How can i win SoTF? Bionic Giga Skin Impossible

Zee

Soo. Xbox players get a bionic rex skin that is earned through PvE

If i want a bionic skin on PC I have to compete in this bullcrap? DILO

200 wins for the bionic giga skin? this is ridicolous i'd be lucky even winning ONE game. i tame, i create a army and still end up losing. The most wins i've seen on someone is 30 and they've been playing the game nonstop since it was released. 

I'm about to stop trying, You need either a more PVE friendly approach to earning the skin or reducing the bionic giga skin to something like 50 ranked games. 

• Volunteer Moderator

I'm not 100% sure about this so someone can confirm or deny this, but if you play in a 2, 4 or 6 player tribe and your tribe wins (even if you die in the match?) then that counts as a win for all players?

If i'm right in that, as I say not 100% sure, maybe look to play in something like 4 player tribes?

Can anyone confirm?

Tbh I feel they should change it to 200 games played, instead of 200 wins.

its insanely hard to get, and will take a very long time.

Also I would suggesting Adding other skins, eg 20 games played, 50 games played. so you can actually entice people from the normal game.

since right now all the players are like, this is impossible, hell no.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, MrX101 said:

Tbh I feel they should change it to 200 games played, instead of 200 wins.

its insanely hard to get, and will take a very long time.

Also I would suggesting Adding other skins, eg 20 games played, 50 games played. so you can actually entice people from the normal game.

since right now all the players are like, this is impossible, hell no.

200 games played? Hell no. You'd get players starting a game, die right away, start next game. You could get through 200 of those very quickly.

I like the way it is, will give hardcore players a challenge, for example the pvp members of my tribe were pretty inactive or they were playing in other servers, now they are all trying hard in SOTF aiming for the skin mainly.

What they should add is easier skins in the future that can be brought to regular ARK, but since the Giga is the ultimate tame I believe they should keep the way it is.

10 minutes ago, Ness said:

I like the way it is, will give hardcore players a challenge, for example the pvp members of my tribe were pretty inactive or they were playing in other servers, now they are all trying hard in SOTF aiming for the skin mainly.

What they should add is easier skins in the future that can be brought to regular ARK, but since the Giga is the ultimate tame I believe they should keep the way it is.

IDK, I think it should be a fair bout for anyone of any skill level.

I mean, someone who is really great at PvE aspects of the game, but is horrible when it comes to PvP is going to have a very tough time getting the skin.

I'm not sure difficulty really matters for a skin. As it's just something that says "Hey, I've completed this achievement!". Whereas actually taming a Giganotosaurus would prove that you're very advanced/know what you're doing, and that your tribe is very strong.

I mean, on XB1 a player can simply go into Solo and set all the settings so it's easiest and fill out the dossier book in a day or two and receive the Rex Skin.

200 wins is honestly too much. Especially considering many people struggle even getting one win due to the amount of players in each game.

I'm sure they could figure out some way they can make it simpler to obtain, while also keeping the difficulty level the same. Such as "Tame --- amount of creatures", "Kill a boss creature in a SotF match", etc...

Just my thoughts on the subject at hand.

its just a matter of, what is the point of the giga skin really?

is it to entice normal ark players to play soft?

well then its terrible because 99% of them can't get it without playing a game they might enjoy less for a huge amount of time.

is it to be a reward for amazing soft players?

well then a large amount of them don't care because they enjoy soft more than normal ark or don't own normal ark

They need to design the giga skin for 1 of those 2 scenarios. 

I cant believe people want a hand out! its something to work towards as an end game item! why should it be something people get in a weekend? 

It should be something that people are proud to own and not something everyone in game has. I love that its a thing people can work towards and after a good solid effort be rewarded. 

The current leader has 80+ wins so its actually not that hard or takes too long to get if you think the first player will have one in about 2 weeks of release.  

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one” - Bruce Lee 

@Spur So asking for alternative form to earn the skin is asking for a hand out? The devs handed out a free bionic skin to the xbox players. Do you  seriously believe people who end up getting the 200 wins care about the main game at all and have a giga at that. I Own 6 gigas on a Official server all tamed weeks of PvE work. I spend more time enjoying PvE in the game. If the alternative route  involves PvE you think thats a hand out?

Its a skin, its a cosmetic nice to have option not mandatory for gameplay

If you think its REALLY nice and you REALLY want it then you/'re going to have to suck it up and either buy an xbox or go play sotf. You keep putting it across in the most entitled manner but it doesn't change that its a cosmetic item and therefore not important.

7 hours ago, Spur said:

I cant believe people want a hand out! its something to work towards as an end game item! why should it be something people get in a weekend? 

It should be something that people are proud to own and not something everyone in game has. I love that its a thing people can work towards and after a good solid effort be rewarded. 

The current leader has 80+ wins so its actually not that hard or takes too long to get if you think the first player will have one in about 2 weeks of release.  

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one” - Bruce Lee 

yea every body on xbox has a rex skin these days on dedicated and multiplayer servers boring but they are not that common to see in official servers and it is hard to get 1 in official servers and ur rite its the way it should be, the giga skin being that much more awesome it should be that much more difficult to get. It should be exactly like OMFG that guy has a GIGA SKIN he must be a legend in sotf, we dont get a free dino wen u first create a new character and skins certainly arent gonna be free either people want free in game stuff go play pokemon before u know it bam some professor guy is giving u free pokemon lol

@Zee  Firstly I'm not interested in the guys on Xbox getting free skins, good for them I hope they are enjoying them. I understand why companies give exclusive content to different platforms its no big deal they have something we don't IMO.

