the size of the tower cause decent server lag, which was some passive aggressive payback I guess

Started playing almost a year ago, Had a starter base on the island coast near carno island. A server buddy gifted me 2 mutated rexes to start up a boss line. Took them on an expedition to the snow to make my new base. Blue and yellow were the names and everything went great, got to my spot and started clearing the area of trees and dinos to start laying down walls. You know that area in the top middle of the island in the snow where there is a random spawn spot for non snow creatures like rexes, stegos, scorpions n such? Well I was killing stuff around there and was killing something that ran into the water a little, I followed it in to kill it and found out that I couldnt get Yellow out cause of the stupid little mini ice chunks in the water.

Had no idea he would get stuck at the time, Tried positioning him so many different ways and although he was standing up he was losing oxygen fast. Me and a tribemate tried everything we could, tried moving him in every direction we could but sadly yellow died that day.

1 week later christmas event started and we got cryopods.... would of been great to have those pods for this situation but you live and you learn.

Blue survived and was the mother of my rex line that I still use today. Sadly Blue met her fate when I did my first beta megapithicus. Went in with an army 19 strong + 1 yuti, Megapithicus was a breeze but for some odd reason Blue just decided to turn around and walk straight into the pit and kill herself. I swear it was suicide. Of all the rexes that could of gone in that hole it had to be Blue :(. Surviving rexes were barely scratched from the fight and we immediately did an alpha megapithicus with no losses and also no rexes under half health.

I still think about Yellow and Blue to this day, and how Yellow missed out on all that we accomplished after his sacrifice, he never got to see the compound that was build on the land he cleared. Also how Blue committed suicide at the loss of her mate that she never got to mate with. But her children live on and are a tribute to all that she was.

Archived