Can we have a mesh defense?

ScOpEzZKinq

Can we have a mesh defense?

Are we allowed to have something like a turret tower in the mesh to prevent meshers? Like if the tower dosnt shoot the outside things is it still against the code of conduct? Cuz we just got meshed and I lost a couple tames so now I want to protect me by placing a tower can I do that? And could u help me ban those people? I have their gamertags

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, ScOpEzZKinq said:

Are we allowed to have something like a turret tower in the mesh to prevent meshers? Like if the tower dosnt shoot the outside things is it still against the code of conduct? Cuz we just got meshed and I lost a couple tames so now I want to protect me by placing a tower can I do that?

No. If you have structures in the mesh, even if it is for protection, that means you went in there meaning you yourself broke the rules and will get punished for it.

11 minutes ago, ScOpEzZKinq said:

And could u help me ban those people? I have their gamertags

Submit a Support Ticket with all your evidence and the enforcement team will investigate.

@BertNoobianssadly they often don't even get banned because you need a video/picture of them being in the mesh. 

If they are already inside your base, nothing will mostly happen sadly. 

@ScOpEzZKinq I can only recommend to not play on official because meshing will always be a gigantic issue unless they set up kill areas.

Being a PvE player, I never had to deal with meshing but I'm aware of it.

The amount of videos on YouTube is insane but to not promote those scum I just bypass it. 

The other day I decided to do some research so I watched about 30 video's, some from players being meshed, a few instructional/warning, and a few from the sad losers themselves. 

Truly crappy stuff but I had an idea, watching it. 

If WC refuses to either use the mesh detection/kill barrier a lot of unofficial uses or create their own kill barrier (which would be the best thing to do) because people fall through the map or whatever reason sometimes, I wonder how feasible it would be to;

A) Treat anything under the mesh as underwater. While not a cure all it would eliminate parachutes a favorite tool of mesh attackers plus being able to use firearms and anything else that doesn't work underwater. I'm not suggesting making it underwater, which would allow people to just swim around, but rather gray out/inactivate items the same as if underwater. Heck, if you could figure out how to just deactivate the ability to use the hotbar and access your inventory when under the mesh the only thing people could do is move around maybe which would make meshing basically pointless especially if combined with B.

B) Label everything under the mesh the same as a resource no build zone. This is an option in the single player game and unofficial servers and it would take some more mesh methods plus mesh bases out of the equation.

Obviously there would still be methods to use/created but it takes some of the more common ones out.

I don't know the scope of what this would take but it was my first ideas after seeing these douche's in action.

8 hours ago, johnm81 said:

What I dont understand is why the terrain acts like a one way door. IF I can't shoot through a wall why does the game allow a bullet to shoot through the mesh from the others side??

Make the mesh a barrier on both sides of it. Problem solved?

Problem is that part of your foundations and pillars are sticking into the mesh per design. So they would still be able to wipe your foundations from underneath since they do not have to shoot through the mesh to hit those.

5 hours ago, Campi said:

Problem is that part of your foundations and pillars are sticking into the mesh per design. So they would still be able to wipe your foundations from underneath since they do not have to shoot through the mesh to hit those.

Yeah, I see that it wouldn't prevent all types of meshing. Maybe they should enshrine mesh defense and just give us special short range railgun turrets....

2 hours ago, johnm81 said:

Yeah, I see that it wouldn't prevent all types of meshing. Maybe they should enshrine mesh defense and just give us special short range railgun turrets....

I bloody love that idea right there.

Tek rail turrets,or a a type of rail turret thats easy to make for all the little tribes/solo players and is easy to fill up with a special type of bullet so its easy and cost effective.

Archived