What is the best creature to mass breed as an army?

StarMerc89

To be honest my vote goes to the Dimorphodon. 

Ever see a bronto die in a few seconds and it's body disappears before it even ragdolls to the floor, Thats what a swarm of good stat Dimorphos will do for you. 

Like others have said, it really depends on what you would use the army for, but if you are looking for some good all round raw killing power, you can't go wrong with dimorphodons. Nice thing is they are great for PvP because people don't use them very often and so players arent used to dealing with them. Me and a buddy once had about 25 dimorphodons which we had been massing up slowly and leveling up. Being the only flyer that you can increase their speed with stat points makes them truely deadly. We got into a fight with 2 allied tribes. We decided to have some fun and fly over to say hello with our two high level argents and our whole swarm of Dimorphodons. Needless to say they hadnt encountered a raid like that before, The dimorphos killed their 3 carnos and their other land dinos in a few minutes. they started trying to fight us on their pteradons, so they tried picking us off the argents, we had parachutes so we just stayed by the swarm and kept calling them back when they got aggrod too far. Long story short they eventually fled with their final Ptera to their allies base and let us have our way with their own base. They lost a total of 3 carnos a stego, an anky, an argent and two pteradons. We lost 5 dimorphos and thats all.... If that doesnt tell you just how strong the dimorpho swarm is then I don;t know what will. especially considering they werent even really high level dimorphos nore were any of them bred, jus random tames we would pick up here and there.

Nice thing about them is they also shred players dues to their armour piercing attacks. Not only that but they target the rider of a dino before the dino itself. It truely is a force to be reckoned with if you get a nice well leveled death ball of them. 

Considering they are one of the easier dinos to find and tame really is what sets them apart from other suggestions like rexs or theris, sure rexs and theris are strong and have their use, but for the same effort you would take to tame 2 rexs or 2 theri's, you could tame atleast 10 dimorphos(probably more), and the dimorphos would shred a rex or theri in a fight with enough of them.

Everyone always says rex but give me an army of theris anyday. They are much easier to handle than rexes and the veggie cake bonus is a plus. Its much easier to fit 20 theris on an obelsik platform or lead an army of theris through the tek cave. 

Saying that its nice to have a mixture. Ridden rexes and have the theris on follow as muscle. 

7 hours ago, HoboNation said:

Ever see a bronto die in a few seconds and it's body disappears before it even ragdolls to the floor, Thats what a swarm of good stat Dimorphos will do for you. 

Like others have said, it really depends on what you would use the army for, but if you are looking for some good all round raw killing power, you can't go wrong with dimorphodons. Nice thing is they are great for PvP because people don't use them very often and so players arent used to dealing with them. Me and a buddy once had about 25 dimorphodons which we had been massing up slowly and leveling up. Being the only flyer that you can increase their speed with stat points makes them truely deadly. We got into a fight with 2 allied tribes. We decided to have some fun and fly over to say hello with our two high level argents and our whole swarm of Dimorphodons. Needless to say they hadnt encountered a raid like that before, The dimorphos killed their 3 carnos and their other land dinos in a few minutes. they started trying to fight us on their pteradons, so they tried picking us off the argents, we had parachutes so we just stayed by the swarm and kept calling them back when they got aggrod too far. Long story short they eventually fled with their final Ptera to their allies base and let us have our way with their own base. They lost a total of 3 carnos a stego, an anky, an argent and two pteradons. We lost 5 dimorphos and thats all.... If that doesnt tell you just how strong the dimorpho swarm is then I don;t know what will. especially considering they werent even really high level dimorphos nore were any of them bred, jus random tames we would pick up here and there.

Nice thing about them is they also shred players dues to their armour piercing attacks. Not only that but they target the rider of a dino before the dino itself. It truely is a force to be reckoned with if you get a nice well leveled death ball of them. 

Considering they are one of the easier dinos to find and tame really is what sets them apart from other suggestions like rexs or theris, sure rexs and theris are strong and have their use, but for the same effort you would take to tame 2 rexs or 2 theri's, you could tame atleast 10 dimorphos(probably more), and the dimorphos would shred a rex or theri in a fight with enough of them.

