server Thinking about buying a server

Arkalotapuss

Thinking about buying a server

Hey thanks for having a look I want to buy my own server to run Ark on but I have no idea where to start or what to look for really, I was hoping for some suggestions from fellow Ark players who know what they are talking about when it comes to servers. I'm a little cheep so if theres a cost effective way for me to do this that would be awesome. Thank everyone for having a look. Good hunting

12 hours ago, Arkalotapuss said:

Thinking about buying a server

Hey thanks for having a look I want to buy my own server to run Ark on but I have no idea where to start or what to look for really, I was hoping for some suggestions from fellow Ark players who know what they are talking about when it comes to servers. I'm a little cheep so if theres a cost effective way for me to do this that would be awesome. Thank everyone for having a look. Good hunting

We would be happy to help you out :)

ChicagoServers.co has a very easy, yet powerful control panel that even beginners can navigate. Ordering with us is simple and your server is online instantly. Please check out our main post here.

The first step would be to purchase a server. You can configure all of the settings such as the server's name, from directly within the control panel. Then, connection information is provided to you and you can connect to the server from within the game, or Steam, after adding the server as a favorite. Point and click configuration is the best part of our control panel. You can be up and running and playing with friends in no time at all.

No managing files if that's not your type of thing. Of course we offer full file access should you become more familiar with administration of the server.

Our team is always available via live chat which is great for small questions that you may not want to open a support ticket for. Reach out to us and see if we're what your looking for.

We also offer a 7-day no questions asked money-back satisfaction guarantee!

9 hours ago, JimmyCS said:

We would be happy to help you out :)

ChicagoServers.co has a very easy, yet powerful control panel that even beginners can navigate. Ordering with us is simple and your server is online instantly. Please check out our main post here.

The first step would be to purchase a server. You can configure all of the settings such as the server's name, from directly within the control panel. Then, connection information is provided to you and you can connect to the server from within the game, or Steam, after adding the server as a favorite. Point and click configuration is the best part of our control panel. You can be up and running and playing with friends in no time at all.

No managing files if that's not your type of thing. Of course we offer full file access should you become more familiar with administration of the server.

Our team is always available via live chat which is great for small questions that you may not want to open a support ticket for. Reach out to us and see if we're what your looking for.

We also offer a 7-day no questions asked money-back satisfaction guarantee!

Thank you but I dont really need a hosting service I'm looking for some information on owning the physical server and hosting it for myself. I appreciate you having a look. Good luck 

15 hours ago, Arkalotapuss said:

Thank you but I dont really need a hosting service I'm looking for some information on owning the physical server and hosting it for myself. I appreciate you having a look. Good luck 

Sorry, my mis-interpretation!

In that case I would just suggest buying a decent closet burner off eBay, loading CentOS onto it, then running things with LinuxGSM. This would require minor knowledge with Linux. Windows would also be do-able of course, in which case batch files should work just fine.

More detailed information can be found here: https://ark-survival-evolved.fandom.com/wiki/Dedicated_Server_Setup

6 hours ago, JimmyCS said:

Sorry, my mis-interpretation!

In that case I would just suggest buying a decent closet burner off eBay, loading CentOS onto it, then running things with LinuxGSM. This would require minor knowledge with Linux. Windows would also be do-able of course, in which case batch files should work just fine.

More detailed information can be found here: https://ark-survival-evolved.fandom.com/wiki/Dedicated_Server_Setup

Thanks alot for the information Jimmy it's much appreciated. Good luck

• Volunteer Moderator

Moved this thread to the administration section rather than hosting providers.

7 hours ago, JimmyCS said:

A quick note regarding the following info provided on that page:

Doubleclick the extracted SteamCMD.exe file. It will start downloading the rest of SteamCMD. NOTE: YOU MUST OWN ARK: IN ORDER TO INSTALL THE SERVER

Once you reach the prompt, type the following. Replace USERNAME with your Steam username, and PASSWORD with your Steam password

login USERNAME PASSWORD

This is not entirely accurate. You can download the server anonymously by simply login as anonymous:

login anonymous

Archived