Don't have Abberation, still want some cool beasts

IvyOfARK

Don't have Abberation, still want some cool beasts

I am in *love* with all the end game creatures from aberration, but I don't have the dlc... I'm instead putting aside some money for extinction. Yet, I still want a way to get the abberation creatures in a way that's at least somewhat fair and balanced. So I decided, why not set up some challenges for myself and spawn them in as a reward? 

My current challenge/reward plan is this: 

Get 100 rex arms + 1 alpha rex tooth = 1 tame basilisk 

Defeat 1 wild Giga without a trap = 1 tame reaper king 

I'm a little lost on what I want to do for the rock drake. One idea I had was flying through Ragnarok's Wyvern trench without getting hit by Wyvern breath, but that seems a little too easy. I'm open to suggestions! 

They sell the dlc at discounts several times a year.   I got all 3 for only $20,  less than a tank of gas for my tiny car.

you are selling yourself short if you don’t pick up aberration.  There is no better map for farming metal,  on top of that reaper queen impregnating,  drakes,  and killer ambiance.   No map will get you as anxious as you get hunting queens and stealing drake eggs.  Think 1st time in wyvern trench ,  but it’s the entire time you are out in the blue or red zones or the surface.

29 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

They sell the dlc at discounts several times a year.   I got all 3 for only $20,  less than a tank of gas for my tiny car.

you are selling yourself short if you don’t pick up aberration.  There is no better map for farming metal,  on top of that reaper queen impregnating,  drakes,  and killer ambiance.   No map will get you as anxious as you get hunting queens and stealing drake eggs.  Think 1st time in wyvern trench ,  but it’s the entire time you are out in the blue or red zones or the surface.

That is, by all means, an extremely fair point. I love what I've seen of it, but it's also home to a special kind of horror... I'm probably still going to spawn in a basilisk for myself on my single player world, but I might save the rest for a sale. 

Do you know what times of the year dlcs go for low prices on Xbox? I was planning on getting Extinction for my birthday, but if i can get all three... 

2 hours ago, IvyOfARK said:

That is, by all means, an extremely fair point. I love what I've seen of it, but it's also home to a special kind of horror... I'm probably still going to spawn in a basilisk for myself on my single player world, but I might save the rest for a sale. 

Do you know what times of the year dlcs go for low prices on Xbox? I was planning on getting Extinction for my birthday, but if i can get all three... 

They post it here on the website all the time when it's on sale on whatever platform on the home page i think.   They sort of rotate which platform has the best sale on it at any given time.  Usually it's timed w/ some holiday.  So watch for a possible sale on holloween, or around thanksgiving there might be one for that weekend.  Also, leading up to their new DLC release they may offer it up for sale before it comes out, I'd watch out for that.  For sure by christmas time there will be some discount I would wager.

Valguero is a free map with a lot of aberration creatures (all except reaper if you use the mod the creator made, but I believe you can add it too). The aberration cave there is no where near as cool as aberration itself but its still a blast to play and explore still, but I'd honestly save up for the $20 it costs for abberation.

Yes, Aberration is my absolute favourite map, i would strongly recommend getting it because of the creatures, farming and its just an overall good map! If your a bit short on cash atm wait until the season pass goes on sail or just buy them individually again on sale. I have seen some really good prices like Grumpy Bear said he got all 3 DLCs for only $20

If you play on Official PvE than i can sell you a good level Rock Drake, already grown, for whatever you can afford. I fine to be flexible on any offers! in the event just gone i got 40+ high level drake eggs with about 3/5 of them being event so i have many norm drakes left over that my tribe won't use. I'm not at home but msg me if ur interested, been wanting to sell the drakes but don't know anyone who would want them!

My steam account is Rock Drake Gaming YT and my pic is a deino eye:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198380792270/

3 hours ago, HippyHippo4 said:

If you play on Official PvE than i can sell you a good level Rock Drake, already grown, for whatever you can afford. I fine to be flexible on any offers! in the event just gone i got 40+ high level drake eggs with about 3/5 of them being event so i have many norm drakes left over that my tribe won't use. I'm not at home but msg me if ur interested, been wanting to sell the drakes but don't know anyone who would want them!

My steam account is Rock Drake Gaming YT and my pic is a deino eye:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198380792270/

That's such a nice offer!! Unfortunately though, I only play single player atm :( I love the crap out of the rock drake design, though, and haven't seen any event colored ones yet- can you show me some pics? 

Sorry i missed your message last night, i keep most of my event drakes in cryopods so i don't have to feed them and so they don't get in the way. I don't have screenshots of most of my event drakes although my first drake on the new Official servers (not legacy) was a Christmas event which i have screenshot here of it from a long while ago as well as an event reaper from a while ago, I've been trying to get event reapers since with no luck. I had to make the videos low res to make them fit but hope they are an alright size! The drake is a 185 in case you were wondering

Adult Red Drake Resized.jpg

Baby Red Drake Resized.jpg

Event Reaper Resized.jpg

Archived