SmallTribes Teaming

ChuckBalboa

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Well to be fair its very hard to enforce.

Well imho it shouldn't be a rule at all. Artificial rules like these fly in the face of an open world game that promotes player freedom. Plus it removes one of the key pillars of conflict, diplomacy, alas I digress.

BUT if it is going to be a rule it really isn't hard to enforce. They just need a real active enforcement gm team. Its just expensive. They need to get battle alerts across servers and observe (and maybe stream it with commentary). Wasn't that the aim of classic servers that they never did anyways?

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

Well imho it shouldn't be a rule at all. Artificial rules like these fly in the face of an open world game that promotes player freedom. Plus it removes one of the key pillars of conflict, diplomacy, alas I digress.

The whole point of the small tribes servers is to create a level playing field, and creating a level playing field requires adding restrictions like no teaming, which includes using diplomacy to collude with tribes against other tribes.

It's a mistake to think of small tribe servers like other PvP servers, they're not, and they're not supposed to be. You already think of PvP and PvE as being obviously different game modes, you should also think of Small Tribes PvP as a distinctly different game mode, it's supposed to be different from standard PvP. That's why small tribes servers exist in the first place, to provide a different, unique game mode that does not include all of the features of standard, open world PvP.

Mind you, I'm not saying that you have to like that game mode, every person has to decide for themselves which game modes they enjoy and which they don't, but it's a mistake to think that the restrictions on small tribes PvP are misguided, they are there deliberately, to intentionally create a different playing experience.

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

BUT if it is going to be a rule it really isn't hard to enforce. ... Its just expensive.

Agreed. It's quite difficult to enforce the small server rules, but I hope for the sake of the honest players on small server that WC keeps trying.

Archived