I like this dude's comment on the overall logic, but, would say vultures instead. +Armor shredding

For Tek Cave, it's Rexes.

For the Overseer, Theri's. 

Theri's in the Tek Cave are susceptible to the Yuty fear. If you go 100% Theri's, they will all go running into the Lava.

On Theri's you are also more likely to be dismounted by Microraptors, Purlovia's, and Kapro's. Possibly Megalosaurus' (not sure if they can grab you off the Theri)

In all reality, using a monster Giga to eat everything is choice 1. (Should be deployable from Cryo before door closes)

Choice 2 should have a HP Reaper with Rex riders, one Yuty rider, Theri's on follow. The Reaper can whip some stuff off into the lava.

If soloing. I'd just use a Rex and have the Theri's on follow. Then use a tek chest piece and a pump and whistle commands against the Overseer.

9 hours ago, HoboNation said:

I used to breed a dimorph army. They are awesome. Could take on just about anything. Good for caves too. Vultures work too but dimorphs are cooler IMO.

compy's

Imagine a compy army, each with 15k health and 1000 melee damage, being air dropped into an already soaked base. The sheer horror the enemy must face watching their rexes and spinos being chomped to death by the smallest dino there is would be quite the spectacle. The world would break, but it would be worth watching from a distance with your spyglass

4 minutes ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

compy's

Imagine a compy army, each with 15k health and 1000 melee damage, being air dropped into an already soaked base. The sheer horror the enemy must face watching their rexes and spinos being chomped to death by the smallest dino there is would be quite the spectacle. The world would break, but it would be worth watching from a distance with your spyglass

the shear noise from them would send me running in terror!!!

On 9/4/2019 at 8:57 AM, HoboNation said:

lol, and its especially hilarious to watch wild ones tear apart large wild carnivores, because its almost impossible for them to be hit

16 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

I really need to do the dimorph army thing, I tamed a 150 the other day and was utterly shocked that on 2x weekend it was 6 minutes with 11 mutton.. thats insane

Raising Vultures is like a day, with spoiled meat. Think baby time is like an hour and  half on 1x. You can use a normal trough and fill it half raw and half spoiled and it will naturally replenish itself and feed at least 5 vultures from juve to adult. 

Rex :
- Carnivore = easier to tame (starve tame).
- Far less expensive in terms of narcotics.
- Absolute dps monster.
- Saddle BPs are harder to acquire than any other dino in the game.
- Carnivore = needs to be careful when breeding to avoid starvation
- Faster maturation rate than theriz. => Faster to get going for gamma bosses.
- Carnivore = can hardly heal during boss fights.
- Cancer pathing IA.

- Fairly large hitbox.

Theriz :
- Herbivore = slow tame.
- Expensive in regards to narcotics. You are commited to stay near it once unconcious (~15 mins wake timer).
- Lower base dps compared to a rex.
- Saddle BPs are very easy to get.
- Herbivore = easy mode breeding.
- Slower maturation rate.
- Herbivore = Veggie cakes, healing mid fight is a major plus against opponents such as the Dragon.
- Smaller hitbox.
- Far superior pathing IA.

On a side note, for having done the tek cave on all difficulties solo with both rexes and theriz, theriz are hands down the best boss dino for bossing. Yes rexes will give you protection against purlovias as well as against knockback in general but their IA is just so bad you are almost certain to lose 1-2 to the lava. As a matter of fact, my best solo tek cave run with rexes is around 45 mins while I can do it as low as 25-30 mins with theriz without having to worry about the lava.

As for the overseer itself, rexes won't cut it. They are having a hard time to keep up with the boss as he moves around, let alone the countless adds that keep them stuck. The dragon phase is also a big no-go in my book as they lose easily 20-40% of their health right there. Theriz on the flip side are way quicker, don't get stuck on every floor cracks and veggie cakes makes any phase a breeze.

Archived