Flyers on follow

TargetOne

Flyers on follow

I wish the follow mechanics of flyers would be improved. When mining mineral resources, I like to take an anky or doed with an argent (for transport/air support) set to follow. As I move around on the anky/doed, the argent, in its attempts to catch up, usually stops and hovers right on top of me and the anky/doed. This often causes the anky/doed to get "stuck" on the argent's legs, and I have to keep turning around while holding the forward/run keys to get unstuck, or dismount and get on the argent to move it away.

The only way I can keep this from happening is to set the argent to the highest follow distance. None of the lower distances will be enough. But then, more often than not, it will stop at too great a distance, too far to provide effective back-up if the anky/doed and I get attacked, and inconvenient when I need to use it to pick up the other mount for transport.

I wish the mechanic would be modified so that the flyer always stays at the intended distance, regardless of how far or how fast the land mount moves.

For that matter, I also would like to see flyers always stop and hover at an altitude that can actually be reached by a person on foot. All too often, they will hover too high too high, and I have to either run some distance away (until they fly back to me) or whistle "land flyer" to bright them within reach again.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:16 AM, caleb68 said:

set the follow range one notch higher, it really helps when using anky to farm and having the bird on follow, helps with rex's too when they are on follow.

That's just it. Having the bird on follow distance "high" isn't enough to keep the bird from coming to a stop hovering over me and my anky (and getting us tangled up), yet follow distance "highest"  is TOO high, often leaving the bird too far away to be useful in the event of an attack or for a quick getaway.

I'm saying there needs to be more intelligent logic put into the whole "follow" mechanic.

You could remove the problem altogether by farming a much easier way. 

With the doed you can just pick it and hover near stones for it to gather stone. 

With the anky just drop it on metal jump on, hit the metal and pick it up with the argy again, the anky never has to move. 

In both cases you dont have to worry about the carry weight of the anky or doed just the argy. Just transfer stone to the argy when the doed wont hit the stones anymore coz its full. 

2 minutes ago, Glydyr said:

You could remove the problem altogether by farming a much easier way. 

With the doed you can just pick it and hover near stones for it to gather stone. 

With the anky just drop it on metal jump on, hit the metal and pick it up with the argy again, the anky never has to move. 

In both cases you dont have to worry about the carry weight of the anky or doed just the argy. Just transfer stone to the argy when the doed wont hit the stones anymore coz its full. 

Unless you are on a server that doesn't allow dino carry.

Archived