Maybe I'm overly defensive here as a mostly PVP player but I do have my 300hours on a PVE server and I'm looking forward to getting the skin and showing it to friends etc. I was talking to a guy with 80+ wins and he is also keen to get the skin, its a real challenge and suitable reward.

The Giga is the top predator on the island so it makes sense the top PVP players get this skin. I think rather than asking to change what's an amazing reward for SOTF players you should be asking for something different for top PVE players like Bionic Trike skin. You cant honestly want everyone having the same stuff. 

The Giga skin is awesome but 200 wins is a little overkill for something that is primarily going to be used in PvE imo. Also, SOTF not even being part of the core game makes it a little questionable as well on why they made it that way.

All in all I think they will eventually come out with more TEK skins at some point like they did with the bone costumes. Heck, I would be stoked for a TEK Quetzal and Argy haha. I will most likely never get the Giga skin, but it's no biggie. PC has gotten all kinds of skins, plus they got an entire christmas land with raptor claus lol compared to one TEK rex skin that Xbox has gotten. 

4 hours ago, Spur said:

@Zee  Firstly I'm not interested in the guys on Xbox getting free skins, good for them I hope they are enjoying them. I understand why companies give exclusive content to different platforms its no big deal they have something we don't IMO.

Maybe I'm overly defensive here as a mostly PVP player but I do have my 300hours on a PVE server and I'm looking forward to getting the skin and showing it to friends etc. I was talking to a guy with 80+ wins and he is also keen to get the skin, its a real challenge and suitable reward.

The Giga is the top predator on the island so it makes sense the top PVP players get this skin. I think rather than asking to change what's an amazing reward for SOTF players you should be asking for something different for top PVE players like Bionic Trike skin. You cant honestly want everyone having the same stuff. 

you're kinda missing the point though, most of the pve players probably won't enjoy this type of game compared to normal ark, and only like the top 5% of soft players will be able to get at a reasonable pace, due to time constraints or lack of skill or both. 

Sure the devs probably want it to be rare, but this might be a little overkill is what I'm mostly saying. Also the ones that get it probably barely play normal ark.

and secondly, if the devs wanted to make a quick enticement for ark pve players to simply tryout soft and then they might end up enjoying it, the the devs need to add something which isn't as hard to get as the gigaskin.

If you look at it this way, yes the Giga skin will be hard to get but the game was released a week or two ago. When Ark was released on Xbox, first no-one had the skin, one or two weeks still no-one had it, a month later about half of the people who got the game on its release day or very soon afterwards had the skin. 3 months after release the chat is quite commonly filled with ' anyone want to trade for a Rex skin? '. Give it some time and the Giga skins will be all over

@MrX101  I don't think if PVE players enjoy SOTF or not should be relevant at all because this is a reward in the PVP game mode. Its fantastic to have an 'end game' item that most will take months to get. We live in a culture of people wanting things instantly, what is wrong with saying if you play this game for 6months you will have a hell or a reward for your hard work?

I totally agree with you that they should add an incentive for PVE players but I don't think the answer is to make this one easy for everyone. They already have the hats but I would support some additional skins for 50 and 100 wins sure but the value in this item is the fact it takes 200wins to get.  

10 hours ago, Spur said:

@MrX101  I don't think if PVE players enjoy SOTF or not should be relevant at all because this is a reward in the PVP game mode. Its fantastic to have an 'end game' item that most will take months to get. We live in a culture of people wanting things instantly, what is wrong with saying if you play this game for 6months you will have a hell or a reward for your hard work?

I totally agree with you that they should add an incentive for PVE players but I don't think the answer is to make this one easy for everyone. They already have the hats but I would support some additional skins for 50 and 100 wins sure but the value in this item is the fact it takes 200wins to get.  

but the reward is in normal ark, not in soft, so its a reward for the pve players, since most hardcore soft players wont play normal ark much in comparison.

@MrX101 so you suggest they cancel the 200 win Giga skin and make it a PVE reward in official non SOTF servers? If they do that and then bring in a new PVP based reward for SOTF players all that will happen is people will want that next and say 'its not fair I cant win, please make it PVE based' 

I don't complain that all the dodo rex stuff and halloween events were in PVE servers so why when the PVP players get something good do other people want it taken away or made easy for them to get. 

its simple make a new skin for PVE players to grind for. you should all be asking for that not trying to take something away from others. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/23/2016 at 9:39 AM, Zee said:

Soo. Xbox players get a bionic rex skin that is earned through PvE

If i want a bionic skin on PC I have to compete in this bullcrap? DILO

200 wins for the bionic giga skin? this is ridicolous i'd be lucky even winning ONE game. i tame, i create a army and still end up losing. The most wins i've seen on someone is 30 and they've been playing the game nonstop since it was released. 

I'm about to stop trying, You need either a more PVE friendly approach to earning the skin or reducing the bionic giga skin to something like 50 ranked games. 

I can not agree with you like reducing the cost of the giga skin just because its not that hard to get. I know a lot of people has the giga skin including myself. If your goal is the "giga skin" then you really need to try hard like grenades + dinos. Also I see you are taming an army and still loosing, I dont know what army are you creating it but I am assuming its like either trikes, dilos or raptors? You need more experience in SOTF and start taming Rexes/Spinos. Like 1k stamina, 3-4k HP (or even more if you want) and the rest you can put into melee dmg. If you want to learn more watch some streams read some guides or feel free to ask any questions, I will gladly help you out. I have 207 wins and the giga skin is just a reward for your own dedication, for the time and effort you've put into playing SOTF, that's why it's set as one of the "hardest" skins to get. Also those 200 wins needs to be in 1 category.

Archived