I love gasbgas!

Mao

They have amazing carry weight I would say that is probably one of their most appealing properties, also I believe they take less damage when they're fully puffy so they can take a bit of damage if the timing is right.

My clan tamed them pretty hot and heavy for awhile on Extinction but we found some negatives that eventually made us stop using gasbags as a primary utility dino. One was that they were very, very awkward to steer and believe me when I say we tried to get past the learning curve with the thing and we never truly could. The second one, and much more annoying concern, is the fall damage it takes. If there's a good amount of oxygen left in the gasbag when it lands it will take less damage when it lands compared to if it has no oxygen, kind of how it takes less damage the puffier it is. Also if you have to land it and it has no oxygen you can always do the dismount trick so the tame doesn't register any damage, though of course you might.

My clan and I are on official servers and so while the fall thing doesn't seem like a concern in theory, when it came to actual application we found that all it would take is for lag to hit at the worst time and the gasbag would take considerable fall damage, leading to us losing several gasbags in the process. Once they opened up transfers we got our high weight argies transferred in and haven't really used the gasbags the same way since, though if you are on single player or unofficial the lag won't be as bad so maybe they are more viable in those enviroments.

That's just my 2 cents, overall they are pretty fun so probably worth the tame but I think it will really come down to your personal preferences and what you plan to use them for.

One of the best dinos around. A bit janky to control but have the highest carrying weight in the game, and are the fastest way to get around (even faster than a mana) when leveled in speed. When full off air they have an 80% damage reduction (same as golems/reapers reduction) but also have the benifits of imprint, mate boost, saddles, and cakes making them an amazing damage sponge.

They can be difficult tame due to spawning in wasteland though.

3 hours ago, solix414 said:

if you get one, remember to stop moving forward halfway through your "jump" that way you stop ascending and float down without dying

you can fly pretty high with them and not die, all you have to do is dismount before they reach the ground.  sense when you dismount you end up ontop of them, you usually don't end up falling off, timing is everything.  after dismounting, the gasbag will take no damage hitting the ground and while your on its back you take little to no damage.

The ONLY other person that sees the value in them... 

What I love so much is on PVE, people using Quetzals over Gasbags.. like WTH.. you fly with a wyvern, pod your dino(s) you farm with, fill up gasbag = winning! Unless you're using quetz with two people to farm metal (should be doing that an ab), then I really don't see the point in gasbags over quetz for farming/moving stuff.

My gasbags aren't even fancy, they don't even have imprints on them for that matter yet I have 12k weight and move at the speed of a 80% empty wyvern.. I farm crystal mainly with them (dont need them on other servers) on The Center and obsedian.. when I get home, I have thousands and thousands of either one of them.. I still havent ran through half the crystal I farmed two weeks ago and I've been making a ton of tek / greenhouse structures.

This is official btw. They're also very easy to raise but my biggest annoyance is handling them is very annoying if they go flying but thats about it.

On 9/4/2019 at 5:16 AM, Super Fab said:

The ONLY other person that sees the value in them... 

What I love so much is on PVE, people using Quetzals over Gasbags.. like WTH.. you fly with a wyvern, pod your dino(s) you farm with, fill up gasbag = winning! Unless you're using quetz with two people to farm metal (should be doing that an ab), then I really don't see the point in gasbags over quetz for farming/moving stuff.

My gasbags aren't even fancy, they don't even have imprints on them for that matter yet I have 12k weight and move at the speed of a 80% empty wyvern.. I farm crystal mainly with them (dont need them on other servers) on The Center and obsedian.. when I get home, I have thousands and thousands of either one of them.. I still havent ran through half the crystal I farmed two weeks ago and I've been making a ton of tek / greenhouse structures.

This is official btw. They're also very easy to raise but my biggest annoyance is handling them is very annoying if they go flying but thats about it.

Try picking your encumbered  gas bag up with a quetzal...don't know if is intended  but my 10k weight gas bag if full .weighs only 600 lbs when carried  with quetzal 

10 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Try picking your encumbered  gas bag up with a quetzal...don't know if is intended  but my 10k weight gas bag if full .weighs only 600 lbs when carried  with quetzal 

I have a 12k weight gasbag I get to encumbered when I farm crystal, I just pick it up with my wyvern (typically use poison/pump pure weight into it) and it usually gets to about 20% total of the wyverns weight, with a full 12k gasbag so yeah that sounds about right :). I would try using a wyvern if you can though unless you're intentionally using a quetz, they just go soooo much faster. 

i agree with all of the positive assessments of gasbags but would also like to add that they are adorable as hell and make the cutest noises and it breaks my heart when i see stuff chasing them about trying to bite them.  also the only person in my tribe that can fly them, the others gave up after like 30 seconds.

Archived