Sneak Peek: Tek Tier!

Jatheish

18 minutes ago, NullGenesis said:

While I love the look I am a little worried that the game is going to be getting into some insane tech lvls that might make the dinos seem retarded by example. Not from a gameplay perspective mind you, I imagine Wildcard doesn't want to hurt they're biggest draw, but from a logical perspective. E.g. why am I using dinos when I've got a raptoring laser gun :P. Obviously that's a bit of an extreme example, or at least I hope it is, but that's what I feel is going to happen if the tech lvl gets any higher.

Edit: Hmm, was not aware that it would edit the F word to raptoring but I am amused by the originality behind it :).

We'll it would be a step towards what I've always wanted to see in ARK...http://www.xblafans.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/12/dinoriders1.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Rancor said:

We'll it would be a step towards what I've always wanted to see in ARK...http://www.xblafans.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/12/dinoriders1.jpeg

I don't think you're the only one :). Still though, I just hope Wildcard balances it well from an aesthetic, logical, and gameplay perspective.

13 minutes ago, NukeZX said:

Looks nice but kinda shame.

Always liked to play in a game where I am a 'survivor' on a dangerous dinosaur island.

In a bit we will have ppl in full cyborg gear, hightech weaponry and hovering spacecraft.

Yeah, I feel ya. Kinda losing its raw dino world feel. Maybe its jumping to conclusions, but Im starting to wonder if Wildcard actually knows what kind of game they want to make. This just seems a little over the top. I like the look, but it looks like it would fit a sci fi shooter like halo better.

I am a huge fan of the Alien and also Predator lore.

Might as well add them too, hunting the humans.

But seriously, imho I would like to wander through a forest, on my way to my camp, where it is misty, hear a trex roar and then hear it stomping in my direction.

Had such a encounter as a newb, in pitch dark, with my then expensive cloth armor cooking some meat on a campfire on a beach and then all of a sudden see a rex charging at me out of the darkness. Ran straight while panicking into the water and swam into the sea hoping to evade him.

I was planning to start modding in the UT4 editor, maybe making some genuine prehistoric landscapes because of that experience.

Since then never had such a experience like that again. Now I have to worry about mechanical dinosaurs with players in Tron armor charging at me.

Edited by NukeZX

35 minutes ago, MasterHolister said:

Yeah, I feel ya. Kinda losing its raw dino world feel. Maybe its jumping to conclusions, but Im starting to wonder if Wildcard actually knows what kind of game they want to make. This just seems a little over the top. I like the look, but it looks like it would fit a sci fi shooter like halo better.

That's what primitive is for. And also, I'm pretty sure this is what Wildcard planned for the game to be from the very beginning. If they were planning to have it be a raw dino world they wouldn't have put the panelists into ARK

1 hour ago, KooshieBooshie said:

That's what primitive is for. And also, I'm pretty sure this is what Wildcard planned for the game to be from the very beginning. If they were planning to have it be a raw dino world they wouldn't have put the panelists into ARK

I get what you are saying, and I love options, it just seems a drastic jump from riot gear to this. Not hating on it because honestly it looks awesome. It just still doesnt "feel" right. Thats subjective and its just my opinion after all. Im sure it will be a lot of fun regardless.