Do existing wyverns lay eggs?

TimeBomb2003

36 minutes ago, Rattasaur said:

Wild wyvern eggs do show parents.

I suppose the game picks 2 nearby Wyverns and does the egg making thing in terms of stats and whatnot and spawns a fertilized egg in a nearby nest. 

not really sure. I've never had the Wyvern version of the "birds and the bees" talk.

No need to even be 2 wyverns. And even male wyvern works for spawning an egg. But the question was that do those wyverns that have already spawned keep spawning more eggs?

Personally only time i have seen egg spawning is when a new egg spawns with wyvern next to it.

And on SE most of the wyvern nest alcoves are bugged anyway. Only 5 to 6 alcoves spawn eggs. And its always the same ones. Rest are always empty.

3 hours ago, Luewen said:

Rest are always empty.

Is it possible that someone picked those eggs up and then threw away in random place midair?

I think it is the other way around - wyvern spawns egg on own spawn.

Would be nice if we could kill all wyverns and only leave lvl190 species to have high level egg farm. But it's hard to test on live server with other people messing everything up and half of them only speaking in squares.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Would be nice if we could kill all wyverns and only leave lvl190 species to have high level egg farm.

It works. I used to drag 190 ice wyverns in the wyvern cave on ragnarok and were getting multiple eggs from it all with identical stats and colors.

That has never worked for me, but I probably did it wrong.  I've stole tons and tons of eggs, and on a few occasions a nest would bug out and produce eggs over and over again...  But 99.99% of all the times I stole eggs, the spawns would dry up once all the eggs were stolen.  They would only pop back up once fresh Wyverns were allowed to spawn.

I dunno.  It's ARK!  Anything can happen...

23 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

is that only on ragnarok, or does it work on scorched earth as well?

It will work anywhere, as long as it's close enough to the wyvern's spawn point so that they don't despawn.

The reason it works so well on Rag is that they stay spawned in after you kite them into the cave.

11 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

It will work anywhere, as long as it's close enough to the wyvern's spawn point so that they don't despawn.

The reason it works so well on Rag is that they stay spawned in after you kite them into the cave.

Will be hard on SE. Wyvern that chace you after you steal ann egg will give up after a while and will fly towards 50/50 of the map. And if they unrender, they disappear. So no new eggs from them. 

On 8/31/2019 at 10:41 AM, deedoubleu said:

Is it possible that someone picked those eggs up and then threw away in random place midair?

I think it is the other way around - wyvern spawns egg on own spawn.

Would be nice if we could kill all wyverns and only leave lvl190 species to have high level egg farm. But it's hard to test on live server with other people messing everything up and half of them only speaking in squares.

Nope. They are always empty. Same nests even when noone else on server.

On 8/31/2019 at 10:55 AM, invincibleqc said:

It works. I used to drag 190 ice wyverns in the wyvern cave on ragnarok and were getting multiple eggs from it all with identical stats and colors.

Can you give more details on this method? 

I tried to preserve high level wyverns by just not killing them, but it always ended the same - they dive in lava river.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

Can you give more details on this method? 

I tried to preserve high level wyverns by just not killing them, but it always ended the same - they dive in lava river.

On Ragnarok, there is a Wyvern Cave:

91985B014F785E4127EA035977D849C356502A43

You access it by a small hole next the waterfall, and there is no lava. When you grab eggs and go in the water, the wyverns being flyers stop chasing you. Manas are ideal for this as they can swim. Grab eggs, go in water, exit the cave, come back for more eggs.

Archived