rockwell boss Alpha Rockwell and Tek Suit

Pip20103

Alpha Rockwell and Tek Suit

Hey y'all, we're looking to defeat Alpha Rockwell soon on official and we're wondering if it's possible to take Tek armor into the arena. Looking it up I'm getting conflicting reports about whether there's actually any radiation in the arena and also whether you can hover around with the chest piece at all. Can anyone confirm these items? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2019 at 2:39 AM, Mistermcg said:

Hey - did you ever try this in the end?
I’m going to be doing Alpha Rockwell this coming Sunday (on official) and having the jet pack would really help our strategy which basically all on foot with cactus broth! 

We are doing the fight this weekend as well. We decided to scrap the Tek suit idea because of the difficulty of getting enough element to aberration even after taking an ele dust gacha over there. We are using riot armor and the standard drakes/shotgun method.

I've not hit alpha rockwell for a while but unless its been buffed in any way the easiest way to run it is
-3-4 people go round shooting tentacles, all other players stay at start point and shoot the floating balls, draw aggro from reapers and nameless and shoot tentacles in between then they shoot rockwell when he drops his guard.

Required equipement is;
Tentacle runners- 1-2 sets of good flak/riot, high dmg pump shotgun with 300-500 shells, 50-100 med brews, food and water, 18-20khp drake with good saddle and at least 1200 stam and also a light pet and as much nameless venom as you can get to heal drake.

Start point guards- as above but also a fab pistol/assault rifle to shoot the gas balls could be used and switch to shotgun to hit rockwell when he drops guard

Notes- Tentacle runners should be careful of the purple stun shock that each tentacle can do, Start point guards should be careful not to sit in a acid cloud after killing reapers.

Think I covered everything but feel free to ask any questions and I'll help if I can.

I found a video online which showed some people doing the Alpha on official .. the method they used was to go in on foot with light pets and cactus broth. 

you stand right in front of Rockwell on the bridge type area. You might get the odd reaper that comes down on you but they go down rly quickly with 6+ shot gunning it. 

you shotgun all the tentacles and just plow in to him, rinse and repeat. I tried it on gamma to make sure the tactic is legit and it was such a walk in the park. 

The only struggle was hitting the tentacles behind him. It’s really hard to get a shot on them, you can but it’s tricky. So I though that if I took the tek chestpiece and boots I could jus jump up to get some height to hit the ones in the back!

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Mistermcg said:

I found a video online which showed some people doing the Alpha on official .. the method they used was to go in on foot with light pets and cactus broth. 

you stand right in front of Rockwell on the bridge type area. You might get the odd reaper that comes down on you but they go down rly quickly with 6+ shot gunning it. 

you shotgun all the tentacles and just plow in to him, rinse and repeat. I tried it on gamma to make sure the tactic is legit and it was such a walk in the park. 

The only struggle was hitting the tentacles behind him. It’s really hard to get a shot on them, you can but it’s tricky. So I though that if I took the tek chestpiece and boots I could jus jump up to get some height to hit the ones in the back!

Can you link the video? Would be interested to see how it's done. On my old server I did the general rock drake shooting tentacles method, although we didn't go round and round, we had 3 people on drakes, each person had was positioned either side and at the back and had responsibility for 2-3 tentacles each. Then we had 2 people at the front of Rockwell. Worked pretty well on Alpha.

But interested to see how this other method works on foot too.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:27 AM, GP said:

Can you link the video? Would be interested to see how it's done. On my old server I did the general rock drake shooting tentacles method, although we didn't go round and round, we had 3 people on drakes, each person had was positioned either side and at the back and had responsibility for 2-3 tentacles each. Then we had 2 people at the front of Rockwell. Worked pretty well on Alpha.

But interested to see how this other method works on foot too.

Here we go

fyi - I did this with 10 people on official offline raid protection EU server this last Sunday. 
worked really well. The back tentacles can be hard to hit but what we did was just run up to the sides to get line of sight.. even if it meant pulling one or two reapers - the die so quick.

2x set of asc flak all pieces 700 dura plus 

298 damage shotguns

500 rounds each

1 light pets each

10 cactus broth and med brews. 

perfect run, so easy! 
had about 150-200 rounds left over. Flak was a bit scuffed up afree tail spun by reaper. 

i think it might be handy to have melee weapon to harvest the reaper bodies as when they die the seem to disappear but you can’t walk where they died - but when another reaper tail spun it seemed to clear up the dead invisible corpses.

Archived