Are Macros Illegal?

SpyroDragon

Are Macros Illegal?

So I've been getting a lot of different opinions , I even had a pretty decently long conversation with a crossfire z8 games gm about this two sided coin, my point being if your going to ban someone for using a macro your pretty much saying you can ban anyone with a gaming keyboard, razer snyapsis for example... but the other side of the coin which she did make a good point, is that not everyone has gaming keyboards, not everyone can afford one so buying a gaming keyboard is having an advantage over someone with those macro keys... so  long story short im wondering if anyone can awnser the question.. are macros , macros specifally for  example  - pushing t over n over n over again so you can transfer food into dinos inventory and go do something else for a few hours while ur char is auto feeding your new rex .. or is this against the code of conduct ??? just want to be sure , because id hate to get banned over something like this..

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, SpyroDragon said:

Are Macros Illegal?

So I've been getting a lot of different opinions , I even had a pretty decently long conversation with a crossfire z8 games gm about this two sided coin, my point being if your going to ban someone for using a macro your pretty much saying you can ban anyone with a gaming keyboard, razer snyapsis for example... but the other side of the coin which she did make a good point, is that not everyone has gaming keyboards, not everyone can afford one so buying a gaming keyboard is having an advantage over someone with those macro keys... so  long story short im wondering if anyone can awnser the question.. are macros , macros specifally for  example  - pushing t over n over n over again so you can transfer food into dinos inventory and go do something else for a few hours while ur char is auto feeding your new rex .. or is this against the code of conduct ??? just want to be sure , because id hate to get banned over something like this..

10 minutes ago, Grafi said:

I would like to know that either.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/405691491120841629/#c405691491120856614

1 hour ago, SpyroDragon said:

... but the other side of the coin which she did make a good point, is that not everyone has gaming keyboards, not everyone can afford one so buying a gaming keyboard is having an advantage over someone with those macro keys...

That argument is pointless because freeware tools like Autohotkey are way more powerful than any gaming keyboard.

Your question can't be answered with "yes" or "no", because even an autorun-key is a simple macro. Another thing are macros which walking routes and doing things all automatically.

Archived