Tek Armor suggestions (Function and Blueprints)

MrTarkanian48

Suggestion

Tek Armor suggestions (Function and Blueprints)

1) Can you add the color scheme (Green, Blue, Purple, Mastercraft, and Ascendant) to Tek Armor Blueprints?  The the majority of this armor is currently very cost prohibitive and IMO the Ramshackle and Apprentice level versions are the only practical options for crafting.  Also if you obtain a significant amount of these blueprints it is very difficult to navigate through them without any differentiating colors.

2) Rebalance Cost: Most of the Blueprints for Tek Armor are just way too expensive to make.  Given the fact that lag, game crashes, and also unnoticed random heavy turrets can kill you at any time, it just does not seem realistic to wear a piece of armor that costs 15k ingots, 8 k polymer, and 600 element; much less 5 pieces.  The risk of losing the items and the extreme cost to repairing the items just makes these blueprints useless IMO.  Or make the blueprints only spawn in Ramshackle/Apprentice levels so they are at least potentially worthwhile to craft. Most the BPs we get are of the MC and ASC level quality, and just get put in a vault to never be used.

3) Make Tek Helmet immune to poison grenades and Poison Wyvern Torpor effects.  THis seems like a no-brainer to me.  End game gear should have this time of protection.

3 replies to this server topic

I can see cost being harder on official servers yeah... But with an Element Dust gacha, the element is pretty easy to obtain.

But yes it is expensive to risk in PvP

I do agree why doesn't the BP's come with the labels? There is obviously different quality tiers, and the rifle even comes in standard qualities, why not armor.

Also agree on helmet. Tribe mate died last night as he discovered its not same as a Hazmat helmet, despite it protecting from radiation.

I would like to add, give a full TEK Suit an Air Conditioner bonus too. it doesn't make any sense that this end game armor has you struggling with heat protection. Have to carry a piece of Ghillie on me to survive my furnaces.

Why does it even need to give negative insulation? Why isn't every piece coming with TEK Personal Air Cooling?

13 minutes ago, MrTarkanian48 said:

2) Rebalance Cost: Most of the Blueprints for Tek Armor are just way too expensive to make.  Given the fact that lag, game crashes, and also unnoticed random heavy turrets can kill you at any time, it just does not seem realistic to wear a piece of armor that costs 15k ingots, 8 k polymer, and 600 element; much less 5 pieces.  The risk of losing the items and the extreme cost to repairing the items just makes these blueprints useless IMO.  Or make the blueprints only spawn in Ramshackle/Apprentice levels so they are at least potentially worthwhile to craft. Most the BPs we get are of the MC and ASC level quality, and just get put in a vault to never be used.

Considering how much more functionality they have than say flak plus now you get great durability, I think the cost is fine. Especially since there is no element cost when it needs repairing. 

They shouldn't be used to run turrets (though with the durability plus hyper speed, I kind of want to see it) but instead used as a way to maneuver while attacking/defending and keep the character profile low from sniping.

If a BP is too expensive to use, don't. It's like any other bp. You find the best of what you're looking for (armor, durability, etc.) for the cost. 

Keep the cost the same devs. Let people decide if it's worth it or not.

1) Yea the colors are nice and I'd like to have them labeled properly too. It was fine when there was no way to get higher quality tek gear but ever since Extinction was released it's really bothered me.

2) Agree a little bit. The bonus from 900(base tek) armor and 5000 armor is that 5000 is 5x better than 900 (900 provides a .1x multiplier for damage, 5000 provides a ~.02x multiplier) Sounds nice at first but realistically, nearly all of the time, if you're dealing with things that are a threat to you when you have a .1x multiplier on damage you take, you ought to be on a dino to fight those things anyway and armor isn't that important.
The durability gain is nice to not need to repair it so often but in reality it's probably cheaper to have a spare set on you in case the first one breaks.
Being the endgame armor set I can see why it should be expensive, but 10k+ metal for a single armor piece is 50k+ for the whole set, which is ~20x as much materials for 5x as much armor, and that is pretty absurd, it could use being lowered a bit.

3) Don't play scorched/rag or pvp much so can't really comment here

Archived