Dimetrodon vs Air conditioners

IvyOfARK

Dimetrodon vs Air conditioners

I have seen SEVERAL YouTubers call the dimetrodon a "totally useless/worthless" tame compared to the efficiency of air conditioners, and say that air conditioners are easier to get, but I totally disagree. 

Dimetrodons can just be picked up by a wyvern or argie in the swamps. They automatically adjust their temps, don't cost a butt load of materials to make, and you need less of them (in my experience) than you would AC units to hatch eggs. They don't call for fancy electrical grids either, and if I'm hatching Wyvern eggs? I just need to add a few standing torches to the room. Boom! Mega easy to maintain. And they're movable! If their position gets wonky I just reposition them with a cryo pod. Not to mention they eat just fine out of my feeding troughs, so I barely have to worry about keeping them fed. I'm in late game and I still use them for egg hatching :)

Despite all that, though, I really understand the appeal of air conditioners. Easy to set up once you have am electrical grid, and all that. I might be giving them more flak than they deserve ?

What do you guys think? 

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Push their melee and they will be even better!

yes its the melee stat, i forgot to say leveled in melee,100% imprint 367 melee after 52 levels. 
but only half my dimetrodon are leveled, i like to keep my breeder dinos unleveled mint in the box condition.
spend 2 weekends taming 9 145 - 150 dimetrodons and combined the stats for fun into a 275.

Archived